PDA

View Full Version : FJ40 Kayline/STC Soft Top, 1/2 Doors, and Bikini Top Setup

corsair23
08-20-2006, 03:07 AM
Would have liked to bring this to the rally but that just isn't going to happen...:(

This came with the '74 FJ40 I bought last fall. I bought a hard top shortly thereafter and I don't figure I'll ever use the top so no sense in letting it rot in my basement :o If you've been paying attention this is the third, and LAST, soft top I have had for sale. The other two have already gone to new homes.

I would prefer a local sale to avoid shipping but will ship if need be...Item would be shipped from 80126

*** SOLD *** Kayline/STC Soft Top w/ 1/2 Doors, AND matching bikini top - black - $400 obo *** SOLD ***

Top removed from my '74 last fall and has been in the basement ever since - doors and bikini were shipped in the FJ40
Items are used but in good to great condition - could use a good cleaning
Slight tear in top right corner of the top
Aside from the slight tear mentioned above there are no holes, torn seams, or otherwise in the top, windows (http://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?p=1343512#), etc.
Zippers all work fine - no separation
1/2 doors are from Bestop and in good shape and have pockets on the inside
Bikini top is a Kayline designed for the Fastrac channel
Fastrac windshield channel included
Have installation instructions for all items that I downloaded from STC's site
Judging by the instructions 95+ % of all hardware for the top is there - You MAY need some screws, bolts, nuts, washers etc. but the instructions are specific on what you need
Older design so the windows don't zip completely out but all can be rolled up
New this setup would cost ~$850 plus shipping
I haven't boxed the items up yet so no real idea on shipping. I will probably box the bows, doors, top/bikini all separately. Seems overall size is the big killer cost wise as opposed to weight so several smaller boxes will be cheaper than 1 or 2 large boxes.Also, if you are in need of a tailgate panel to go with the top I have a BRAND NEW one available. It is from SOR (part #271-75B) and is available for $60 with the top. It is MUCH nicer than the chintzy one available from CCOT.

If your interested PM me. If you want large high resolution pics plus additional pics PM me an email addy.

Thanks!
EDIT: Removed pics to save server space ;)

weigellj
08-21-2006, 11:14 AM
Put me first in line on the top. Thanks

please email me at weigellj@yahoo.com

MDH33
08-21-2006, 12:17 PM
if weigellj doesn't need the half doors, I might be interested.

weigellj
08-21-2006, 03:37 PM
I am going to need the soft half doors as well.

ON a side note, I have several hard doors (old latch style and newer latch style), that I would sell for a decent price if you wanted to do the steal half door conversion.

I plan on doing the steel half doors myself, but it is probably going to be at least a year or two.

If you are interstested or anyone else is, email me. Thanks

corsair23
08-21-2006, 05:13 PM
Weigllj,

You're first in line...Just have to get it boxed up now to determine shipping...The fun has only just begun :o

Thanks!

Martin, sorry but no doors for you...:) I should have brought the stuff to the rally yesterday but it just didn't work out...:mad:

MDH33
08-21-2006, 06:43 PM
No worries! :D

corsair23
08-22-2006, 12:08 AM
Deal pending...Others that have PM'd me you are in line if the first person up decides he doesn't want it.