PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Jenny Creek Workday - September 7th

rover67
07-19-2013, 01:01 PM
****Saturday September 7th will be the Jenny Creek Workday****

Meet in Rollinsville where the turn off is for Rollins Pass rd. near the Porta John at 9:00am to head up to Jenny Creek. CB channel 4 and HAM 146.460.

I'll be heading up Friday night to find a spot to camp somewhere along Rollins Pass (maybe near the start of Jenny Creek Trail at the bottom) road or near Yankee Doodle Lake. I'll have 146.460 on as long as we are up so feel free to come on up and camp with us. We'll probably be staying up there saturday night too.

Bring your work gloves, some boots, some trash bags, and some basic hand tools if you have them. We will be doing trash pickup along the trail as well as any post and cable repair or trail maintenance that needs to be done.

Let me know if you think you can make it.

See ya'll up there!

Uncle Ben
07-19-2013, 01:04 PM
I'm in...

subzali
07-19-2013, 01:26 PM
Awesome! Thank you guys!

Rzeppa
07-19-2013, 06:41 PM
Damn, I have our huge annual town festival that day here in Kittredge. This is the Cruise Moab of Kittredge and I have to be here. Otherwise I'd be all over this. :(

euroford
07-22-2013, 10:58 AM
in!

MountainGoat
07-22-2013, 12:02 PM
In! :thumb:

rover67
08-07-2013, 08:46 PM
I hear rumor we may be have more Trasharoo bags to auction/gift off at the cleanup run also.....

Anybody want to camp up there friday night? we can do a pot luck. Yummy food...

Uncle Ben
08-07-2013, 09:25 PM
I hear rumor we may be have more Trasharoo bags to auction/gift off at the cleanup run also.....

But of course!

subzali
08-08-2013, 08:40 AM

Good incentive to get those folks to come out who have never been on a cleanup run with Rising Sun before! :thumb:

rover67
08-08-2013, 10:32 AM
Got 'em thanks Matt & Wes!

FJBRADY
08-08-2013, 11:53 AM

I am trying to make this :)

Hudo4
08-21-2013, 04:49 PM
Hey Marco, I should be able to make this and camping friday sounds great.

euroford
08-21-2013, 05:42 PM
i'm bummed, but need to back out :( i'd been looking forward to this since i did it last year.

I've been putting it off for too long, and picked that day to give up my chewin tobaccy habit, so ya'll won't find me to be very good company that day. gunna stay home and change the clutch on my powerstroke instead.

Uncle Ben
09-02-2013, 09:45 PM
Not sure on the camping on Friday now But I'm still in for Sat!

rover67
09-03-2013, 10:47 AM
updated 1st post

Uncle Ben
09-03-2013, 05:42 PM
updated 1st post

Thank you Marco!

JadeRunner
09-04-2013, 03:39 PM
I can be up there Sat. until 2pm or so. We can try to figure out what to do for a club sponsored lunch at the meeting tonight. I would be willing to bring a taco bar again if we want.

rover67
09-04-2013, 03:45 PM
Cool, thanks Scott! Also, Linette (FS Rep who will be there) asked if there was a Rising Sun club thing we could put up in the Kiosk. Do we have any? If I had a file for something I could get it printed at Kinkos or something also.

If we have light turn out I was going to suggest BYO Lunch... Keep it simple.

Also, If you think you can make it, Please post up so I can get an accurate count!! thanks!!

Uncle Ben
09-04-2013, 03:53 PM
Not sure on the camping on Friday now But I'm still in for Sat!

Hmmmmm....I might be in for camping still as friday seems to be unsettled. :rolleyes: If so I'll post up and lead a JC night run for Friday. :thumb:

rover67
09-04-2013, 04:04 PM
Hmmmmm....I might be in for camping still as friday seems to be unsettled. :rolleyes: If so I'll post up and lead a JC night run for Friday. :thumb:

Ahh, I was thinking the same thing. :D

Kenon698
09-04-2013, 09:09 PM
I am in for Saturday and very possibly Friday night camping.

nakman
09-04-2013, 09:14 PM
In!

simps80
09-04-2013, 09:18 PM
I would love to be there...
will see how my back is..had the epidural today.
so I am a definite maybe.

Rzeppa
09-04-2013, 11:39 PM
I would love to be there if it weren't the same day as the Kittredge Canyonfest. I am as involved in Canyonfest for the Kittredge Civic Association as I am in Cruise Moab and the Rising Sun Rally. Pretty much an all-year planning process and an all-day event.

rover67
09-05-2013, 09:43 AM
Got the Adopt-a-road signs, thanks Everybody!

Also, Scott is bringing up a taco bar for lunch on Saturday, yippie!!

JadeRunner
09-05-2013, 03:31 PM
I will bring a Qdoba steak taco bar for 20 people. I will be coming up Sat. am. and will look to drop off the taco stuff at one of your camps. Last years setup you had in the screen tent sure was nice.

Will you have a stove I can use to heat up the meat again?

BritKLR
09-05-2013, 03:38 PM
Cool, thanks Scott! Also, Linette (FS Rep who will be there) asked if there was a Rising Sun club thing we could put up in the Kiosk. Do we have any? If I had a file for something I could get it printed at Kinkos or something also.

