PDA

View Full Version : Leaf spring front bushing help

breckrider60
06-02-2013, 12:03 PM
If anyone could help me out real quick i would appreciate it. I'm replacing the leaf springs on my 4runner and i cant manage to get the front bolt that holds the spring to the frame out. I noticed on the rears which i did manage to get out there is a rubber gromet. I think this is what is holding the bolt in place. Ive tried whacking it about a hundred times with a pretty good sized hammer but it refuses to come out. I saw a video on the internet where a guy just uses a torch and burns it out. Do you think this would give me more play room to whack it out?

DaveInDenver
06-02-2013, 03:59 PM
There is a sleeve inside the bushings that usually seizes to the bolt. Penetrating oil, heat, BFH and patience usually works but sometimes the torch and Sawz-All need to come out.

I'm over in Loveland and could help Monday afternoon, just today and tomorrow morning are no good.

farnhamstj
06-02-2013, 06:19 PM
Sawz-all that biatch. Cut right through the pins (bolts) and install new ones.

baja1d
06-02-2013, 07:41 PM
Sawz-all that biatch. Cut right through the pins (bolts) and install new ones.

Yep, agree

breckrider60
06-02-2013, 11:52 PM
I bought a crap sawza from harbor freight it wouldnt get the job done so i whipped out the grinder and that along with some kicking, twisting and knuckle busting got it out. I wish i would have just started with that i spent 3 hours trying to light the damn gromet on fire.