PDA

View Full Version : We need a food vendor for the rally...

treerootCO
08-15-2006, 02:12 PM
Christo had asked if we are going to have food onsite for our rally and I haven't been able to locate one. I'll swing by Home Depot and see if the hot dog franchise out front has someone available. Post up contacts, ideas, numbers, cousins, family, etc. that would be willing to sell food at our rally this Sunday. I realize this is short notice but I agree with Christo that we should have food onsite.

Romer
08-15-2006, 03:25 PM
Why don't you call the local Quiznos, Pizza Place, Qdoba to see if they want to make some extra money$$

Groucho
08-15-2006, 03:36 PM
Hit up Chipotle. Maybe if you agree to hang their sign, they might get some free food out to you. Alameda and Wads store, 6th and Union Store, and Colorado mills store all should be within reach of the stadium.
Call corporate and ask for the marketing dept. 303-595-4000. Ask for the LSM Mary. Say you originally were speaking with Erin Peterson last year about this event. (Erin no longer works for Chipotle, but it may get you in the door) Be prepared to have # of expected folks to the rally, demographics of where the folks are from, possible increase in interest of those rally folks who may now become Chipotle customers.

Just a thought.

nakman
08-15-2006, 03:48 PM
I know the managers of Bros. BBQ, I can stop by the Broomfield store on my way home and see if they'd be into it. Depends on who's working tonight though, not sure...

Uncle Ben
08-15-2006, 04:41 PM
I know that WaHoos also does promo catering as I have seen them at several places.

sno bored
08-15-2006, 04:50 PM
I think we sould get some of the guys to get their Hotdoggers and Snacksters going.:thumb:

nuclearlemon
08-15-2006, 04:50 PM
btdt on the large chains...they won't return mike's calls. places that say ''cater'' won't work because we buy the food for a set amount of people. we need someone who will come and set up a booth/trailer/etc and sell food.

60wag
08-15-2006, 05:47 PM
mmmmmm Wahoo's....

treerootCO
08-15-2006, 06:45 PM
I emailed Brothers BBQ, Qdoba, and a few others and never heard back....

74fj40
08-15-2006, 06:51 PM
Got a friend at work that sells homeade burritos (regular and breakfast) - they are pretty darn good - I'd be glad to ask himI emailed Brothers BBQ, Qdoba, and a few others and never heard back....

Groucho
08-15-2006, 07:51 PM
You're probably too late with this now for any vendor. Chipotle would donate stuff readily with months notice(they donated food and labor to get away from donating money).
Last minute notice would most likely result in getting food at discount price, but no booths unless pre-paid. Events like this are planned with vendors 6-18 months in advance.
Chipotle has a mobile kitchen that they drag around to all sorts of events. We set it up at the Omni golf course one year and fed 300 participants for a MS golf tourney in 1.5 hours cooking 90% of the food from scratch right there on the clubhouse patio.

Side note, email is the best way to weed out the serious contenders from the small fries. We would play email tag 'till the small fries were about ready to give up. Then we would send them burrito coupons. Big contenders knew how to get to the right marketing people to set up the events they were promoting, without having to deal with the "receptionist". Point? If you have a phone number, call and bug the $h#t out of them. If you have a contact, keep calling over and over 'till you get ahold of that person.

Mike. Rent a popcorn machine. It'll save you a lot of hassle. I'll volunteer to run it for the first hour. :D

wesintl
08-15-2006, 08:27 PM
I say the club buys a grill and we have hot dogs and hamburgers :D donations accepted.

Hulk
08-15-2006, 09:00 PM
I can bring my Weber. It's a good old fashioned charcoal grill. We can buy 50 hot dogs and buns and sell 'em for a buck each. Chips for 50. We can buy sodas too. I can go pick all this up at Sam's Club, if people are in favor of this.

Groucho
08-16-2006, 05:47 AM
I say the club buys a grill and we have hot dogs and hamburgers :D donations accepted.
Correct way to go.

Selling food at a public venue brings a number of certain health code restrictions. Giving it away brings only a couple.

Have the club buy the food, pop and water, and give a ticket to each person as they go in to exchange for their hot dog, chips and soda/water.

Red_Chili
08-16-2006, 06:41 AM
I second the motion. All in favor? Any opposed?

IanB
08-16-2006, 06:43 AM
That makes a lot of sense.

IanB
08-16-2006, 06:44 AM
Have the club buy the food, pop and water, and give a ticket to each person as they go in to exchange for their hot dog, chips and soda/water.

err, the above is the way to go (for clarity) :risingsun

Uncle Ben
08-16-2006, 07:39 AM
I second the motion. All in favor? Any opposed?

