PDA

View Full Version : CruiserFest 2013 - Anyone coming out?

cruiseroutfit
08-04-2013, 09:01 AM
Anyone planning to attend CruiserFest next month? Full details are here:
http://cruiserfest.com/

This year will feature two different convoys traveling off-road to the event, one from the south (Moab) and one from the north (Idaho). We had a great group of Rising Sun members on last years run coming from Moab. Anyone planning to make it out this year? Coming on one of the overnight runs?

nattybumppo
08-04-2013, 03:41 PM
Man, I wish! Work gets in the way far too often. Maybe I should retire...but then I wouldn't have the funds to do my cruiser projects. Have a great event, Kurt!

nuclearlemon
08-04-2013, 06:52 PM
seriously thinking about it. their fees per rig are outrageous tho and on top the the fortune for fuel (and the fact that we'd be bringing two rigs) and money's already tight right now as i have car ins due, four birthdays and christmas to deal with.

we really want to bring annie out tho

cruiseroutfit
08-04-2013, 08:38 PM
seriously thinking about it. their fees per rig are outrageous tho and on top the the fortune for fuel (and the fact that we'd be bringing two rigs) and money's already tight right now as i have car ins due, four birthdays and christmas to deal with.

we really want to bring annie out tho

Come on out here!

A fortune? For $105 a couple gets 4 meals, free camping (grass, showers, restrooms, etc), upto 4 days of guided trail rides and classes and dynamic events on the off-road course. Honestly it's a really fair deal imo. Make no mistake I think everyone wishes it was cheaper but this was never designed to be a money maker and the Miller group kicks in a tremendous chunk to make it happen.

nuclearlemon
08-04-2013, 08:46 PM
Come on out here!

A fortune? For $105 a couple gets 4 meals, free camping (grass, showers, restrooms, etc), upto 4 days of guided trail rides and classes and dynamic events on the off-road course. Honestly it's a really fair deal imo. Make no mistake I think everyone wishes it was cheaper but this was never designed to be a money maker and the Miller group kicks in a tremendous chunk to make it happen.

not if you're in two rigs, then it's $60 per rig and we can't do the wheeling before hand, we can only do fri evening to sun am. and then i have to figure about $400-500 per rig in fuel :(

i don't see where tshirts and a couple meals costs that much.

trust me, i want to be there to see the museum, which i'm sure is kick ass and to hang with everyone

bh4rnnr
08-05-2013, 07:36 AM
Would love to make it this year, just cant afford anymore vacation time. Will be sending some art your way...

cruiseroutfit
08-05-2013, 08:36 AM
...i don't see where tshirts and a couple meals costs that much...

Four catered meals, insurance, permits and staff costs. I get the absolute bargain isn't there if you don't run trails but compare it to any other LC event and scratch the trails and it is the best deal rolling. Neither here nor there, I didn't set the price tag and I don't see a dime for any of it either... I just enjoy seeing the event continue to grow.

Romer
08-05-2013, 10:45 AM
I have been really wanting to go. I will have to see how th schedule rolls out. So far this year work has gotten in the way of my fun time :D

Jenny Cruiser
08-05-2013, 05:00 PM
compare it to any other LC event and scratch the trails and it is the best deal rolling.

^ this. Hoping to get out there one of these days. Anything:moto: planned? I'm hoping to do a COBDR UTBDR loop too. :)

Inukshuk
08-06-2013, 03:28 AM
At the moment scheduling conflicts. Would love to and encourage anyone else to go. Its a blast and the events at the track are great.

cruiseroutfit
08-19-2013, 02:01 PM
I have been really wanting to go. I will have to see how th schedule rolls out. So far this year work has gotten in the way of my fun time :D

Make it happen, work will always be there when you get back. :D

^ this. Hoping to get out there one of these days. Anything:moto: planned? I'm hoping to do a COBDR UTBDR loop too. :)

I don't have any bike runs planned at the moment but no reason you couldn't haul your bike out and enjoy some fun rides to and from CruiserFest.

At the moment scheduling conflicts. Would love to and encourage anyone else to go. Its a blast and the events at the track are great.

Clear your calendar, we need you here... and drag Perry with you! :cool:

Romer
08-19-2013, 03:33 PM
Any info on the convoy from Moab? Whats it doing and when does it leave?

bh4rnnr
08-19-2013, 09:32 PM

Its a good time. So long as you don't have to hang with Daniel in the Little Sahara Dune field:eek::hill::bowdown::thumb::beer:.

Cruiser Expedition to Cruiserfest (http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?t=18108) run2012. Awesome to be there last year.

:beer::beer:

cruiseroutfit
08-20-2013, 09:45 AM

Plenty of info:
http://cruiserfest.com/schedule/cruiser-expedition-schedule
http://www.expeditionutah.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3412

Romer
08-21-2013, 01:18 PM
OK, I signed up. The FAQ for last year says no trailers. I see Cdan brought his Kimberley last year and wondered about mine.

60wag
08-21-2013, 01:56 PM
Maybe it's because of Dan that it's no trailers this year?

bh4rnnr
08-21-2013, 08:08 PM
OK, I signed up. The FAQ for last year says no trailers. I see Cdan brought his Kimberley last year and wondered about mine.

Maybe it's because of Dan that it's no trailers this year?

We didn't do Black Dragon last year do to time. Trailers are doable, just adds a bit more time, esp when coming in from the east.

Dave K did drag his trailer through Black Dragon during last years Outlaws. Granted, he wasn't on a set schedule Like the Cruiserfest run.

cruiseroutfit
08-21-2013, 09:53 PM

We do have a considerable amount of ground to cover each day and while I'm a big fan of trailers, I've also seen what they tend to do with the pace of a large group particularly through trails like Black Dragon Canyon which will be the toughest of the routes we are likely to encounter on this trip. I personally don't know that I would attempt to pull a larger trailer through BDC but ultimately that is up to you, there really isn't a feasible detour around the obstacles in the canyon.

That said, we can be flexible and if we need to skip BDC, no biggy... plenty of great things to see out there :D

Romer
08-21-2013, 10:08 PM
I will leave it at home and bring the ARB RTT or the Oztent

Old40Dog
08-21-2013, 10:30 PM
We didn't do Black Dragon last year do to time. Trailers are doable, just adds a bit more time, esp when coming in from the east.

Dave K did drag his trailer through Black Dragon during last years Outlaws. Granted, he wasn't on a set schedule Like the Cruiserfest run.

Wes and I were likely moving faster than the Cruiserfest group will move. You know what I mean if you've ever run with Wes on Triple Bypass! :D That man don't waste no time anywhere. Trailer tires were in the air in BDC as much as tires were on the ground. :eek:

I'd love to do this run, but with other work related trips and Outlaws Run, I just can't fit another trip in the mix this year. :(

jonharis
09-02-2013, 09:49 PM
See ya in Moab for the trek!

Romer
09-02-2013, 10:21 PM
Jonathan, you bringing your trailer? I was going to leave mine at home, but since ours are very similar .. . . . . .

MicahMan
09-03-2013, 11:58 PM
This is going to be epic

posted on the go