PDA

View Full Version : Fridge sale, fridge accessories, cargo platform

nakman
02-16-2013, 03:10 PM
EDIT 3.7.13: All of this stuff is sold, thanks. Just leaving the tread for posterity.. thanks, all. :cheers:

I need to sell some stuff. First up is the patented "Davis Platform," which transforms your typical carco area into a cargo area with a sheet of plywood bolted to it, onto which you can screw countless expo-related accessories. Shown here with the Engel transit lock installed (not included), and 2 80 series tie downs installed (included). $30 for this thing, including custom fit gray carpeting and mounting bolts.

Also for sale is the Engel transit lock, available here (http://www.sleeoffroad.com/products/products_fridges.htm)new for $90, yours for $75. Or, bundle the two together for an even $100.

nakman
02-16-2013, 03:13 PM
Next up is an Engel Posi Fit cable. New right here (http://www.engel-usa.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=vmj_genx.tpl&product_id=84&category_id=25&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=59)for $30+shipping, yours for $25. this is brand new, unopened.

To use, you'd need to call Engel-USA to get their DC Power cord assembly that works with their POSI FIT. the result is a robust, no voltage loss solution for wiring up your fridge/freezer, a considerable upgrade to any type of cigarette lighter.

nakman
02-16-2013, 03:33 PM
Sale Pending on the 45 + Transit Lock

Ok next we get into the fridges. First on the docket is a 45 quart Norcold. dimensions on this guy are 15"x29"x20"high, including the handles and hinges. The year here is unknown, but safe to say it's more than 10-15 years old. Works well though, current model number is MT45F and it retails for about $959.

Mods include the Wagon Gear sideways hinge mod ($45 value) and custom Reflictix insulation, proven to add at least 1/2 day to battery life when you're on that expedition. This insulating jacket also includes a custom map holder, capable of holding 2 full size Bookman atlases (not included).

A 120 VAC power cord is also included, but you'll need to get yourself a new 12v power cord, either a traditional cigarette lighter type (not recommended), a Posi Fit cord to go with the plug above (much better!), or a hard-wire cord like this (http://www.engel-usa.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=vmj_genx.tpl&product_id=74&category_id=25&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=59) whichever cord option you go with will likely set you back about $30.

I am asking $450 for this fridge. But I'd also bundle it with the transit lock and platform above for $500. That's a screaming deal here kids... this fridge will hold 6 growlers of craft brew, or enough food & drink to keep most families happy for a solid 4-day weekend.

nakman
02-16-2013, 03:40 PM
The other fridge is a much newer, bigger, 63 quart model. This is again a Norcold, but current model number is MT60F. Its dimensions are about 21" x 35" x 20" high, including the handles and latches. This fridge also sports a custom Reflectix insulated cover, which not only protects its pristine exterior, but significantly increases fridge performance, particularly when exposed to the sun.

A 120VAC cord is included, but like the other one you'll need to get your own 12v cable, about a $30 investment depending on which way you'd like to go. This fridge will hold 12 growlers of craft brew. Or, 2 30-packs of Busch Light, with extra room for groceries on top. This is some serious fridge space here, for only the most experience Expo travelers and tailgaters. Buy a new one right here (http://www.engel-usa.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=vmj_genx.tpl&product_id=25&category_id=1&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=59) for $1320 + shipping. Or buy this one for $600.

nakman
02-16-2013, 03:43 PM
Both fridges can be installed at the same time, and will open inside the vehicle far enough to remove the baskets. I'll ship the cable, but nfw on the rest of this, local pickup only thanks.

Uncle Ben
02-16-2013, 04:37 PM
I would like to get 1st option to buy the 45qt....need to think on it a tad....just want the option to be there....smoking deals!

sleeoffroad
02-16-2013, 04:44 PM
FYI, these are really good fridges and personally I would not sell them for anything on the market, unless you are getting a new Engel. Arguably still the best in terms of performance and current draw. Also the compressors on these are bullet proof.

nakman
02-16-2013, 04:48 PM
FYI, these are really good fridges and personally I would not sell them for anything on the market, unless you are getting a new Engel. Arguably still the best in terms of performance and current draw. Also the compressors on these are bullet proof.

New prices! Now $700 and $950... :D

:lmao: j/k thanks Christo! And yeah, only reason I'm selling is to get some drawers. I'm sure another Engel will be in my future.

rover67
02-16-2013, 04:59 PM
2nd in line

gr8fulabe
02-16-2013, 05:12 PM
Possibly interested in the big one. Is there a reason nobody mounts these outside the vehicle? I'd like one for our troopy, but don't want to take up valuable dog/bed space inside.

Thanks
Abe

rover67
02-16-2013, 06:05 PM
BTW I was interested in the small one.

nakman
02-17-2013, 09:47 AM
ok the 45 qt if spoken for. So Abe lmk if you want the 63? if not I have another PM to respond to here on it... thanks.

Corbet
02-18-2013, 11:52 AM
I'll take the posi fit cable do-dad. Are you coming to the pre-run?

nakman
02-18-2013, 12:44 PM
I'll take the posi fit cable do-dad. Are you coming to the pre-run?

Nope, can't make it. I can ship it to you though?

Also as of right now the 63 qt. is still available. Couple guys thinking about it, but no one's been to the ATM yet. :)

Caribou Sandstorm
02-18-2013, 01:01 PM
The Davis platform royalty is a generous pour at my favorite craft hangout...:D

Corbet
02-18-2013, 01:25 PM
Nope, can't make it. I can ship it to you though?

Give it to someone coming to prerun at March meeting? I'd like that big fridge too but no funds for that right now.:(

cbmontgo
02-19-2013, 09:43 PM
I'll take the Norcold MT-60. PMed you.