:yeahdude: "I" :thumb:

Red_Chili
08-16-2006, 07:55 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,208307,00.html
But it's from Fox so it cannot possibly be true... probably has something to do with big oil and neoconservatives.:rolleyes:

Whew, I was worried for a minute there, all better now.:cheers:

2badfjs
08-16-2006, 08:20 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,208307,00.html
But it's from Fox so it cannot possibly be true... probably has something to do with big oil and neoconservatives.:rolleyes:

Whew, I was worried for a minute there, all better now.:cheers:

aaaaaaaaaa so thats my problem :(

ROACH COACH!!!!!!!

someones gotta have one stop by their work. ask them.
ours got the boot years ago....

2badfjs
08-16-2006, 08:22 AM
what say, if a certian vendor gave away hot dogs ;)
i may even be able to get my neigbhor to hook us up on buns (he's a baker at 'entimans bakery')

nuclearlemon
08-16-2006, 09:43 AM
aaaaaaaaaa so thats my problem :(

ROACH COACH!!!!!!!

someones gotta have one stop by their work. ask them.
ours got the boot years ago....
i tried ours...they don't work weekends.

Kipper
08-16-2006, 09:47 AM
Got a friend at work that sells homeade burritos (regular and breakfast) - they are pretty darn good - I'd be glad to ask him

I think this is a great idea. The bring our own grill idea is good too. I've got a gas grill that I don't mind loaning for the event. It's a little easier than charcoal and might have more grill space with a main rack and two upper warming racks. The only problem is that is needs a ride there.

IanB
08-16-2006, 10:46 AM
Uncle Ben just called me and asked me to post up that he has a gas grill for the club, free. Rising Sun has its own gas grill with a sideburner now. I am sure he will give you the details later :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :bowdown: :beer:

Uncle Ben
08-16-2006, 01:28 PM
Uncle Ben just called me and asked me to post up that he has a gas grill for the club, free. Rising Sun has its own gas grill with a sideburner now. I am sure he will give you the details later :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :bowdown: :beer:

Thanks Ian! Yes it's true, I scored a decent gas grill today. I'll post pics later. It will be at the Rally. :thumb: :)

wesintl
08-16-2006, 01:31 PM
way to go UB :thumb:

I'm sure that sucker will be going all day at moab ;)

Romer
08-16-2006, 02:19 PM
Can we mount it to the back of Perry's truck?

Hulk
08-16-2006, 04:33 PM
If I'm going to buy food at Sam's Club, this needs to happen tomorrow. I won't have much time on Friday and none on Saturday. What do I need to get -- or can someone else pick this up?

nuclearlemon
08-16-2006, 05:08 PM
mike and i both say ''go for it''

Uncle Ben
08-16-2006, 05:57 PM
Can we mount it to the back of Perry's truck?

Not enough weight! But on the other hand maybe it will create enough of a smokescreen that we will be safe from seeing "too much of Perry the Flasher!" It wont get damaged at least as Perry only does :Princess: trails anyway! :o :p: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :hill:

bh4rnnr
08-16-2006, 07:48 PM
Not enough weight! But on the other hand maybe it will create enough of a smokescreen that we will be safe from seeing "too much of Perry the Flasher!" It wont get damaged at least as Perry only does :Princess: trails anyway! :o :p: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :hill:

It might help if it snows:hill: ........ I'll just wait till the cooking is done with:hill: . This isnt the one that would catch on fire at Christo's is it:eek:

nuclearlemon
08-16-2006, 09:56 PM
It might help if it snows:hill: ........ I'll just wait till the cooking is done with:hill: . This isnt the one that would catch on fire at Christo's is it:eek:
you'll have to borrow the sheetmetal spatula from ors

Uncle Ben
08-17-2006, 12:33 AM

What was wrong with Christo's? You never heard of "Char-Broiled" before? kids......:rolleyes:

Red_Chili
08-17-2006, 02:43 PM
RisingSun TOASTIES.
Sorta like Yooper Pasties. Only not.

You'll hafta ask Cheeseman what I'm talkin' about. Or rent "Escanaba in da Moonlight", a very very classic and ultra-high-quality hunter's movie.:lmao:

Rezarf
08-17-2006, 06:18 PM
If I'm going to buy food at Sam's Club, this needs to happen tomorrow. I won't have much time on Friday and none on Saturday. What do I need to get -- or can someone else pick this up?

