PDA

View Full Version : Local shops to nitrogen fill shocks?

coax
06-03-2013, 12:59 PM
I'm thinking of tearing into my fox stuff rather than keep sending back to Cali to mess with the valving. Seems like to do the re-valve is pretty straight forward with not a lot of tool investment...unless I have to buy a nitrogen tank and regulator.

:cheers:

Corbet
06-03-2013, 01:48 PM
Seems like if you want to make the effort yourself to tune the system you'll want your own tank. Unless its simply a rebuild to same spec all the time. But I'll assume Christo has nitrogen.

coax
06-03-2013, 01:54 PM
Seems like if you want to make the effort yourself to tune the system you'll want your own tank. Unless its simply a rebuild to same spec all the time. But I'll assume Christo has nitrogen.

Good thinking, I'll give Slee a call. I guess with their new shocks they'd have the ability to fill them! I do want to tune the system but my hope is that it will only take me another 1 or 2 iterations to get it set. I'll also get prices on a nitrogen tank, but the regulators can be pricey too! :cheers:

Uncle Ben
06-03-2013, 02:43 PM
Good thinking, I'll give Slee a call. I guess with their new shocks they'd have the ability to fill them! I do want to tune the system but my hope is that it will only take me another 1 or 2 iterations to get it set. I'll also get prices on a nitrogen tank, but the regulators can be pricey too! :cheers:

Just buy the kit from Polyperformance and tune/recharge at will

coax
06-03-2013, 04:52 PM
Yep looking like buying a few bits and doing myself might be the right path. Plus easier install and removal as I can charge after they are on the truck! Airgas has a small tank and regulator locally (20 Cubic Feet, smallest one they have) for about 80 dollars, a few hoses, a regulator, and an adapter to get on the schrader valve and I should be set. More money to spend....:cheers: