PDA

View Full Version : Blow Off Work And Go Wheeling Run (BOWAGWR) - Aug 14th

Fishy
08-06-2013, 09:41 PM
13th Annual BOWAGWR!

Amazing! 13th Annual! This has become a favorite of Rising Sun for so long now. I am disappointed that Hulk cannot lead this year and am humbled to be leading this iconic run. There had been some discussion of a possible change to somewhere other than Slaughterhouse Gulch for this event. I really struggled with deciding what to do. In the end, there is no need to break tradition and I am just filling in for one year. This run has always been based around the summer solstice as well, but it's been a busy year for all of us. There is no way we can let this run miss a year.

Please come join Rising Sun for the 2013 Blow Off Work And Go Wheelin' Run. The idea is to leave work early and meet up with new and old friends alike for some easy/moderate trails and good company. Slaughterhouse Gulch is suitable for any stock Toyota 4x4. Dinner provided by Rising Sun 4x4 Club after the event.

BLOW OFF WORK AND GO WHEELIN' RUN (13th annual)
Date: Wednesday, Aug 14th 2013
Meeting time: 1:00 p.m. Depart @ 1:30 p.m.

Trail: Slaughterhouse Gulch. The trail is moderate. It's fine for stock Cruisers, 4Runners, FJ Cruisers, etc. There is a hill with some good optional whoop-de-woos if you're locked and lifted. It's near Bailey, off of 285.

Meeting place: King Soopers Shopping Center in Aspen Park (Conifer area) This is just off Hwy 285, a block east of where Coney Island was previously located.
KING SOOPERS
25637 CONIFER ROAD
CONIFER, CO 80433
Store Phone: 303-816-4960

Dinner: Tentatively planned for JJ Madwell's in Conifer.

Ham: 146.460
CB: Channel 4

Hulk
08-07-2013, 11:08 AM
So glad you're taking the lead on this, Stan! :bowdown:

Fishy
08-07-2013, 12:16 PM
So glad you're taking the lead on this, Stan! :bowdown:

Thanks for allowing me, Matt. I'm humbled by the history of this club and proud to be able to step up to continue traditions like this. Looking forward to having you back leading next year.

Obviously, I'm in. I'll have my twins (almost 5) with me this year. This will be their first run without Keagan and they are excited to be the ones coming along while their brother is in school. :Princess::Princess:

11thcavdrt
08-07-2013, 06:20 PM
Hi all. Sounds good to me, haven't done much wheeling due to son medical issues in
Kansas this summer, plus I've been on this run. Had posted up to go to Ouary at end of
Month, but will be heading back to Kansas for some more follow up work with my son,so
Labor run is out for me. Se u on the 14th

Fishy
08-08-2013, 11:12 PM
If I have to do this run with just me and my twins to keep the tradition alive.... I'll do it. C'mon....

I know Big Country will be in. And, for all the times I've run Slaughterhouse, Mountain Goat has been with me every time. I'm counting him in no matter what.

baja1d
08-08-2013, 11:21 PM
Good chance I'll be there

MountainGoat
08-08-2013, 11:24 PM
If I have to do this run with just me and my twins to keep the tradition alive.... I'll do it. C'mon....

I know Big Country will be in. And, for all the times I've run Slaughterhouse, Mountain Goat has been with me every time. I'm counting him in no matter what.

Jeez dude, nothing like a little pressure! I guess if you're gonna call me out, I have no choice. I need to get the 40 out anyway. :zilla:

See you Wednesday! :thumb:

Fishy
08-08-2013, 11:28 PM
Now we're getting somewhere. Hulk will be proud!

Fishy
08-11-2013, 09:59 AM
I'm hoping for a better turn out than this.....

Is it the location?
Is it that we're doing it so late this year?
Is it me? (Hulk and I can trade vehicles for the day if that helps)

Jacket
08-11-2013, 10:12 AM
I've been to a bunch of these runs, but my folks are arriving on Wednesday so I can't blow them off too.

nattybumppo
08-11-2013, 02:32 PM
I have a long-ago planned rafting trip this week. Sorry I won't be able to make it.

smslavin
08-12-2013, 01:18 PM
Arg. I have too many extracurricular activities and not enough time. Come on PowerBall.

I'm either going to join this or take the big bike to Keystone.

Hmm. Wait. If I can talk the :Princess:'s into it, maybe I can do both... :hill:

Fishy
08-13-2013, 10:14 AM
Only Dan and I confirmed?

I'm not opposed to pushing this back another week if that makes a difference. We'll be there. Dan, MtnAddict and i can still meet up at the same spot/time and run something else.

Thoughts?

mikeyhcrana
08-13-2013, 12:01 PM
Only Dan and I confirmed?

I'm not opposed to pushing this back another week if that makes a difference. Dan and i can still meet up at the same spot/time and run something else.

