PDA

View Full Version : Annual Ouray Run – Labor Day Weekend, August 31-September 2, 2013

Old40Dog
07-15-2013, 05:27 PM
This annual run has become a club favorite. Traveling the mountain passes by 4x4 is a wonderful way to experience the magnificent mountains surrounding Ouray (http://www.ouraycolorado.com/). Ouray has been nicknamed the "Switzerland of America." The immediate vicinity offers limitless opportunities for four-wheeling, from easy scenic drives to rugged challenges, along trails miners built to passes that climb to spectacular heights. The trails traverse some of the most beautiful scenery in the world, abundant with wildflowers, ghost towns, abandoned mines, animal life (good chance of seeing moose), all with breathtaking vistas.

Check out area camping (http://www.ouraycolorado.com/ouray-lodging/campgrounds-and-RV-parks.php) info here or camp at the 4J Campground (http://www.ouraycolorado.com/listing/rv4j) within walking distance of a relaxing soak in the Ouray Hot Springs (http://www.ouraycolorado.com/Hot+Springs+Pool) Pool. You can also stay at the Amphitheater (http://www.recreation.gov/camping/Amphitheater_Co/r/campgroundDetails.do?contractCode=NRSO&parkId=70572&topTabIndex=CampingSpot) forest service campground above town or the KOA (http://www.koa.com/where/co/06158/) about 10 minutes North of town.

San Juan Roads and Ghost Town Map attached to this post at the bottom. Check the links to the various trails to "TrailDamage.com (http://www.traildamage.com/)" for more info.

Saturday – Option 1 Governor Basin (http://www.traildamage.com/trails/index.php?id=82)/Yankee Boy (http://www.traildamage.com/trails/index.php?id=81) - Nestled at an elevation between 11500 and 12000 feet, Yankee Boy Basin contains some of the most prolific stands of wildflowers in the state. The basin itself is surrounded by several breathtaking peaks—Mt Sneffels, Potosi Peak, Teakettle Mountain, Cirque Mountain, Stony Mountain, and Gilpin Mountain. Most are 13,500 or higher. The Governor Basin trail splits off from the Yankee Boy and climbs up to the edge of Humboldt Basin, and on to the Humboldt, Virginius, and Mountain Top mines. You drive to the Mountain Top Mine, but the remains of the Humboldt Mine cannot be reached by 4x4, but the old trail can be hiked. We’ll also take the Sydney Basin loop before returning to Ouray.

Saturday - Option 2) Poughkeepsie Gulch (http://www.traildamage.com/trails/index.php?id=77)/Corkscrew Gulch (http://www.traildamage.com/trails/index.php?id=83) . Poughkeepsie Gulch is a moderate trail, but some spots may be difficult for mostly stock vehicles. Corkscrew Gulch trail climbs via numerous switchbacks, the last few of which are steep and narrow. At the summit (at 12,217 ft) is the red soil of the famous Red Mountains 1, 2 & 3 visible to the south.

Saturday 6PM - Pot Luck; At the 4J's group picnic area. Bring your own main dish and a side dish or dessert to share.

Sunday - Black Bear Pass (http://www.traildamage.com/trails/index.php?id=79) to Telluride -, lunch in the city park. You can take a brief walk along Main Street, stop for ice cream or your favorite fru-fru coffee. We'll take Imogene Pass (http://www.traildamage.com/trails/index.php?id=80) for the return trip to Ouray.

All runs meet @ 8:00AM in the parking lot by the Ouray Hot Springs. Depart 8:30 AM!

Post up you're trail preferences if you’re planning to attend.

Here's what it looks like so far......

Dave & Idelle-Fri-Black Bear/Imogene
Sat=Governors Basin/Yankee Boy
Sun= Black Bear/Imogene
Romer–Sat=Poughkeepsie Gulch/Corkscrew
Sun= Black Bear/Imogene
Sarah & Josh–Sat=Poughkeepsie Gulch/Corkscrew
Sun= Black Bear/Imogene
Travis-Fri=Black Bear/Imogene
Sat=Poughkeepsie Gulch/Corkscrew
Daniel M-Sat=Governors Basin/Yankee Boy
Sun=Black Bear/Imogene
Trey-Sat=Poughkeepsie Gulch/Corkscrew
Sun= Black Bear/Imogene
Martin Boersma-Sat=Governors Basin/Yankee Boy
Sun=Black Bear/Imogene
Andrew-Sat=Poughkeepsie Gulch/Corkscrew
Sun=Black Bear/Imogene
Matt-Sat=Poughkeepsie Gulch/Corkscrew
Sun=Black Bear/Imogene
RidinDurty-Sat=Governors Basin/Yankee Boy
Sun=Black Bear/Imogene
Dan K and the whole Famn Damily-Sat=Governors Basin/Yankee Boy
Sun=Black Bear/Imogene
Thanasi-Sun=Black Bear/Imogene
Art, Megan & Family-Sat=Governors Basin/Yankee Boy

Jonathan H-Subscribed
BJ-Up in the air still-Sat=Poughkeepsie Gulch/Corkscrew
Sun= ?
11thcavdrt-Doug-Definite Maybe-Sat=Governors Basin/Yankee Boy
Sun=Black Bear/Imogene
cbmontgo =Subscribed
Josh and Angelina-Undecided

Romer
07-15-2013, 08:47 PM
Definite maybe for Sarah and I (Two trucks)

cbmontgo
07-16-2013, 09:38 AM
Subscribed.

rockrod
07-16-2013, 03:29 PM
I ran poughkeepsie over july 4th weekend. the trail itself wasn't too bad, but the obstacle has changed a good bit since the last time I ran it in 1997.

The 80 (on 285 coopers and mild lift) still conquered it though without any drama. It's dug out at the top and that may catch someone's rocker panel as the rig crests over. Use a spotter. I didn't mess with the other obstacle by the tree. Not even a buddy in his early bronco on 40s could make it without using a winch.

I also ran Imogene to Telluride and that trails was awesome. The scenery is amazing and the columbine were everywhere as you got close to the top.

Romer
07-16-2013, 04:48 PM
BTW - we would do Option 2 on Saturday. Haven't done that

baja1d
07-17-2013, 08:40 PM
Subscribed

Inukshuk
07-18-2013, 11:02 AM
subscribed

baja1d
07-18-2013, 01:11 PM
Just booked 4J. We'll be arriving 8/29 & running black bear/ Imogene on Friday (We've gotta head back Sunday morning for work on Monday). Anyone else showing up early?

jonharis
07-23-2013, 08:32 AM
Since We've moved the 100s in the Hills up a month, I'm going to try to make this one. Subscribed!

11thcavdrt
07-27-2013, 11:22 PM
Hi all, 11thcavdrt here: Delinitly maybe for myself(maybe due to on going son health
Issue in Wichitia,Ks. Finally home last week after 10 weeks in Hosptial, looking good so far
To be over several different issues, spent alot time there,lots of miles on the good ol 96
Tacoma!) So if all holds good, will be there. Option # 1 for Saturday, Blk bear on Sunday1
Should be able to make the upcoming mtg this coming Wed.

bgoodheart
07-28-2013, 12:07 PM
Completely up in the air for the Goodhearts this year, but I hope we'll see you there. Option 2 on Saturday if we can make it. I'll post up when I know more about our schedule. Thanks Dave!

satchel
07-31-2013, 11:55 AM
I'm in! Poughkeepsie and Black Bear please.

mozes
08-01-2013, 07:41 AM
Definite interest. If I don't go to As to pick up free baby grand that is...

Old40Dog
08-13-2013, 09:43 PM
Just booked 4J. We'll be arriving 8/29 & running black bear/ Imogene on Friday (We've gotta head back Sunday morning for work on Monday). Anyone else showing up early?

