PDA

View Full Version : 100's in the Hills

nakman
08-05-2013, 10:14 AM
Had the pleasure of joining about 30 other front axle-challenged individuals at the annual 100's in the Hills event this past weekend in Ouray, accompanied by Hudo4 & my daughter Violet. ..was quite the display of aftermarket accessories and camping gear and yes, there was even a CV replacement at camp one night.

I forgot my camera... forgot my ipad too (so no GPS) also forgot my CB mic :o. Kinda rushed out the door on Thursday afternoon to arrive in Ouray around midnight. But we made it work... hoping it doesn't rain tonight so I can set the tent up in the driveway to let it air out, as it was definitely put away wet yesterday :D.

On Friday I led the traditional Black Bear/Imogene run, most the group did something else so we only had 4 trucks on BB, and 3 on Imogene.. left at 9, 45 minute lunch in Telluride, back by 3, man that's the way to do it. Black Bear seemed sketchier than I remember from a few years ago, and all the rain made for some really soft feeling shoulders. Pic below shows Brad's kids walking the waterfall ahead of him, followed by a few of the more typical poser shots.

Was nice to meet and get to know better some new local folks- in particular Dan, Andy, Josh... of course Barry, Christo, Stan & Brad, I have a feeling there may be more than a couple 100's in the parking lot this Wednesday. Thanks for the great weekend guys. :cheers:

OilHammer
08-05-2013, 11:02 AM
Yup, good trip. It's been a long long time since I've camped that wet. All these desert trips spoiled me! Ouray and Telluride are gorgeous. Tim, thanks for the advice on Owl creek, as that was a nice diversion on the way home.

nakman
08-05-2013, 11:06 AM
Actually thank Stan for that one.. but yes we did it as well. Ate lunch in a camp site at Silver Jack. Was nice to see a little less highway.. also I filled up in Ridgeway and am still on that tank, hit 300 miles this morning. For some reason my mpg improves with the RTT.

MTSN
08-05-2013, 04:05 PM
Really bummed I missed this trip. Had a big family trip in San Diego planned for the better part of a year I couldn't bail on. Looking forward to seeing more pictures!

nakman
08-06-2013, 09:52 AM
Cross-posting this one from the mud thread... the beer table at the potluck, and RS representing in the background! cool shot. :cool:

http://forum.ih8mud.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=789014&stc=1&d=1375728316

Caribou Sandstorm
08-06-2013, 10:33 AM
That looks like McCoin sitting and eating in the bottom left of the picture... Man that guy has the life!!

rover67
08-06-2013, 10:39 AM
That looks like fun. I need to get back into wheeling/camping and do less MTB.