PDA

View Full Version : parting out locked 95 FZJ80

timmbuck2
04-20-2013, 11:14 AM
OK, my gamble to make it to CM this year did not pay off. Took a chance on a cheap 80 down in CO Springs, the PO claimed to have just had the HG done, and it would not start but his mechanic said it just needed an alternator and thermostat. It was cheap, and I *really* want to make it to CM this year, so I took a chance and had it towed to Redline last week. Got the bad news text yesterday from Justin, water on the pistons, so the HG is either bad *again* or the PO did a bad job or he just never did the HG at all. SO...I got it cheap enough to at least break even if I part it out, but don't have the time or $ to throw another HG at it, so I am going to try and part it out quickly and find another 80 before CM. Yeah....wish me luck. :)

Overall a solid 80. It is a 93 that had a 95 engine put in. Obviously the locked axles are the biggest selling point. :) The tires are basically new so would like to sell the tires and rims together. Ping me here or timmbuck2 at gmail or 72o 243 2o92. The truck is still in the Springs...probably can not go drag it home until early next week, but if you are in that area you can always grab the parts while it is still there.

Would consider selling outright for $3k. Worth more than that in parts, or have Justin do the HG and you are ready to go. :D

Here is his original ad:

219,00 miles
Professional sprayed Rhino liner around truck that way you don't have to count the scratches on your fun day
POCKET FENDER FLARES (Bushwacker Does not Make these) ONLY 4 SETS IN EXISTENCE MINE ARE MADE FROM SAME FIBER GLASS AS STOCK FLARES
Hi-Lift Jack
DIFF LOCKS FRONT, CENTER AND REAR
Anti-slip Diff control
3rd row jump seats PERFECT CONDITION
REMOVED PLASTICS ON BUMPERS TO Accommodate MORE FLEX
STEEL TAIL LIGHT GUARDS PAIR (ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE TO GET AHOLD OF IN CO)
SAFARI ROOF RACK W/ BRAND NEW 2 HID HIGH LIGHTS
ORIGINAL RADIO
ALARM SYSTEM (FACTORY)
COMPLETELY LEATHER
NEW BILSTEIN GAS SHOCKS
TRAILER HITCH
HOOD BLACKOUT
CASTER CORRECTED
STEEL BRAKE LINES
2 Side mount CB FIRE-STICK Antennas (CB removed for Now)
Jerry Can and Mount
REMOVED Carpet then rhino lined in trunk space so my dogs can be in the back and not worry about mold growing (the 3rd row jump seats still go in as normal if needed.
219,00 miles I had done a MOTOR SWAP So now has 119k miles just didn't care to change on dash legally, which is a hassle and if the car isn't a classic why bother when it's a toy Motor came from a wrecked in the rear end 1995 FJ80 with 100k miles I put 19k on it, motor mounts were from old motor
1 OME inch Lift
Professional sprayed Rhino liner around truck that way you don't have to count the scratches on your fun day
Unique Only set in Colorado POCKET FENDER FLARES Bushwacker doesn't make these had made and shipped from Japan
DIFF LOCKS FRONT, CENTER AND REAR
Anti Slip Diff Lock Control
3rd row jump seats PERFECT CONDITION used maybe 4 times EVER
REMOVED PLASTICS ON BUMPERS and cut Front TO Accommodate MORE FLEX and the plastics are dumb
Hand Throttle Switch for Winch can handle up to 10,000lbs winch capacity (winch will be sold separately)
NEW BILSTEIN GAS SHOCKS
TRAILER HITCH
HOOD BLACKOUT
Hi lift jack
CASTER CORRECTION
STEEL BRAKE LINES
ALARM SYSTEM (FACTORY) no key fob --unplugged
COMPLETELY LEATHER
Original radio Works like the 1st day
2 new tweeters and speakers in the rear
Side mount CB FIRE-STICK Antennas
Jerry Can and Mount
Great rock crawler project or if you fix starter great first car insurance as a high schooler was around $100/ month
I had my dogs in the back of the truck so I put lineX in trunk space

coloradobound
04-20-2013, 04:07 PM
Hids. How much? More details/pics?

Thanks.