Less than 18 days to "Heaven on Earth" in Ouray! Can't wait....Think we'll head out a few days early....Maybe do Black Bear on Friday with Travis...:D

Any of the Southwestern Colorado guys thinking about this one?

baja1d
08-13-2013, 10:01 PM
Less than 18 days to "Heaven on Earth" in Ouray! Can't wait....Think we'll head out a few days early....Maybe do Black Bear on Friday with Travis...:D

Outstanding! Wife gets a little nervous on solo runs.

source3
08-15-2013, 07:02 PM
70% yes.

Romer
08-16-2013, 10:00 PM
Still not 100%, but went ahead and reserved a camping spot at the 4J

spcruiser
08-17-2013, 09:14 PM

The Girls and I out, we will miss seeing everyone at the event this year, enjoy.

baja1d
08-17-2013, 10:26 PM
Just read back through the original thread. Please put me down for Opt. 2 on Saturday

Inukshuk
08-19-2013, 03:24 PM
Option 1.

Add Martin Boersma from CA. He's been to many Cruise Moabs and may log in here or not, but he's read it. He'll have a cabin at the 4J.

TheDoc
08-19-2013, 08:04 PM
Tomorrow I hope to take delivery of a 1994 LC -- locked, "3 inch lift", sliders. While I am not yet a member of Rising Sun, I would like to explore joining and participate in the Ouray Run with my wife and 4 year old son. Boy, so many questions... I will definitely be hitting up the Rally this weekend and hope to meet some people and discuss what is "minimally" needed for hitting the trails. In the late 90s/early 2000s I owned a 71 FJ40. So, I have a little experience in wheeling. But that was in Oregon... very different terrain.

Anyway, just wanted to get in on this thread and hopefully learn more about where people are camping. Unfortunately, I have to work Friday, so I would either be arriving in Ouray LATE Friday or at 8am on Saturday. Look forward to hitting some trails.

Thanks, Matt

Romer
08-19-2013, 08:08 PM
welcome Matt. Most us are in the 4J campground. I called a couple of days ago and they still have spots. It is actually in town with clean bathrooms and works for tents, trailers or full up campers

I am working in the morning and plan on getting there late afternoon unless things blow up at work.

You don't need to be a member to do the run and the vehicle you describe would work just about any of these trails. You would want to add a CB, hand held if you don't have time to install would work for the short term.

Feel free to ask your questions about this run here or start another thread in General for other questions

baja1d
08-19-2013, 08:18 PM
Welcome Matt, everything Romer said but also very family friendly. Our kids are still in car seats but have always had a blast at every event!!!

RidinDurty
08-20-2013, 05:12 PM
I just found this thread (I am not super computer savvy) and am excited to learn there will be Rising Sun Members in Ouray Labor Day weekend. I see there are two options for Saturday, I will do either. Black Bear pass on Sunday sounds PERFECT. My wife and I are excited to join everyone this coming Labor Day weekend and having some fun.

cool breeze
08-20-2013, 08:56 PM
Interested in joining you guys for this! Having only lived in co for two years i think we are failing at our job to see the beauty by not yet go to Ouray.

Is there any primitive camping around the places everyone else is camping that would be easily to meet up in the morning?

source3
08-21-2013, 07:15 AM
Primitive camping is far and few between. I prefer primitive as well. However, most flat areas are taken by private or Federal campgrounds as the valleys are steep. Most primitive campground spots are right next to the road.

There are a few Federal campgrounds up Mineral Creek outside of Silverton At the end of Mineral Creek (past the turn off to Clear Lake) are some nice primitive spots, but a 30 minute drive to Highway 550 then another 30 minutes to Ouray.

Outside of Ouray on the road to Yankee Boy are a few Federal Campgrounds. Stayed in Angel Creek Campground two weeks ago ($10/site). Another campground was a few miles up the road.

I am going to keep it simple and stay at 4J if they have spots left. At least they have separate area for tents so you are not next to an R.V.

