PDA

View Full Version : FJ40 Parking Brake

Bruiser
04-15-2013, 05:59 PM
Does anyone know if the bolts that connect the parking brake on a 40 to the rear drive shaft are sold separately. Are they welded or pressed into to the parking brake?

On my truck I have a weird spacer between my driveshaft and parking brake. The PO welded on some longer bolts and used this spacer to avoid lengthening the driveshaft. It must of been some kind of SBC conversion kit that was sold at one time.

Well, I am having some driveshaft work done so I figured I would get rid of this spacer. But, I am trying to figure out if I can still use the existing parking brake or whether I have to source a new one. Worst case I though I could weld in some of the same 10 MM bolts used to connect the driveshaft to the flange on the diff but I thought I would see what you all thought. I expect there could be balance issues welding on new bolts but seeing the that PO did it and I never knew the difference, makes me think I can do it too. Yeah yeah, just because some idiot lucked out before doesn't mean I will. :blah:

Or if someone has a late model (4spd) parking brake sitting around that they want to offload, that would solve my problem too.

Thanks

nuclearlemon
04-15-2013, 06:33 PM
should be seperate. pn for a 75 drum is 90114-11124

Bruiser
04-15-2013, 07:41 PM
Thanks Ige, you're always very helpful.

Justin

Rzeppa
04-17-2013, 03:41 PM
They are pressed in to the drum itself like wheel studs.