PDA

View Full Version : free floor jack

nakman
02-16-2013, 04:31 PM
If you're really quick, or if you have a helper with a jack stand, this is a fantastic floor jack. But it leaks.. so it won't suspend a vehicle up in the air for longer than 20 seconds or so, iirc. I tried to fill it up with hydraulic oil once but that didn't seem to do anything, it must need a rebuild or something. Unfortunately time is limited, and if I'm going to spend another hour in the garage fixing something it's going to be a truck or a motorcycle, not a jack- so I bought another one.

This one is cool though as it's got the "SUV adapter" which puts its starting point about 2" under the axle. Plus a custom 12" carriage bolt for improved lowering dexterity... :hill: if anyone wants the project, this could be a fine jack again some day. Come get it.

Air Randy
02-16-2013, 06:45 PM
I'll take it, thats identical to the other free one I got for the same reason: it leaked down. I back flushed the hydraulic cylinder and now it works pretty good. I may be able to use this one for parts.

nakman
02-16-2013, 07:25 PM
Cool, all yours Randy. let me know when you think we'll be in the same place at the same time, I'll toss it in!

Air Randy
02-24-2013, 08:44 AM
Probably best to give it to Ricardo for transfer to me.

nattybumppo
02-24-2013, 01:47 PM
Aw come on Randy...come up to the meeting next week and get it yourself!

nakman
03-05-2013, 01:40 PM
So Randy am I bringing this floor jack out tomorrow?

RicardoJM
03-05-2013, 03:00 PM
So Randy am I bringing this floor jack out tomorrow?

I'm not Randy but I can pick it up from you at the meeting if Randy does not show. :D

Air Randy
03-05-2013, 06:41 PM
Aw come on Randy...come up to the meeting next week and get it yourself!

Unfortunately duty calls...almost every week. I am always traveling Tue-Thur every week for work. I'm off to visit the Missouri Highway Patrol tomorrow morning and dont get back until Friday.

Thanks to Ricardo for being my runner!