PDA

View Full Version : What's missing here?

Corbet
04-13-2013, 11:07 AM
Other than the wheel and tire what's missing here?32642

thefatkid
04-13-2013, 11:21 AM
Lug nuts.......... and a mudflap. I'm too good, I know. :D

Corbet
04-13-2013, 11:34 AM
Yes but not what I was looking for.

Uncle Ben
04-13-2013, 12:17 PM
Noise control?

FJBRADY
04-13-2013, 01:24 PM
Soap and water for the fender flare?

baja1d
04-13-2013, 02:22 PM
Tire?

wesintl
04-13-2013, 03:09 PM
power restrictions... :D

subzali
04-13-2013, 03:28 PM
Travel restrictions? :D

Corbet
04-13-2013, 03:36 PM
Noise control?

Kevin got it. EMS Powered replacement parts now installed.

Corbet
04-13-2013, 05:38 PM
It took all day to do. Partly due to having to remove the passenger side slider. Mine are Metal Techs. The cat skid was in the way. You may or may not have to pull Slee's but I could not tell if the front outrigger would still cause headaches.

I thought I had a pair of new O2 sensors in the garage but it turns out I only had the front. So I reinstalled the rear one. The gasket is shot and is leaking but other than that I'm really happy with the figment. Hopefully someone like NAPA has a gasket on the shelf locally.

Pic of the new inside the frame rail exit. I'll have to try extra hard to smash this on a rock.

Corbet
04-13-2013, 05:41 PM
This is the reason I has to replace the system. My y-pipe was done. It would have come out in three pieces if I did not weld the front tube back on last week.

corsair23
04-14-2013, 08:15 PM
Looks great!!

Anxiously awaiting your report...

Reading your install report has me wondering about fitment with the MT sliders and the cats EMS offers...

Corbet
04-14-2013, 08:39 PM
Reading your install report has me wondering about fitment with the MT sliders and the cats EMS offers...

Final fitment with the MT sliders is fine. I have about 1" clearance at the closest spot. Basically the center of the cat skid where the support rib is. Both the EMS cats are located in front of the centerline of the MT cat skid plate. I definitely see spots where the design could be refined for fitment. But I have no idea what concessions may have been made for other slider designs. My only minor complaint is the same as everyone on MUD. The front O2 sensor & wide band bung are somewhat exposed to debris from the front tire. But there has not been a report of any failures yet as a result. EMS also is now offering a O2 stone deflector. I forgot to order that.:(

I could not see any way to get the 2nd section of tube up over the frame without removing the slider. Honestly it was so tight even without the slider that it had me wondering at first if it would even past over. Installing the y-pipe section would also be much easier without the slider. I unbolted the brake hardline bracket from the frame to squeeze it in. At that point I was all proud of myself for not having to remove the slider. That moment passed quickly:o

For me the hardest section to install seemed the last (4th) section. I has two mounting tabs that need to be lined up with captured nuts in the frame. The pieces fit super tight with the ceramic coating. Probably slide over each other better without. I sprayed a little WD40 on that piece and that helped a lot. I'll also ad connecting sections 1 & 2 solo was tough as well. Holding the two while trying to get the clamp on was not easy at first.

Overall doing this completely solo was not too bad really. Hoisting the slider back up by myself was harder than installing the exhaust. Having a 2nd person would make it a breeze. I spent about 7 hours total but had plenty of interruptions by the boy trying to "help".