Interested in joining you guys for this! Having only lived in co for two years i think we are failing at our job to see the beauty by not yet go to Ouray.

Is there any primitive camping around the places everyone else is camping that would be easily to meet up in the morning?

source3
08-21-2013, 07:45 AM
I am in. Option 2 Saturday. Black Bear on Sunday. Will book a tent site at 4J today. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Anyone staying over Sunday night?

70% yes.

Old40Dog
08-21-2013, 08:04 AM
Tomorrow I hope to take delivery of a 1994 LC -- locked, "3 inch lift", sliders. While I am not yet a member of Rising Sun, I would like to explore joining and participate in the Ouray Run with my wife and 4 year old son. Boy, so many questions... I will definitely be hitting up the Rally this weekend and hope to meet some people and discuss what is "minimally" needed for hitting the trails. In the late 90s/early 2000s I owned a 71 FJ40. So, I have a little experience in wheeling. But that was in Oregon... very different terrain.

Anyway, just wanted to get in on this thread and hopefully learn more about where people are camping. Unfortunately, I have to work Friday, so I would either be arriving in Ouray LATE Friday or at 8am on Saturday. Look forward to hitting some trails.

Thanks, Matt

Welcome Matt!

I just found this thread (I am not super computer savvy) and am excited to learn there will be Rising Sun Members in Ouray Labor Day weekend. I see there are two options for Saturday, I will do either. Black Bear pass on Sunday sounds PERFECT. My wife and I are excited to join everyone this coming Labor Day weekend and having some fun.

Looking forward to it!

You'll love it!

I am in. Option 2 Saturday. Black Bear on Sunday. Will book a tent site at 4J today. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Great opportunity to get to know some of the guys! Saturday 6PM - Pot Luck; At the 4J's group picnic area. Bring your own main dish and a side dish or dessert to share.

If you're attending the Rally, look me up this Saturday for any other questions.

source3
08-21-2013, 08:30 AM
4J is fully booked. I only need a small spot to put down a bivy or a small tent (if wife joins). Perhaps I can poach off someone's site? Amphitheater Campground has some first-come first-serve sights. I may try to grab one. The sites available for reservation are booked. Angel Creek is an option too.

If someone has to cancel at 4J, let me know and I will grab your spot.

MountainGoat
08-21-2013, 09:23 AM
4J is fully booked.

:( Oh well. I just booked a cabin at the Ouray RV Park a mile up the road. We will arrive Friday and leave Monday. Saturday will be option 1 and we will run Black Bear on Sunday. I'm bringing the whole famn damily. :hill:

TheDoc
08-21-2013, 12:53 PM
In! My wife and I will be accompanied be our 4 year old son Blake... Still have to figure out where we are sleeping... 4J is booked. Arrowhead is walk up only.

In terms of trails... I am unfamiliar with both and would like to do the one that is the most scenic. The new 80 votes to cut its teeth on some fun trail to ;)

Thanks, Matt

Old40Dog
08-21-2013, 08:46 PM
4J is fully booked. I only need a small spot to put down a bivy or a small tent (if wife joins). Perhaps I can poach off someone's site? Amphitheater Campground has some first-come first-serve sights. I may try to grab one. The sites available for reservation are booked. Angel Creek is an option too.

If someone has to cancel at 4J, let me know and I will grab your spot.

In! My wife and I will be accompanied be our 4 year old son Blake... Still have to figure out where we are sleeping... 4J is booked. Arrowhead is walk up only.

In terms of trails... I am unfamiliar with both and would like to do the one that is the most scenic. The new 80 votes to cut its teeth on some fun trail to ;)

Thanks, Matt

Matt, I'd suggest Yankee Boy/Governor's Basin Saturday and Blackbear/Imogene should be fine on Sunday if you're taking the 80 out for the first time.

KOA (http://koa.com/campgrounds/ouray/) about 10 minutes North of town is nice. They have tent sites but are requiring a 3 night stay this weekend. Maybe you guys can share a site?

