PDA

View Full Version : Need a supervisor - 62 engine ready to go back in

74fj40
08-10-2006, 07:11 AM
The engine on our Fj62 is done and ready to put back in - if anyone who knows 62's is available this weekend or an evening this week to supervise :beer: :beer: , they would be most welcome.
TIA.

*supervisor - one who sits in a lawn chair with a beer and food of their choice and says yes or no to their workers.....

wesintl
08-10-2006, 12:18 PM
That would be MAXSDAD... :)

I'm guessing you want Crash, UB or Robbie. Those are are the 3fe experts.

Crash
08-10-2006, 08:12 PM
To be mentioned in the same sentence as UB and Robbie is a trip and thank you, Wes. I can hang with those two, in fact, I'm probably more experienced than those two when it comes washing a 3FE powered Cruiser. Otherwise, they are in a different league when it comes to the nitty-gritty of taking things apart and putting them back together and I genuflect in their direction. As it is, I will be at Red Rocks tomorrow night for the James Gang, Saturday night at the Arvada Center for John Scofield and Sunday at the Grand Prix. Call me at 303-433-6309 if you need some phone assistance and keep us all informed of your progress - it really isn't any different than reinstalling the engine in any vehicle.

74fj40
08-11-2006, 09:11 AM
Wow - what a great weekend!!!
We're going to give it a shot on our own - problem is we bought the 62 with the engine out and apart, so we've never really seen it installed. May call, but we'll try not to interrupt your great weekend!
Thanks!

To be mentioned in the same sentence as UB and Robbie is a trip and thank you, Wes. I can hang with those two, in fact, I'm probably more experienced than those two when it comes washing a 3FE powered Cruiser. Otherwise, they are in a different league when it comes to the nitty-gritty of taking things apart and putting them back together and I genuflect in their direction. As it is, I will be at Red Rocks tomorrow night for the James Gang, Saturday night at the Arvada Center for John Scofield and Sunday at the Grand Prix. Call me at 303-433-6309 if you need some phone assistance and keep us all informed of your progress - it really isn't any different than reinstalling the engine in any vehicle.

74fj40
08-13-2006, 07:11 PM
uh-oh...
we got the engine installed, but are having a couple of issues.
-not savvy enough mechanics to install distributor.
-can't figure out where several sensors go
-and the biggie - Park works, but anything else (drive, reverse, etc.) just rolls - the crank doesn't turn. We made sure the transfer case was engaged, and the motor is fully mated to the transmission.
Any suggestions on what we did wrong would be appreciated.
Thanks

Rzeppa
08-13-2006, 07:43 PM
James Gang!!! righton! Funk49!!!!

Max, I'll be happy to come over and take a peek. I know Fs and 2Fs really well, and have a clue about 3FEs and FI stuff. I know distributor installs on these engine, BTDT many times.

I also know Toyota auto tranny/torque converter mating from my daughter's 22RE auto tranny 4Runner, should be same same. Pm me...

Chris
08-13-2006, 08:12 PM
Max - If Jeff can help you with the distributor & tranny I can "supervise" by coming over and opening my hood so you can compare and see where sensors, etc go :p:

treerootCO
08-13-2006, 08:30 PM
pretty sure autos won't spin the front end. I know you can pop start an auto if you are going about 45 down the highway.

74fj40
08-13-2006, 09:03 PM
Thanks for the offer of help - but, we need to get it done by Wednesday so my brother can go back to college (Gunnison)
I hate to ask for help on such short notice, but if anyone's available before Wednesday, we sure wouldn't say no.
Thanks

Rzeppa
08-13-2006, 10:15 PM
I know you can pop start an auto if you are going about 45 down the highway.Tried it, it doesn't work, at least with a gm 350 and TH350 auto

Rzeppa
08-13-2006, 10:16 PM
Thanks for the offer of help - but, we need to get it done by Wednesday so my brother can go back to college (Gunnison)
I hate to ask for help on such short notice, but if anyone's available before Wednesday, we sure wouldn't say no.
ThanksI am...

74fj40
08-14-2006, 07:13 AM
Thanks Jeff - I know it's a long drive for you and we really appreciate it. When is the best time for you?I am...