PDA

View Full Version : MSV, Coney Flats, or whatever, Tomorrow (9/1)

mikeyhcrana
08-31-2013, 08:25 PM
Going out to run Middle St. Vrain, & Coney Flats, maybe also hike to go see the plane crash tomorrow. We would love company. Or, if someone else had plans for a nearby trail tomorrow, we would love to tag-a-long. We should be out in the afternoon, CB channel 4.

Edit: Going to be at Camp Dick 11:45, rolling out at 12:15.

FlyGoat
08-31-2013, 08:51 PM
Hey, I am new here...

I was actually thinking about going up there myself to do a little fishing...That is if my shoulder feels better tomorrow

If you don't mind me tagging along, let me know which way you are going to run the trails and when you think you will be at the trailhead. My CB is not working at the moment, so will not be able to hook up that way.

Rick

Shotshell
08-31-2013, 09:43 PM
Where is Coney Flats at?

mikeyhcrana
08-31-2013, 09:48 PM
Where is Coney Flats at?

http://www.traildamage.com/trails/index.php?id=15
http://www.traildamage.com/trails/index.php?id=18

It's in Boulder county.

FlyGoat
08-31-2013, 09:52 PM
Not far from Ned.

http://www.traildamage.com/trails/index.php?id=15

FlyGoat
08-31-2013, 09:52 PM
:)

mikeyhcrana
08-31-2013, 09:57 PM
Hey, I am new here...

I was actually thinking about going up there myself to do a little fishing...That is if my shoulder feels better tomorrow

If you don't mind me tagging along, let me know which way you are going to run the trails and when you think you will be at the trailhead. My CB is not working at the moment, so will not be able to hook up that way.

Rick

Yeah, I'm new too. I don't have a time set but its important to me not to go alone so let me know what's best.

http://www.traildamage.com/trails/index.php?id=174

FlyGoat
08-31-2013, 10:25 PM
I've only done this loop once and it was in my stock 4Runner...so it took awhile. I'm not sure how long it was though, so I would prob want to try to get out there by noon just in case. Plus I plan to stop at the "lake" crossing to fish for a while...Don't want to inconvenience you though, so you could always go on ahead.

Meet at Camp Dick 11:45-noonish? I'm good with earlier as well.

There is a chance I will have to pull my chute tomorrow morning though-I did something to my shoulder today and don't know what it will feel like 2morrow. Wish the 40 had power steering:D

baja1d
08-31-2013, 10:51 PM
Can't be this bad: http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?t=18879

FlyGoat
08-31-2013, 11:19 PM
Yea, that looks hairy

mikeyhcrana
09-01-2013, 06:25 AM
I've only done this loop once and it was in my stock 4Runner...so it took awhile. I'm not sure how long it was though, so I would prob want to try to get out there by noon just in case. Plus I plan to stop at the "lake" crossing to fish for a while...Don't want to inconvenience you though, so you could always go on ahead.

Meet at Camp Dick 11:45-noonish? I'm good with earlier as well.

There is a chance I will have to pull my chute tomorrow morning though-I did something to my shoulder today and don't know what it will feel like 2morrow. Wish the 40 had power steering:D

This will be our first time on MSV and Coney Flats so not sure what to expect although, hopefully less trouble then you guys had last December. Bush ducks says you can't get through either, so we may want to be prepared to go out and back, rather then loop.

From Bushducks:
COMMENTS:
6/29/13 - The Trailridge Runners 4WD Club reviewed and then opened the Coney Flats 4WD road on June 29th. Trees have been removed.

6/16/13 - Gate is still closed at the Beaver Reservoir entrance. Trail has four downed trees across it between the gate and the lake. There isn't any snow that would effect travel once the gate is open.

Has any RS run these trails more recently? Anyway, Camp Dick at 11:45 to air down and roll out by 12:15, or when everybody is ready?

FlyGoat
09-01-2013, 09:27 AM
see you then

I'll be in the green 40

mikeyhcrana
09-01-2013, 11:20 AM
see you then

I'll be in the green 40

On my way but late. Sorry, working with women here or I'd be on time.:o

mikeyhcrana
09-01-2013, 11:43 AM
Actually really late now. Sorry I have a bad houseguest situation. The houseguest is too good to hang out with us apparently however would like us to leave her alone at our house all day waiting for her looser boyfriend that I don't know to pick her up at my house while I'm not here. The same boyfriend who wouldn't pick her up at the train station Friday night. She asked for a ride from the Amtrak station and now that has somehow turned into an indefinite unannounced houseguest! I apologize for both my tardiness and my venting. I am planning on leaving late still, if I can find somewhere to dump a freeloader soon.

mikeyhcrana
09-01-2013, 12:07 PM
Leaving Westy now, will be on CB 4. Hope to see somebody. I will post a report this evening unless something goes wrong.

Rzeppa
09-01-2013, 10:32 PM
Dang, just saw this. Would have loved to have gone! I'll go check the trip report section to see how this went. Give us some more notice Mike, I would have loved to have gone with you guys!