PDA

View Full Version : Guy needs help

Hulk
08-21-2006, 12:20 PM
From: Hansen, Paul [mailto:Paul.Hansen@FTIConsulting.com]
Sent: Monday, August 21, 2006 9:38 AM
To: commander@risingsun4x4club.org
Subject: Recommendation

I have a 4-wheel full size pick-up that is stuck off the road on a jeep trail too small for a full size tow truck. I am looking for any suggestion that you have for someone for hire with a winch and a small vehicle that specializes in vehicle mountain rescue. The truck is about 30 miles out of Sedalia, in the Rampart Ridge Road area. Thanks for your help.

Paul Hansen

Red_Chili
08-21-2006, 02:06 PM
I'm trying to picture where, near Rampart Range Road, a jeep trail is that is too small for a full size towtruck. Hmmm... going where he ought not? All I know of is some of the best ATV/Motorcycle trail networking in the nation.

Uncle Ben
08-21-2006, 02:42 PM
From: Hansen, Paul [mailto:Paul.Hansen@FTIConsulting.com]
Sent: Monday, August 21, 2006 9:38 AM
To: commander@risingsun4x4club.org
Subject: Recommendation

I have a 4-wheel full size pick-up that is stuck off the road on a jeep trail too small for a full size tow truck. I am looking for any suggestion that you have for someone for hire with a winch and a small vehicle that specializes in vehicle mountain rescue. The truck is about 30 miles out of Sedalia, in the Rampart Ridge Road area. Thanks for your help.

Paul Hansen

Matt, send it to our brothers at CLC. I have no doubt someone is dying for a reason to go home sick from work!

Hulk
08-21-2006, 03:11 PM
I e-mailed Paul a link to them. Thanks, UB.

Red_Chili
08-21-2006, 03:14 PM
Don't mean to cast aspersions on a brother... I just can't imagine where he might be...

Hulk
08-21-2006, 05:21 PM
Mmmm. Guy e-mailed me for help, I passed it along. I hope he is stuck in a rut on the trail, or worst case, just to the side of the trail.

Hulk
08-30-2006, 12:47 AM
Update:

Thanks for the help. We went with Westside Towing out of Castle Rock (303) 688-5244. They have a one-ton Ford with a double winch on the back that they say can get anywhere a full sized pickup can. We had to widen the road a bit with shovels but we were able to get the tow truck within 30 yards of my son’s pickup (the tow truck had to be backed up the jeep tail, a real pain). With a combination of the two winches, a number of chains, pulleys, two big trees and patience, they were able to move the pickup sideways 2-3 feet, back partially on the trail, enough to back out under its own power with additional assistance from one of the winches. It was a four hour process but successful with minimal damage to the pickup. I highly recommend this company for this type of work.

Again, thanks for your help.
Paul