Thoughts?

Is it open to all? I was planning on going just didn't want to commit. I hope it doesn't get postponed, when will you decide?

Fishy
08-13-2013, 12:03 PM
Always open to all. Having a Toyota 4x4 is always a plus, but you don't have to be a Rising Sun member to tag along.

Fishy
08-13-2013, 02:09 PM
Is it open to all? I was planning on going just didn't want to commit. I hope it doesn't get postponed, when will you decide?

We will be there regardless. 1:00 at King Soopers in Conifer, 1:30 roll out time. Only 3 confirmed, but we'll run it anyway. Cheap dinner for Rising Sun.

Fishy + twins
Mountain Goat
MtnAddict (02Beast)

MountainGoat
08-13-2013, 03:03 PM

Come on along man. We are gonna need some help eating all that pizza after the run. :D

mikeyhcrana
08-13-2013, 03:13 PM
Come on along man. We are gonna need some help eating all that pizza after the run. :D

I'm really going to try. I got reluctant approval from work, and enthusiastic approval from the real boss. We just have our old 4Runner but, I got a 9 & 10 year old that can eat a house. Hope to meet you guys tomorow!

bomber22
08-13-2013, 03:31 PM
iam usually off on wednesdays but picked up a shift for a fellow worker that has cancer, other wise i would be part of this, have fun.

LARGEONE
08-13-2013, 04:00 PM
My afternoon is clearing tomorrow and there is a good chance I will be able to make this. Need to clear a late arrival back home with my wife, but I'm hoping to be there.

LARGEONE
08-13-2013, 10:13 PM
Sorry...spoke to soon! Not sure why I even get hopeful any more...wife already had plans that cannot be broken. Have fun y'all.

FJCDan
08-14-2013, 08:51 AM
I would really like to make this run today, But my job today is someone in the club. So me and Dave Kaiser will not be there today. Have fun

mikeyhcrana
08-14-2013, 09:06 AM
I'm blowing off work to go wheeling! We have no Cb yet so if you see a tan/white 4runner lost at king snoopers, that's us. I'm bringing a pair of 2way radios so please bring em if you got em(sorry, no CB). Anyone willing to use it could take 1 of my radios. ...can't wait!

baja1d
08-14-2013, 09:40 AM
I'm blowing off work to go wheeling! We have no Cb yet so if you see a tan/white 4runner lost at king snoopers, that's us. I'm bringing a pair of 2way radios so please bring em if you got em(sorry, no CB). Anyone willing to use it could take 1 of my radios. ...can't wait!

I don't have a cb either in the 40; you'll be fine without it.

Fishy
08-14-2013, 10:13 AM
Since we are such a small group today, we could always change the plan in the parking lot. Red Cone, Twin Cone.... something like that. All close....as long as everyone is set up for running those trails. Otherwise, we'll stick with Slaughterhouse.

MountainGoat
08-14-2013, 10:54 AM
I am flexible and will bring a truck that can run any of those trails. :D

Fishy
08-14-2013, 11:16 AM
I have fielded a bunch of PM's and texts this morning about running Red Cone instead of SHG. It seems like that's what everyone wants to do.

Here's my plan....

We will meet at the same location/same time. If EVERYONE is willing/able/capable of safely running Red Cone, than I am up for that. We will make a group decision at the meetup. If our group is split, than I will stay behind and run the original plan of Slaughterhouse with whoever wants to do that and the others can run Red Cone. I don't want anyone feeling left out and I'm happy to run SH as that was the plan.

Red Cone is probably questionable this time of year in a stock vehicle. Some sections will be rutted and deep enough to cause damage without at least sliders.

Sliders and 33s are plenty. We'll stack rocks in the one or two places that might need it if anyone is uncomfortable. Otherwise, the trail is very doable.

Fishy
08-14-2013, 01:17 PM
And...... We're off. The 13th Annual BOWAGWR has begun!

Lars
08-14-2013, 02:08 PM
Have fun....be safe.

AimCOTaco
08-15-2013, 05:32 PM
And...... We're off. The 13th Annual BOWAGWR has begun!

So Stan if I join the club I get to skip work once in awhile?! Sweet!

Fishy
08-15-2013, 06:02 PM
Andy, we'd love to have you!

Plus we Wendesday Wheel all the time. You can skip work a few times a year!
Wish you could have made it out with us yesterday. We had a blast.

AimCOTaco
08-15-2013, 06:15 PM
You'll be stuck with me soon enough. I'm going to try and hit the rally and the next meeting, TLCA membership is in the mail... lookout!

Fishy
08-16-2013, 11:54 PM
You'll be stuck with me soon enough. I'm going to try and hit the rally and the next meeting, TLCA membership is in the mail... lookout!

Great news! We're happy to have you on both fronts!