PDA

View Full Version : 1962 FJ40 for sale-Casper, WY

corleykj
08-13-2013, 07:12 PM
Rookie poster, long time reader.

My 1962 FJ40 is for sale. Asking $4,500. I was not planning on selling, but I came across another 4x4 project which means I have to sell my 1962. It has a clear Wyoming title. It has toyota drivetrain (engine is from a 1972 fj40 I believe). If I can talk the new project car down in price, then the price of this will also go down.
New in the last 6 months: a new rear sill, new rear frame member with 2" receiver hitch, all new fluids, new clutch slave and master cylinder, new front seat belts, new plugs, new wires, new air filter.

I am going to be honest, because if you look or make an offer, I want you to know the truth. It is 50 years old...so here we go...
It has a rust in the inside rear wheel wells. The drivers side floor board has a little rust (holes). The paint is a single stage ppg in what I wanted to be a steel blue, but it turned out lighter. Hard top is in great shape, but the fiberglass cap could use one weld repaired (if I remember correctly) and some paint, but remember it is still 50 years old. It will need new seals in doors and hard top as they were removed for paint. The tires need replaced, I just haven't spent the money until I decided exactly what I wanted for suspension. It shifts smooth in all gears (3 speed on the floor), but second is a little weird every once in a while. IT NEEDS WIRING HELP! The headlights, bib lights, and rear brake lights work GREAT. The left rear turn signal doesn't work, I think it needs a new relay. The alternator is not charging battery, and the wiper wires are cut. As for mechanical issues: I trust it like crazy, but it hesitates when the engine is cold and I stomp on the gas (maybe fuel starved? not really sure). Seems to be better after it warms up. There is a thermostat gasket leak. There is an exhaust leak I assume (should be quieter. Rebuilt rochester 2 bbl carb.

I have been driving the heck out of this thing. My wife and son and I have been driving it a lot! We don't do highway with it.

Located in Casper, WY and I don't have a truck to haul it to Northern Colorado.

Please call me if you are interested, 307-399-5289 or email me @ corleykj@gmail.com

corleykj
08-13-2013, 07:14 PM
Here are a few more pics.
Thanks again for looking.

corleykj
08-13-2013, 07:18 PM
There are also rusty bolts broken on various things. I meant to mention that negative as well.
Thanks again for looking.

corleykj
08-14-2013, 07:42 AM
Price drop, I think I can get my next project for less. So my price is dropping $3,900 now.

Rzeppa
08-14-2013, 09:22 PM
Looks pretty decent for a 1962. If you had some shots under the hood and from underneath that might help folks get a better idea of what is there and what kind of shape it is in.

corleykj
08-14-2013, 09:44 PM
Thanks for the suggestion. I have this from under the hood and will try and take more tomorrow.

This is from my phone so if it doesn't load I will try later from my computer. Thanks.

corleykj
08-14-2013, 09:46 PM
Not sure how to attach more than one from my phone. Sorry.

corleykj
08-14-2013, 09:48 PM
Engine bay.

wesintl
08-15-2013, 03:24 PM
does it have a stamped bezel?

corleykj
08-15-2013, 03:27 PM
I wish it had a stamped bezel! Sorry, it does not.