PDA

View Full Version : north side boiling fuel tanks

nuclearlemon
02-25-2013, 07:50 AM
who still does it. englewood is too much of a bitch to get to, so looking for north side of denver

nuclearlemon
02-25-2013, 08:37 AM
looks like colorado rad is a possibilty...sending annies tank out there to find out.
shops that don't
acj
denver radiator
bj s rad service

DaveInDenver
02-25-2013, 10:09 AM
Aurora Radiator I think still will, Colfax and Havana. There's got to be a place in Commerce City with all the trucks.

spectre6000
02-25-2013, 10:30 AM
I had it done a month or two ago at Spike's Radiator. Great (thorough) job, great guy. See my thread in chat for details and results. Very highly recommended. I have contact info around here somewhere if you're interested.

Jacket
02-25-2013, 10:43 AM
I used Arvada Radiator to do my heater core and radiator a couple of years ago. They might do gas tanks as well.

nuclearlemon
02-25-2013, 11:30 AM
I had it done a month or two ago at Spike's Radiator. Great (thorough) job, great guy. See my thread in chat for details and results. Very highly recommended. I have contact info around here somewhere if you're interested.

they're in englewood which as mentioned is not an option since it's an hour one way from where i work

dave, nothing in commerce city as far as rad shops go. epa has scared the all away. if i hadn't found colorado rad in denver, i was going to try the fuel tanker shops. don't know if they do gas stuff or not.

spectre6000
02-25-2013, 04:14 PM
Sorry, I'm still not too up on the geography around here. Nothing in or around Denver seems all that far from any other thing in my perspective, I don't guess. Recommendation is still a good one if you don't find anything closer.

1997Runner
03-05-2013, 02:34 PM

Thanks to you for the heads up on the fuel tank rehab...I dropped off an old Honda unit to be refurb'd yesterday.

OilHammer
06-14-2013, 03:58 PM
I used Arvada Radiator to do my heater core and radiator a couple of years ago. They might do gas tanks as well.

What was the charge for the radiator? Mine sprung a leak and I need to get it patched up.

Jacket
06-14-2013, 04:58 PM
I'd have to double check, but I think it was around 75 for the radiator and 30 or 40 for the heater.

Jacket
06-14-2013, 05:00 PM
I should add that I ended up buying a new radiator about a year later because I had overheating issues.

subzali
06-14-2013, 07:25 PM
What was the charge for the radiator? Mine sprung a leak and I need to get it patched up.

I went to spikes and it was $145. A little steeper than I expected but he knows his radiators

OilHammer
07-02-2013, 01:46 PM
Just an update. I went to Spike and he told me over $600. I about wet myself. He said my core needed to be swapped. $500 for that part and 125 in labor.
I bought a new 4 row for less than half that through my supplier. He seemed to know his stuff, but no way I'm dropping that kind of money on a used radiator when I can buy new and recycle the old for a few bucks.

nuclearlemon
07-02-2013, 02:51 PM
Just an update. I went to Spike and he told me over $600. I about wet myself. He said my core needed to be swapped. $500 for that part and 125 in labor.
I bought a new 4 row for less than half that through my supplier. He seemed to know his stuff, but no way I'm dropping that kind of money on a used radiator when I can buy new and recycle the old for a few bucks.

is that for a recore? there's a place in commerce city, on the frontage road jsut south of the fleamarket that quoted pighead a recore of his 55 rad for $350

they also reattached his overflow nipple for free. did a good job. not much to judge quality on, but at least it's something

OilHammer
07-02-2013, 03:40 PM
500 was for the "high efficiency" 4 row. 400 if I used a 3 row, then the labor to do it in either configuration. I really didn't understand, as it just seemed crazy high to me either way. I think my new 4 row is in-line and not the high efficiency style, but honestly, I never had a problem with cooling capacity. For my end price, it would have been silly to re-core my old one.

FJBRADY
07-02-2013, 04:34 PM
quoted pighead a recore of his 55 rad for $350

they also reattached his nipple for free. did a good job. not much to judge quality on, but at least it's something

Fixed it for you :)