PDA

View Full Version : Want to borrow: 80 front DC shaft

docmallory
07-29-2013, 01:00 AM
I've been battling a driveline vibe for quite a while and it has me pulling out what little hair I have left. Most indicators are pointing toward the front driveshaft as the source of the vibe, and swapping to a different stock shaft made no difference. (There's been a lot of other trouble-shooting done, but that's beyond the scope of this particular thread. See HERE (http://forum.ih8mud.com/80-series-tech/731877-front-rumble-puzzler-not-ujoints-spindles-help.html)if interested in problem-solving.)

My driveline angles in the front seem to be just about right for a double cardan shaft, so I believe that's the next logical thing to try. However before I scrape together $500-600+ for a DC shaft, it sure would be nice if I could verify that it will solve my problem.

Anybody have one available I could try for 5 miles or less? I'm willing to compensate someone for their trouble. :help:

Brad

Hulk
07-30-2013, 12:47 AM
Do you have a Center Diff-Lock switch. If so, simply remove the front driveshaft and see if its absence fixes the problem.