Edit. Damn auto correct on my phone.

timmbuck2
04-20-2013, 04:15 PM
what are you looking for?? email or call or text....I do have more pics, I will try and get them up on a photobucket site

timmbuck2
04-20-2013, 04:37 PM
http://s744.photobucket.com/user/timmbuck22/library/FZJ80

docmallory
04-20-2013, 05:05 PM
Ahh, that's the truck that belonged to K9Searchers/timber/Wrangler (he had numerous aliases because he kept getting banned from Mud). Don't want to badmouth anybody, but you cannot believe anything... *ANYTHING* that guy says. I can provide numerous examples, but that's not the point of this thread. Bottom line is that the headgasket was probably never touched.

timmbuck2
04-20-2013, 05:18 PM
Ah THANKS!! He posted on March 11-12 that he had blown the HG and was looking for options. I responded to his CL ad on March 20. He claimed to be working 90+ hours a week, so pretty interesting he found time to replace the HG himself. I bet if Justin opened it up we will find the original HG.....and then things get interesting. :)

What forums was he on that got him kicked off MUD? Only his K9 handle is still active

docmallory
04-20-2013, 05:34 PM
80's Tech.
He went by the k9searchers, timber988, and wrangler78.

timmbuck2
04-20-2013, 06:59 PM
wow, thanks!! unfortunately a search on timber988 and wrangler78 does not show anything...

coax
04-20-2013, 07:20 PM
I could use a Drivers side wiper arm and 3 of the connectors on the rear of the vehicle right in the center. I think they are for the tail lights/blinker/etc. PO had a trailer wiring controller in there and they got a bit corroded. I'm not in a huge hurry, so if things work out, let me know. I think it would require cutting wires so only worth doing if you are for sure not gonna sell it complete :)

docmallory
04-20-2013, 08:35 PM
wow, thanks!! unfortunately a search on timber988 and wrangler78 does not show anything...

Oops sorry, should be Timber 788. Here's an example, start at post #65.
http://forum.ih8mud.com/80-series-tech/287092-who-has-highest-mileage-80-a-2.html

and another
http://forum.ih8mud.com/chit-chat/583535-picture-80-series.html

and another
http://forum.ih8mud.com/showpost.php?p=7561623&postcount=8

and another
http://forum.ih8mud.com/showpost.php?p=7563430&postcount=74

and another
http://forum.ih8mud.com/80-series-tech/583458-how-do-you-remove-fender-flares.html

Check posts 1102 and 1117 in this thread:
http://forum.ih8mud.com/80-series-tech/218093-80-series-registry-23.html#post7561254

Got anything in writing where he said the HG had been done? Might be able to get your money back if you can prove he is lying (*cough* again *cough*).

nuclearlemon
04-20-2013, 08:56 PM
how much for both axles assemblies?

baja1d
04-20-2013, 11:24 PM
Sure seems like throwing a HG in would be easier to accomplish in 10 days than parting an entire rig and sourcing another?

girraffe
04-21-2013, 07:30 AM
How much are you looking to recoup from the thing I'd be interested in the whole truck if in decent price range.

MDH33
04-21-2013, 07:56 AM
How much are you looking to recoup from the thing I'd be interested in the whole truck if in decent price range.

From the original post|

Would consider selling outright for $3k. Worth more than that in parts, or have Justin do the HG and you are ready to go. :D

Rzeppa
04-21-2013, 12:03 PM
OK, my gamble to make it to CM this year did not pay off.

Guess I am back to looking for a leader for Dome Plateau on Friday...:(

timmbuck2
04-21-2013, 12:45 PM
Guess I am back to looking for a leader for Dome Plateau on Friday...:(

Maybe...still looking hard for a resolution....if it sells on Monday then I have another truck in mind (my original 80!!)...if not, I would have Justin do the HG *if* he can do it in a week....so don't erase my name yet from the Trail Leader list!!

T

Squishy!
04-21-2013, 05:20 PM
I'd like to snag both diffs maybe full axles. Since my crawler was stolen I need to start recouping parts.

nakman
04-21-2013, 09:32 PM
Maybe...still looking hard for a resolution....if it sells on Monday then I have another truck in mind (my original 80!!)...if not, I would have Justin do the HG *if* he can do it in a week....so don't erase my name yet from the Trail Leader list!!

T

Correct me if I'm wrong Jeff but I don't think you have to drive to lead a trail? The leader needs to know the trail, be able to help spot, coordinate recovery efforts.. but really doesn't have to necessarily drive.

My unsolicited advice is take your 100 to Moab, help out at the event, have a good time as passenger on the trails, drive home, then deal with this 80 business. Something's going to get compromised if you try to slam this through last minute. Hope you get it worked out though man. :beer:

timmbuck2
04-22-2013, 10:07 AM
will also have the HG done and sell for $5k

and also will add sliders and a rear bumper with tire carrier swing out plus the HG and sell for $7k

:)

timmbuck2
04-22-2013, 10:08 AM
Your advice is always welcome Tim!!

Good points, but unfortunately I do not do well as a passenger on trails. Found that out the hard way on the first ever CM Trail Leader Training weekend :)

My stock 100 could probably do Dome Plateau...or my rental Tundra. :D

Correct me if I'm wrong Jeff but I don't think you have to drive to lead a trail? The leader needs to know the trail, be able to help spot, coordinate recovery efforts.. but really doesn't have to necessarily drive.