If we have light turn out I was going to suggest BYO Lunch... Keep it simple.

Also, If you think you can make it, Please post up so I can get an accurate count!! thanks!!

Marco-

I live up the road in Ned and would love to attend this, but I don't have my Membership paperwork in yet (waiting TLCA card), so is it possible to attend and help out?

Thanks.

Paul Carrill
Adventure Tool Company

Kenon698
09-05-2013, 03:43 PM
Of course. We would love to have you help out and look forward to meeting you.

Uncle Ben
09-05-2013, 04:04 PM
I will bring a Qdoba steak taco bar for 20 people. I will be coming up Sat. am. and will look to drop off the taco stuff at one of your camps. Last years setup you had in the screen tent sure was nice.

Will you have a stove I can use to heat up the meat again?

I will bring the screen enclosure again and I'm sure it wont be hard to round up some stoves. I do have a propane crock pot I could bring if you would like?

JadeRunner
09-05-2013, 04:52 PM
Thanks UB. The crock-pot will be a little slow and would cook the already cooked meat. So just a dual burner stove to heat the large pan of meat will work.

I will bring the screen enclosure again and I'm sure it wont be hard to round up some stoves. I do have a propane crock pot I could bring if you would like?

rover67
09-05-2013, 05:59 PM
Marco-

I live up the road in Ned and would love to attend this, but I don't have my Membership paperwork in yet (waiting TLCA card), so is it possible to attend and help out?

Thanks.

Paul Carrill
Adventure Tool Company

AS Ken said, we'd love to have you.

No need to be a member to go on any runs or participate in an event... in fact, it is a requirement that you attend an event BEFORE you can be eligible for membership. You have to make sure you even want to hang out with the bunch :D

So yeah come on out!

rover67
09-05-2013, 06:00 PM
Thanks UB. The crock-pot will be a little slow and would cook the already cooked meat. So just a dual burner stove to heat the large pan of meat will work.

I'll bring my dual burner coleman and I am sure as Kevin says there will be others so we should be set :)

rover67
09-05-2013, 11:47 PM
It looks like the FS is planning on having two trucks and four people up there. They are serious about repairing the buck and rail near the start of the trail and installing it near Jenny Lake so they want to make sure they have the resources. They have everything they need as far as equipment for that goes.

We will leave the trailhead in the morning and travel up Jenny Creek doing work along the way while the FS trucks head up to Yankee Doodle. The idea is that we meet at the top and finish the work in the afternoon.

If possible we should do lunch up near Yankee Doodle since the majority of the folks will be up there at that time. Does that work Scott? Lunch for 20ppl sounds like a good number.

BJTLC100
09-06-2013, 09:43 AM
Looks like I am able to join you guys tomorrow! Looking forward to a great day!

JadeRunner
09-06-2013, 10:26 AM
That's fine. I will keep the food in the back of my runner. I will just need the dual burner stove 30 minutes prior to lunch.

If possible we should do lunch up near Yankee Doodle since the majority of the folks will be up there at that time. Does that work Scott? Lunch for 20ppl sounds like a good number.

Get Outside
09-06-2013, 07:32 PM
I'm thinking of coming up in the morning but wanted to make sure if a stock 100 will be fine on this trail!
I think I heard during the meeting stock vehicles would do ok. Is that accurate?

Thanks

Rzeppa
09-07-2013, 12:24 AM
I'm thinking of coming up in the morning but wanted to make sure if a stock 100 will be fine on this trail!
I think I heard during the meeting stock vehicles would do ok. Is that accurate?

Thanks

Yes, I ran it in my 60 last year for this trail cleanup run and the only issue I had was driver error.

I am so bummed that I have conflicting commitments, I will be at the Kittredge Canyonfest (http://www.kittredgecivic.org/) all day tomorrow running sound for the bands and doing the volunteer thing for my community Civic Association (http://www.kittredgecivic.org/), otherwise I would be there for this event.

BJTLC100
09-07-2013, 06:54 PM
What an awesome day today guys...and lady Forest Rangers! We got a ton of work done, and thanks Marco for your organization and helping me air back up. Yes, the ride down this afternoon was a little "stiffer" than the ride up this morning! The Q-Doba buffet as great Scott...thanks for bringing that up as well. Can't wait to see some photos!

60wag
09-07-2013, 09:11 PM
I had a great day. One of the tasks that I really like is creating the buck & rail fences. When you have a group of people that want to create something, its amazing how fast and smoothly you can make it happen. Rising Sun rocks!

If you've never been up Jenny Creek and the Rollins Pass area, you really should go.

BritKLR
09-08-2013, 08:54 AM
I really enjoyed helping out yesterday. I learned a great deal about what it takes to help keep the forest, campsites and trails cleared and opened. RS should be proud of the work that you do and the partnership you have with the Forest Service.

Thanks for treating me like one of the team and I look forward to RS membership and future events.

Paul

BritKLR
09-08-2013, 08:55 AM
Hard at work on a Buck and Rail fence!