Romer
08-21-2013, 08:47 PM
I'm definite, Sarah is a maybe

Old40Dog
08-21-2013, 09:32 PM
I'm definite, Sarah is a maybe

Okay then Ken. Hopefully it will work our for Sarah too.

cool breeze
08-21-2013, 09:33 PM
Thanks for the welcome, hope we can make it. Sucks there isnt much preimiative in nat'l parks or blm lands. We can sleep in the rig if necessary. Looks like we may have waited too long to plan though....

Old40Dog
08-21-2013, 09:47 PM
Thanks for the welcome, hope we can make it. Sucks there isnt much preimiative in nat'l parks or blm lands. We can sleep in the rig if necessary. Looks like we may have waited too long to plan though....

Josh, Its just pretty tight everywhere around with the steep canyon walls making space for camping off the roads pretty limited. The KOA really isn't bad, especially in the far back area. We've done that ourselves in the past. The link is in my earlier post. Hope you guys can figure something out.

Inukshuk
08-21-2013, 11:25 PM
I'm starting to look at adventuresome options for the drive out Friday and drive home Monday. Stay tuned.... You know what I'm capable of!

source3
08-22-2013, 07:36 AM
I am going to take the risk and try to find a "first come first serve" tent site at the Amphitheater Friday morning. I am going to leave Durango around 8am which should put me in Ouray around 10am. I will post to this thread any remaining available spots. My backup plan is Angel Creek up the road to Yankee Boy. For some reason, I cannot do the KOA after driving past it a few weeks ago. If I was in an RV the KOA would be fine.

FJNos
08-22-2013, 04:53 PM
Hey everyone,

I'm going to be down in Durango Labor Day weekend and was wondering if i could tag along for Sunday Black Bear run? I doubt any of you remember me, but I've done a couple of Club runs in the past.

On a side note, i just bought a Power Tank and was wondering if anyone know a good place to get it filled in south Denver (Centennial)?

Thanks,
-Thanasi

baja1d
08-22-2013, 05:11 PM
High Plains Welding Supply is who I use:

3035 S Umatilla St, Englewood, CO, 80110

Romer
08-22-2013, 05:28 PM
Red Comet off of Sante fe or Slee is where I go

Old40Dog
08-22-2013, 08:07 PM
Red Comet off of Sante fe or Slee is where I go

I second Slee and Red Comet as local outfits. :thumb: We all know that Slee is a great resource. Red Comet is a Littleton based outfit that I've used the last 6 years to service the fire extinguishers in my office building and they've offer EXCELLENT service. :D

Romer
08-22-2013, 09:11 PM
I second Slee and Red Comet as local outfits. :thumb: We all know that Slee is a great resource. Red Comet is a Littleton based outfit that I've used the last 6 years to service the fire extinguishers in my office building and they've offer EXCELLENT service. :D

They both do it while you wait. I have been to the high planes welder shop and they have made me come back in an hour or so

Art Volmer
08-26-2013, 08:54 PM
Hi Dave thanks for putting this together again.

I will be bring the family on this trip. Can you put us down for Governors Basin/Yankee Boy. We are going to bum around town on Sunday.

We have a spot at the 4j campground. :cheers:

Inukshuk
08-26-2013, 09:03 PM
Got the first half of packing done tonight.

1) What are good (and easy) potluck dishes. I want to engine cook. I can fit a 9x12 pan.

2) Anyone leaving crack of dawn Friday interested in taking the scenic route down. Maybe over Engineer or Cinnamon or ???

Romer
08-26-2013, 09:09 PM
I'm leaving about 9 after a work meeting.

Is there going to be a grill? I was thinking of just bringing some burgers and buns

Sarah and Jacob will be coming, but they don't get out of class till 3PM in Fort Collins

We likely will head back home Sunday after we get back from the run

Old40Dog
08-26-2013, 09:29 PM
Hi Dave thanks for putting this together again.