My unsolicited advice is take your 100 to Moab, help out at the event, have a good time as passenger on the trails, drive home, then deal with this 80 business. Something's going to get compromised if you try to slam this through last minute. Hope you get it worked out though man. :beer:

timmbuck2
04-22-2013, 10:50 AM
WOW. :eek: This guy has some serious issues! For those of you who did not read the threads, he has a definite problem with the truth...and for really stupid reasons...even his rambling emails to me are full of inconsistencies, about his job, girlfriend, etc

I actually have many emails where he claimed the HG was done....well actually it went from he "had it done" to finally saying he did it himself after I asked for receipts. I have the original ad where he stated the HG was done, and I even had him send me the original ad where it states the HG was done. I think it would be a slam dunk small claims case, especially if Justin opens it up and finds an original HG. Who knows if I could recover the judgement. Wonder who I should report him to for fraud though?? Local Sheriff? He lives in Manitou Springs...

Oops sorry, should be Timber 788. Here's an example, start at post #65.
http://forum.ih8mud.com/80-series-tech/287092-who-has-highest-mileage-80-a-2.html

and another
http://forum.ih8mud.com/chit-chat/583535-picture-80-series.html

and another
http://forum.ih8mud.com/showpost.php?p=7561623&postcount=8

and another
http://forum.ih8mud.com/showpost.php?p=7563430&postcount=74

and another
http://forum.ih8mud.com/80-series-tech/583458-how-do-you-remove-fender-flares.html

Check posts 1102 and 1117 in this thread:
http://forum.ih8mud.com/80-series-tech/218093-80-series-registry-23.html#post7561254

Got anything in writing where he said the HG had been done? Might be able to get your money back if you can prove he is lying (*cough* again *cough*).

subzali
04-22-2013, 01:06 PM
what happened to your 80 Timm?

timmbuck2
04-22-2013, 04:35 PM
Sigh...he finally agreed to pay for the hg job, but I just received a huge email from him with tons of rambling and accusations and lies and inconsistencies. He sounds rather insane. Daniel, I think I will need your help...

WOW. :eek: This guy has some serious issues! For those of you who did not read the threads, he has a definite problem with the truth...and for really stupid reasons...even his rambling emails to me are full of inconsistencies, about his job, girlfriend, etc

I actually have many emails where he claimed the HG was done....well actually it went from he "had it done" to finally saying he did it himself after I asked for receipts. I have the original ad where he stated the HG was done, and I even had him send me the original ad where it states the HG was done. I think it would be a slam dunk small claims case, especially if Justin opens it up and finds an original HG. Who knows if I could recover the judgement. Wonder who I should report him to for fraud though?? Local Sheriff? He lives in Manitou Springs...

timmbuck2
04-22-2013, 04:36 PM
what happened to your 80 Timm?

My old 80? About a year and a half ago I got an offer I could not refuse, and I was looking at buying and building a 100 series. I think the 100 series build is still a year or 2 away, so I was looking for a cheap 80 to take to CM and oter local trail runs....and now I am in limbo with this guy...

corsair23
04-23-2013, 01:46 PM
Just trade me your '03 LX for my '97 LX and you're golden :)

Seriously though, it sounds like if you hope to get anything out of this guy you are better off not parting out the 80 etc. until resolved. Just FYI, back when I dealt with a scammer back when there is a thing called internet fraud or something like that...You might look into that as well to use against this jacka$$. Sounds like you might have found the brother of the subtank wanker that scammed some of us some time ago...

60wag
04-23-2013, 01:52 PM
Get a written quote on the HG job and get the money from the PO ASAP.

EricG
04-24-2013, 01:33 PM
Damn - sorry you got taken by that guy. He has definite issues with truthiness - wouldn't trust him as far as I can spit. At least one of his bannings was for threatening violence against forum members, so I'd watch your back in dealing with him. The truck was running as of last december - I saw it up at the christmas tree run (he wasn't with us, just saw the truck up there).

I was watching our local board in case anybody got interested in it, but didn't think to check up here. Good luck getting any actual cash from him for the HG work.

timmbuck2
04-24-2013, 07:00 PM
I might have to eventually post his emails...no threats yet, but the inconsistencies and lies are amazing!! He can't keep his stories straight...actually quite humorous...if he had not lied to me!

Anyway...sale of the truck and or parts are on hold until after CM...may have old the truck outright, but might just want to part it out anyway...

thanks all!!

Pighead
04-25-2013, 08:33 PM
'Cruiser Karma is a real bitch.