PDA

View Full Version : VIN inspection GJ to Glenwood Springs

FJRanger
06-13-2013, 09:39 AM
I need some recommendations and was hoping you all could help. My boys (4 & 5) and I will be in the area tomorrow maybe tonight and need a VIN inspection to register our 80, the county where it's going to be registered does not do them. Is there a recommended dealer or any LE officers on here whiling to help? I believe I have all the required forms.

-Nathan

farnhamstj
06-13-2013, 09:43 AM
The police station in Avon do it. Not between GJ and Glenwood, but perhaps any Police station in CO will???

FJRanger
06-13-2013, 09:53 AM
That's what I was thinking, but my understanding is it the vehicle needs to be registered in the county office it's going to be parked/garaged(Garfield) and because of our lack of time I was hoping for Grand Junction to Glenwood because the offices are in Rifle and Glenwood.

DaveInDenver
06-13-2013, 10:25 AM
I think all police and sheriff can legally do them. Now whether or not any random officer you ask will, I dunno. You'll probably have to call and go to an office. State Patrol can do them, too. In the Front Range all Air Care Colorado emissions stations can do them as well as some independent inspection stations.

In Mesa County (Grand Junction, Fruita): http://clerk.mesacounty.us/mv/vin-inspection-process.aspx

http://www.colorado.gov/cs/Satellite/Revenue-MV/RMV/1186648384600

http://www.colorado.gov/cs/Satellite?c=Page&childpagename=StatePatrol-Main%2FCBONLayout&cid=1251594439790&pagename=CBONWrapper

PabloCruise
06-13-2013, 11:13 AM
When I had a problem w/ a prior 55 I had to go to the State Patrol.
The out of state title I got from the seller had an extra "0" inserted, so it did not match the VIN on the frame.

DaveInDenver
06-13-2013, 11:28 AM
When I had a problem w/ a prior 55 I had to go to the State Patrol.
The out of state title I got from the seller had an extra "0" inserted, so it did not match the VIN on the frame.
What you had I think was a VIN title certification, which is not the same as a VIN verification (e.g. just stating that everything matches). I believe only the State Patrol can do the certification.

treerootCO
06-13-2013, 03:56 PM
Drive to any city with mandatory emissions testing. Colorado Air Care Inc. does VIN inspections for $15. These places are all over Denver and surrounding counties.

PabloCruise
06-13-2013, 05:11 PM
What you had I think was a VIN title certification, which is not the same as a VIN verification (e.g. just stating that everything matches). I believe only the State Patrol can do the certification.

Sounds about right.

BournID
06-13-2013, 09:05 PM
I might be able to do it for you. Let me check if its any Certified Police Officer or an officer tied to the agency issuing the certificate. I did them as a Deputy Sheriff in Weld, but haven't done any as a Parole Officer. Oops sorry didnt understand your location until I re-read post.

Rzeppa
06-14-2013, 09:07 PM
I might be able to do it for you. Let me check if its any Certified Police Officer or an officer tied to the agency issuing the certificate. I did them as a Deputy Sheriff in Weld, but haven't done any as a Parole Officer. Oops sorry didnt understand your location until I re-read post.

They (you) have to be certified by DMV. Normally that's the State Patrol, and only by appointment at certain stations. Nearest place to Denver is the State Patrol barracks in Golden.

It is somewhat ironic that Are Care places also have certified inspectors, who don't know a VIN from a smog pump...:lmao:

FJRanger
06-15-2013, 12:44 PM
Thanks for all the respones. I was able to get it all done in Rifle yesterday; I attempted to reply to the thread but had no service. I'm surprised how easy it was, the county office recommended a small auto dealer right around the corner and it only cost $10.00. Then the county office visit lasted 15 minutes at the most. Much smoother than CA...hopefully all these Californians moving here don't ruin that:-) no need to worry regarding us, nra endowment & GOA life members.