I will be bring the family on this trip. Can you put us down for Governors Basin/Yankee Boy. We are going to bum around town on Sunday.

We have a spot at the 4j campground. :cheers:

Great! :clap:Glad you guys are making a return trip!

I'm leaving about 9 after a work meeting.

Is there going to be a grill? I was thinking of just bringing some burgers and buns

Sarah and Jacob will be coming, but they don't get out of class till 3PM in Fort Collins

We likely will head back home Sunday after we get back from the run

We usually have a grill going over the :campfire: at the pot luck for those carnavores among us!

Romer
08-26-2013, 09:30 PM
We usually have a grill going over the :campfire: at the pot luck for those carnavores among us!

Yes you do, just wanted to put out a reminder :D

Old40Dog
08-26-2013, 09:34 PM
Anybody available to lead Poughkeepsie/Corkscrew on Saturday as our leader now can't make the run? :(

Old40Dog
08-26-2013, 09:57 PM
Got the first half of packing done tonight.

1) What are good (and easy) potluck dishes. I want to engine cook. I can fit a 9x12 pan.

Shepard's Pie, Mac & Cheese, Lasagna, Enchiladas, Posole, Chilli con carne or variations thereof...just to name a few...

2) Anyone leaving crack of dawn Friday interested in taking the scenic route down. Maybe over Engineer or Cinnamon or ???

Sorry Daniel, leaving Wednesday morning...Lots of :camping: Testing out the rig for Outlaws Run :cheers:

baja1d
08-27-2013, 12:44 AM
Anybody available to lead Poughkeepsie/Corkscrew on Saturday as our leader now can't make the run? :(

Haven't run it before but I'll lead it if you'd like

Old40Dog
08-27-2013, 08:18 AM

Thanks for the offer Travis! We could run out there Friday,since we're both planning to be in Ouray early.

Fishy
08-27-2013, 11:51 AM

It'd be a good idea to pre-run before leading this one. You'll want to know the route, the best lines up the wall and the obstacle just before the wall, the winch points and best places to stop. There are some turns you need to make to avoid making a long day into a really long day.

The wall and rock obstacle just before the wall are tip over prone if you're on the wrong line.

Sorry I can't be there to participate/be involved. I've over extended my vacation time this year.... A 4th Ouray trip this summer would really put me under!

Old40Dog
08-28-2013, 07:37 AM
It'd be a good idea to pre-run before leading this one. You'll want to know the route, the best lines up the wall and the obstacle just before the wall, the winch points and best places to stop. There are some turns you need to make to avoid making a long day into a really long day.

The wall and rock obstacle just before the wall are tip over prone if you're on the wrong line.

Sorry I can't be there to participate/be involved. I've over extended my vacation time this year.... A 4th Ouray trip this summer would really put me under!

We're going to head out there Friday afternoon to check it out. BTW...Leaving for Ouray in about an hour.:D

source3
08-28-2013, 08:40 AM
Score: just booked a tent site at 4J for Friday and Saturday night. They had a cancellation!

I am bringing Carne Adovada for the pot luck. I will start cooking it today. I slow cook pork in chili sauce for two days. Put in a flour tortilla with cheese. Yum.

Travis and Dave: I can meet up with you on Friday afternoon to scope out Corkscrew...

baja1d
08-28-2013, 09:30 AM
Score: just booked a tent site at 4J for Friday and Saturday night. They had a cancellation!

I am bringing Carne Adovada for the pot luck. I will start cooking it today. I slow cook pork in chili sauce for two days. Put in a flour tortilla with cheese. Yum.

Travis and Dave: I can meet up with you on Friday afternoon to scope out Corkscrew...

Sounds great. My number is 72o-987-42o2. We'll have the green 80 and white 10' hard sided camper. Most likely, my son and daughter will be cruising around on their bikes if we're in camp

baja1d
08-29-2013, 09:52 AM
See you suckers in Ouray... We gone!http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/08/29/4ureteru.jpg

jonharis
08-29-2013, 11:06 AM
I know this is a shot in the dark on such late notice. I have a Rokon that needs to be transported from Grand Junction to northern NM. Even Durango would be a step in the right direction. If anyone has room and is traveling that way or can switch out with someone let me know.

