PDA

View Full Version : 71 toyota fj40 $8000

coloradoknoe
06-11-2013, 10:43 AM
I have to sell my old toy. I am the second owner (bought it from my dad).
phone 719 351 0480 or email at coloradoknoe@gmail.com
I reduced the price to $6000
http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/3863882909.html.
Has 166,680 miles. About 168,000 miles on a rebuilt F engine with a Weber 26/29 ? progressive carb and Mallory electronic ignition.

`It has a total of 4 in lift. 3 in from an Ole’ Man Emu lift and the other half from a Man A Fre shackle reversal kit and anti inversion grease able shackles. 4 wheel disk brake conversion. Floor shifted 3 speed. 5.23:1 gearing. Relatively new (Low miles) 33x12x15 inch Goodyear MTR tires on black spoke wheels. 2 hoop 6 bar roll cage made by Rock Ware in Colorado Springs.
Man A Fre bumpers front and rear. Front bumper has shackle attaching points and a Warn 9000I winch with synthetic rope (also comes with the cable) and extra hardware. Rear bumper has a tire carrier on the driver’s side and a 3 5 gallon Jerry can or cooler carrier on the passenger side, it also has shackle attaching points, hi lift jack mounting bracket and a receiver hitch.

`The interior has bucket seats up front and a bench seat in the rear. Both the driver’s side and the bench seat have tool boxes under them. Driver’s seat is easy to remove by just removing 1 pin and sliding sideways. It also comes with the original jump seats and 2 tool boxes that fit length ways underneath them. Has both front and rear heaters.

`It comes with both the original hard top and hard doors and a best top soft top and soft doors. Hard top has the 3 door back. 2 half doors and a hatch type door.

`It also comes with most of the original parts and extra parts. Here is a partial list.
2 -2F engines that can either be rebuilt or used as cores. 1 is from a 1979 FJ40 and the other is from a 86 FJ60.
1 Australian 5 speed transmission that has a granny low speed and a overdrive.
1 transfer case out of a 86 FJ60.
The front axle shafts including birfields and housings out including the hubs. The outer shaft is thicker and has fine splines for a stronger axle set-up. It also comes with the front disk brakes from the 86 FJ60.
A power steering conversion out of a Toyota mini truck. Includes the pump and gear box hoses and drag links, and the steering wheel out of a 1979 FJ 40.
A power steering conversion out of a Toyota mini truck. Includes the pump and gear box hoses and drag links ,hubs, disk brakes and the tilt steering wheel out of a 1986 FJ 60.
Brand new rear U joints. Still in the box.
Drive shafts.
Other misc. parts both original and aftermarket.

hate to let it go but guess it's time
Thanks Keith

coloradoknoe
07-01-2013, 05:30 AM
ttt

Hulk
07-08-2013, 04:05 PM
Hard to tell from the photos, but it looks like it has a fair amount of rust? Do you have more photos?

coloradoknoe
07-09-2013, 01:03 PM
It has the typical landcrusier rust down in the lower rear quarter panels and under the doors wear the support comes in. Overall not horrible but not great either. I will get some better pics out there