PDA

View Full Version : Where do you like to ski?

Uncle Ben
09-20-2005, 08:52 AM
Perry's post got me going. Just thought a poll would be fun to see the stats!

Dream on! :)

Uncle Ben
09-20-2005, 09:01 AM
Sorry I left out the option "other" for you Eldora, Telluride, Sunspot, WolfCreek, etc. fans. My bad! :rolleyes:

IanB
09-20-2005, 09:08 AM
Eldora! :D

Uncle Ben
09-20-2005, 09:10 AM
Eldora! :D
Figures :rolleyes:

Seldom Seen
09-20-2005, 11:32 AM
Tele is the closest but half a binding = half a brain

Randonnee Baby!!

subzali
09-20-2005, 11:37 AM
Know what randonnee means? Can't telemark! :D

Kipper
09-20-2005, 12:43 PM
I love Beaver Creek! I've skiied skistoned too many times, I used to hate Breck, but now that I've learned my way around I really like it. I bought a 4 pack to Copper this year, but I've never been, so we'll see how that goes.

wesintl
09-20-2005, 01:21 PM
My favorites are Monarch for the POW and CB for steeps.

Basin Pali lift is good if there is snow. The rest of summit blows, They just never get enough snow. Vail gets 12+ and summit gets 3" :confused:
Vail blows too unless there is 12"+, BC at least has some pitch and less gappers

MJ for bumps
Wolf Creek is fun but I've come to the conclusion you can get the same or better at monarch usually for less of a drive. Steep then a long flat runouts.

Ajax has too many gullies that funnel everyone into. Highlands I like, Slowmass too if you know where to go ;)

I like Steamboat, good pow and a variety of terrain

I need to get down to silverton. Why I didn't last year i can only kick my self in the arse!

I tele occasionally if I'm not on the big boards

powderpig
09-20-2005, 01:43 PM
Favorite all time skiing is Valdez Alaska (heli), Next is the Talkenata mountains jsut north and east of anchorage Year round powder on the glaciers and under 8-9k feet(mostly 5-6k foot) work for your turns.

Wolf creek on a powder day is killer, Vail on a big day is way too much fun, expeciall the back bowl faces.

I tele and have been for many a year, never really got a hang of the heal lock down thing.

Any place on a powder day is killer. Spring time snow is great, some groomers are alot of fun when the run is not crowded.

Will have to try monarch some time soon, as well as some other smaller places.

subzali
09-20-2005, 01:48 PM
Copper has always treated us good with the bowls. Pretty fun steeps and in some places it takes a while after a storm for the pow to disappear. Monarch is a lot of fun, they have a good variety of terrain for being as small as they are. Loveland is close and has a good variety of runs for learning how to tele ;) .

Bobzooki
09-20-2005, 02:19 PM
Steamboat is OK, and Copper - heck, just give me some snow, and I'm good to go.

nakman
09-20-2005, 05:02 PM
Berthoud pass. Gotta earn your turns.. :)

farnhamstj
09-20-2005, 06:16 PM
I ski a couple times a year. I've lived in Vail for 9 years now. Got to give it to the big 800 lb gorilla. They don't get rated #1 year after year for no reason. Sure they got #2 this year, but they'll be back. Let me know if you want me to show you around the big mountain. :D

bh4rnnr
09-20-2005, 06:34 PM
I ski a couple times a year. I've lived in Vail for 9 years now. Got to give it to the big 800 lb gorilla. They don't get rated #1 year after year for no reason. Sure they got #2 this year, but they'll be back. Let me know if you want me to show you around the big mountain. :D

I'll second that :D

wesintl
09-20-2005, 11:12 PM
Show me the steeps at vail more than 2 turns ;)

Bueller?

Bueller?

Reason it's #1 or 2 is it's built for the masses. Kinda like a jeep.... :eek:

I hope you move there perry that way I have a place to crash on 20+ days :D

2badfjs
09-21-2005, 04:17 PM
berthoud pass!
the river shoot on a snowboard is the best
hike up anywhere in that area i think there is none better.
berthoud is old school and by far the best riding in colorado
natural vert and great tree bashing!!! :D

as far as the big name areas....snowmass, hands down
it's a huge area that would take you a week to ride the whole mountian