Have a great trip guys. Ill be in middle fork of Cimmaron Creek camping with several families. Holla if you will be in the area. I may moto on up to Ouray for the potluck.

baja1d
08-29-2013, 04:54 PM
Trip advisory... The route over Monarch & through Gunnison is filled with road constructionhttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/08/30/nahegy2y.jpg

Romer
08-29-2013, 05:06 PM
thanks for the tip. Is it bad enough to go the I-70 route?

Old40Dog
08-29-2013, 08:40 PM
Don't know how long Travis had to wait on Thursday, but we were only about 20 minutes on Wednesday at 5 PM.

Might be worse with more traffic on Friday, then who knows what might be happening at the Idaho Springs tunnel either?

bgoodheart
08-30-2013, 10:40 AM
Well, the Goodheart crew is out this year. Have fun, all!

cbmontgo
08-30-2013, 10:44 AM
Well, the Goodheart crew is out this year. Have fun, all!

We are out too. Been under the weather for over a week now.

wesintl
08-30-2013, 02:42 PM
Don't know how long Travis had to wait on Thursday, but we were only about 20 minutes on Wednesday at 5 PM.

Might be worse with more traffic on Friday, then who knows what might be happening at the Idaho Springs tunnel either?

Go almont cottonwood route

baja1d
08-30-2013, 09:02 PM
Made it... Great run over Black Bear today with Dave. BTW, we'll be pulling cable tomorrow on Poughkeepsie... Wet muddy conditions-Yeehahttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/08/31/apeqasy3.jpg

TheDoc
09-03-2013, 12:20 AM
First, I'd like to thank Dave and Idelle for all their work on this trip.

Second, I'd like to thank all the Cruisers for their welcoming of myself, my wife Jen, and my son Blake on our first trail runs with Rising Sun. In fact, this was our first trail run experience in our '94 80 that we purchased about a week and a half ago. We appreciated your safe guidance and wheeling advice/suggestion. We had a GREAT time. I took a couple hundred photos and have posted them to flickr... amazing scenery... to hard to pick just six to post up direct.

Saturday was a fun run up Governor/Yankee Boy. It was great to feel out the cruiser.

Sunday was even better! Black Bear was a BLAST and enjoyed hitting my first obstacles up and down Black Bear. After coming down Imogene, I was anxious to see what the 80 could do. Steve was gracious enough to take me up Poughkeepsie and over Corkscrew... Oh my... that was AWESOME! Learned so much... and, so much more to learn. Made it up Poughkeepsie without winching thanks to the GREAT spotting by Steve ... Brittany caught it on video... cant wait to see it. I'd like to see an 80 make it up the left most obstacle... Not sure of the names... I went up the right obstacle (the one Steve is pictured going up in the Poughkeepsie album). Really enjoyed some of the other rock challenges on the way to the lake. Look forward to going back and doing it again and learning other lines!

Ouray 2013: Governor Basin/Yankee Boy:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/101196016@N04/sets/72157635353306117/

Ouray 2013: Black Bear/Imogene Pass
http://www.flickr.com/photos/101196016@N04/sets/72157635360791026/

Ouray 2013: Poughkeepsie/Corkscrew
http://www.flickr.com/photos/101196016@N04/sets/72157635360384336/

Thanks again everyone! Look forward to cruisin with you again and soon!

TheDoc
09-03-2013, 09:32 AM
Oops... Above links are fixed...

PabloCruise
09-14-2013, 11:57 AM
Really hope we can do this next year!

Looks like a blast, with lots of trail options for the :Princess: and child.

baja1d
09-14-2013, 09:05 PM
Looks like a blast, with lots of trail options for the :Princess: and child.

There sure is and lots of kids as well