PDA

View Full Version : Gross Reservior

Lars
05-30-2013, 09:28 AM
So has anyone been up to Gross Reservior latley. I understand the forest service did some work on the road last year and was wondering what it was like.

Fishy
05-30-2013, 09:58 AM
Crazy...... I was just now researching the DOW info from last year. Looking into some fishing/camping with my son later on this summer. I like to make a list of all the places we want to hit.

Disappointed to read no float tubes allowed on Gross. I didn't know that.
Watercraft: carry-on, non- motorized boats only (canoes, kayaks, row boats). Belly boats, sail boats, and all trailer hitched boats are NOT allowed. Call 303-634-3641 for more information

From the reports, it fished well last year.

Lars
05-30-2013, 10:11 AM
It also sounds like they took a grader to the road and that it's a pretty easy drive as well. looking at taking my nephew there and doing some exploring around the area and some fishing.

Fishy
05-30-2013, 10:15 AM
All the info I found seemed to indicate the road was always pretty mild. Even Traildamage.com calls it a "2"

Jacket
05-30-2013, 11:31 AM
Are you talking about FS 359/Winiger Ridge?

I was up there last fall a few times on the bike, and they've updated both the entrance and the parking area above the reservoir. The road itself was not a mag chloride road, but would be easily driveable in a Subaru or truck. Most of the spurs are closed.

Lars
05-30-2013, 11:53 AM
WAs looking at county road 132 and 92 j. just makeing that loop. i'm not sure if this is the same set of roads. There were acouple of names for them

Shotshell
05-30-2013, 10:54 PM
I was up there about 5 weeks ago. I don't think I drove on these roads you're speaking of. But everything I drove on seemed to be in good shape and a smooth ride.
Water level is down quite a bit though, no surprise.