I can make a food run, if it will take some of the weight off your shoulders, would just need a complete list and quanity, and make sure it can all fit in the back of my 40.

Let me know, I would have to bug out Sunday by 3pm at the latest though.

Drew

Hulk
08-17-2006, 08:17 PM
Drew, that would be great. Here's what I'm thinking:

100 hot dogs
100 buns
individual bags of chips
1 case Coke (24 cans)
1 case diet pepsi (24 cans)
1 case mountain dew (24 cans)
ketchup
mustard
napkins

Probably would be best to go to a Sam's Club or Costco for bulk stuff. Save your receipt -- Mary can write a check to you on Sunday.

Uncle Ben
08-17-2006, 09:48 PM
Thanks Ian! Yes it's true, I scored a decent gas grill today. I'll post pics later. It will be at the Rally. :thumb: :)

Well, I started cleaning the grill and ended up doing some customizing....:flamingo: :hill: Can't decide if I should make ya wait till Sunday or do a sneak peak..... :rolleyes: :confused: :cool: :lmao: :risingsun :woot: :woot:

Rezarf
08-17-2006, 10:10 PM
Drew, that would be great. Here's what I'm thinking:

100 hot dogs
100 buns
individual bags of chips
1 case Coke (24 cans)
1 case diet pepsi (24 cans)
1 case mountain dew (24 cans)
ketchup
mustard
napkins

Probably would be best to go to a Sam's Club or Costco for bulk stuff. Save your receipt -- Mary can write a check to you on Sunday.

Matt, I am on it. I have a Sams Club about 1/4 mile from my house. What time should I get this stuff there? I was planning on just getting there a bit before the shin-ding gets rolling. Man, I better figure out how to get where ever this thing is at.

I didn't see Relish or Ice? And I don't have any cooler big enough to cool down 75 cans of pop, anyone?

Ian, don't you gots a gianormous cooler? :eek:

Drew

Uncle Ben, come on and give us a sneak peak man! :hill: :hill: :hill: :thumb:

nuclearlemon
08-17-2006, 10:57 PM
Matt, I am on it. I have a Sams Club about 1/4 mile from my house. What time should I get this stuff there? I was planning on just getting there a bit before the shin-ding gets rolling. Man, I better figure out how to get where ever this thing is at.

I didn't see Relish or Ice? And I don't have any cooler big enough to cool down 75 cans of pop, anyone?

Drew

we'll have two buckets of ice at the rally.

to get there from down south, take i-25 north to 6th ave west. it's at 6th and kipling on the southeast corner.

Red_Chili
08-18-2006, 07:39 AM
Relish, catsup, mustard. Onions for the socially clueless?

Like, um, ME?

Hulk
08-18-2006, 12:17 PM
Drew, you should get whatever dog toppings you decide on. My list is just a starting point. I have a big cooler I can bring too.

Getting there at 8:45 a.m. will be fine. We don't need to have the grill going at 9:00 sharp -- probably by 10:30 or so.

wesintl
08-18-2006, 12:47 PM
no burgers?

Rezarf
08-18-2006, 01:57 PM
Drew, you should get whatever dog toppings you decide on. My list is just a starting point. I have a big cooler I can bring too.

Getting there at 8:45 a.m. will be fine. We don't need to have the grill going at 9:00 sharp -- probably by 10:30 or so.

No worries man, I am on it. See you Sunday.

Drew

Uncle Ben
08-19-2006, 09:09 PM

Drew

OK here ya go Drew....nearly finished but finished enough for the Rally. It needs a Large RS sticker and big knobby tires and the rest of the wood replaced with Cruiser parts...Might even get tunes and speakers. :hill:

wesintl
08-19-2006, 09:36 PM
schweeeeeeeeet!

IanB
08-19-2006, 10:42 PM
OK here ya go Drew....nearly finished but finished enough for the Rally. It needs a Large RS sticker and big knobby tires and the rest of the wood replaced with Cruiser parts...Might even get tunes and speakers. :hill:

I can fab up something to replace the wood, just not by tommorow. Looks good UB :thumb: :lmao: :hill: :flamingo: :bowdown: :beer:

Drew has the goods, saw him earlier today. :thumb:

:risingsun :yeahdude: :guapo:

IanB
08-19-2006, 10:44 PM
I have an old bent tie rod we could cut and shorten and reweld into a handle, add some clear coated TRE's and paint it and new bolts on each end. Degrease 'em but leave the rubber boots.

IanB
08-19-2006, 10:45 PM
Dude, we need a "Rising Sun Grill Build-Up" thread!