PDA

View Full Version : March Rising Sun meeting - Jack-It Night!

nakman
02-22-2013, 03:23 PM
Come join us at Jeffco Fairgrounds on Wednesday, March 6, beginning at 7:00pm (meeting starts at 7:30). We will quickly run through our introductions & club business, then devote the rest of the evening to our featured topic: Hi-Lift Jacks, and vehicle lifting techniques.

So bring your jacket, and bring your jack. Also bring your questions, as club experts will be on hand to demonstrate best practices in jack storage, transport, maintenance, and operation. We will also have a review of the more common Hi-Lift jack accessories, including off-road bases, bumper lifts, lift-mates, and more.

This is a great opportunity to reinforce what you already know, and help others in the club gain the confidence & know-how they need to bring their Hi-Lift jack out on the trail with you.

Wear warm clothes: Jackets, hats & gloves- yes it could be chilly out. Yes, we do have a contingency for moving indoors if the weather is really poor, but our plan is to do this outside.

We need light: Camping lights, flashlights, head lamps, anything you have would be useful.

Heaters: safe propane heaters would also be nice to take the edge off. If you have one and want to bring it, by all means!

There’s a map below, the area is just on the other side of 6th Avenue from Stevenson West, not even a mile away. Please post up any additional questions, and we’ll see you on the 6th for the first ever Rising Sun Jack-It night!

http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/attachment.php?attachmentid=31974&stc=1&d=1360639987

corsair23
02-22-2013, 03:37 PM
:woot:

loudbay
02-23-2013, 09:16 AM
Great idea!

Rzeppa
02-23-2013, 01:28 PM
This should go on the front page of the web site for our guests. Also, I notice the front page has info for the 2010 Rally. I suppose we might want to update that?

nakman
02-28-2013, 08:23 AM
Yes good call Jeff, I will ask our webmaster to update. It's fairly low risk here though, as the two places are only blocks from each other, and we'll have at least one person stay back at Stevenson to direct anyone who shows up over to the new location.

It's good to see the weather turning back around for us though, I was starting to plan for "shovel-it night" and it just wasn't coming together.. should be a balmy & dry by next Wednesday. :thumb:

cbmontgo
02-28-2013, 09:32 AM
I'll be there. Sounds great.

Fishy
02-28-2013, 10:41 AM
I'll be 6 days post Op, but hoping to be there. Probably can't participate in swinging HiLifts around, but still hoping to gain some valuable knowledge. I should have this URB's for everyone to check out too.

smslavin
02-28-2013, 11:34 AM
Going to try and make this my first meeting. Sounds like a great idea. I'll have a couple of flashlights and an extra headlamp.

Caribou Sandstorm
02-28-2013, 07:07 PM
hmmm.....

Cheeseman
03-04-2013, 09:11 AM
This is a great idea but you need to post somebody at Stevinson to tell those who don't know about this and newbies as well. Not sure if I will be at this meeting yet.

corsair23
03-04-2013, 11:35 AM
This is a great idea but you need to post somebody at Stevinson to tell those who don't know about this and newbies as well. Not sure if I will be at this meeting yet.

Nakman is way ahead of you and has that covered :thumb:

subzali
03-04-2013, 01:32 PM
Why does it start at 7 if it actually starts at 7:30? Just to make sure people are there and set up by 7:30 so we have plenty of time to get everything in? I'm confused about what time I need to show up :help:

corsair23
03-04-2013, 01:40 PM
Good question/catch...I'm guessing that we want most everyone ready to go promptly at 7:30pm so we can fly through club business and get on with the fun stuff :D - unlike normal meeting where sometimes we don't really get started until after 7:30pm

nakman
03-04-2013, 02:54 PM
Yes thanks Jeff, spot on. It's the same as any month- show up as early as 7:00, meeting starts at 7:30. :)

jps8460
03-04-2013, 10:05 PM
Excited for my first meeting! i'll bring a lift and some light! we'll see you all there! Is this the same place that the show/swap meet was last year? and does that event count as one of the events for membership?

Rzeppa
03-04-2013, 10:14 PM
Excited for my first meeting! i'll bring a lift and some light! we'll see you all there! Is this the same place that the show/swap meet was last year? and does that event count as one of the events for membership?

No, the fairgrounds are west of the stadium by a mile or three. And yes, your having attended the Rally does count as having attended an event and would make you eligible to join Rising Sun at Wednesday's meeting. The other requirements are, filling out an application form, paying Rising Sun dues, TLCA membership and getting voted in.

Caribou Sandstorm
03-05-2013, 10:33 PM
Propane fire pits? Oops, should have read your post again. I am trying to swing it and will bring my fire pit.

kurtnkegger
03-06-2013, 09:09 PM
Just when I finally think I'll be able to make it to a meeting...everything falls apart, and I can't make it. I'll probably need to be voted in again, as I haven't had a chance to get my paperwork, or dues in....Can I just mail them in??

corsair23
03-07-2013, 01:16 PM
Just when I finally think I'll be able to make it to a meeting...everything falls apart, and I can't make it. I'll probably need to be voted in again, as I haven't had a chance to get my paperwork, or dues in....Can I just mail them in??

Bummer :(

If you were voted in (relatively recently) then yes, you could just mail me the paperwork and dues :thumb: - shoot me a PM if you decide to go that route

Fishy
03-07-2013, 02:25 PM

Bummer :(

If you were voted in (relatively recently) then yes, you could just mail me the paperwork and dues :thumb: - shoot me a PM if you decide to go that route

And.... don't forget that important TLCA membership that's required;)
http://www.tlca.org/join/join-renew.shtml

Rzeppa
03-07-2013, 05:42 PM
And.... don't forget that important TLCA membership that's required;)
http://www.tlca.org/join/join-renew.shtml

Where is that "Like" button when you need it? :rolleyes: