PDA

View Full Version : CIPA rearview mirror with compass and temp display

ScaldedDog
05-27-2013, 01:03 PM
It's this one: http://www.amazon.com/CIPA-36500-Dimming-Rearview-Temperature/dp/B00029WSX6

I have one of these in my 4Runner, and it's really handy. The one I'm selling came out of an Accord, but they fit pretty much anything. $75.

Mark

ScaldedDog
06-02-2013, 01:05 PM
I thought this would get a little more attention. Haven't you ever wonder how hot it was when out on the trial, or which way you were going? :D

Mark

Hulk
06-03-2013, 12:25 AM
Yeah, I've kind of wished that I had an outside temp gauge in my 80. How difficult is this to hook up, and what other parts would I need to make it work?

Uncle Ben
06-03-2013, 08:17 AM
I didn't see this before. I'll take seconds behind Hulkster.

DaveInDenver
06-03-2013, 08:32 AM
I thought this would get a little more attention. Haven't you ever wonder how hot it was when out on the trial, or which way you were going? :D

Mark
Shocked, shocked I tell ya, that a rearview mirror that tells outside temp goes over like a lead balloon to a group of people drooling over Treeroot's '59 FJ25. LOL!

ScaldedDog
06-03-2013, 09:38 AM
Yeah, I've kind of wished that I had an outside temp gauge in my 80. How difficult is this to hook up, and what other parts would I need to make it work?

Hi Matt. I had it in a 2001 Honda, and it's really easy. Just twist the existing mirror off the cam lock and install the new mirror. Route the thermometer probe wire through the firewall to wherever you want the probe mounted, hook power up to something switched with the ignition, and you're done.

I'm selling this one because we sold that car. When I bought this mirror I accidentally ended up with two of them, and liked the one in the Honda so well I paid Amazon for the second one and installed it in the 4Runner. You are welcome to take a look at it if you want to drop by.

Mark

Hulk
06-03-2013, 06:43 PM
OK, sounds good. I'll send you a PM for your address, Mark.