PDA

View Full Version : ARB Sahara Bumper- Hoop or no Hoop??

CardinalFJ60
09-12-2013, 05:50 PM
What say ye...looking for opinions. Currently no hoop installed on the LX that got delivered today. WAHHOO!!. kinda thinking about it for nominal protection unless it's more like a DM (damage multiplier) - it's not like my ARB on the 60 and seems like the hoop could be a bit flimsy compared the combo bar.

Romer
09-12-2013, 06:14 PM
The ARB sahra looks nice, I would get the hoop for added protection

I went with the full standard ARB as I know and have seen that one prevent damage.

Sitting at an intersection two cars collided in front of me and one bounced off the ARB upper hoop on the outside, no damage to my vehicle. Without the hoop it likely would have hit the fender

I know people who have hit a deer and a horse on the highway with no damage because of the hoops

Jacket
09-12-2013, 06:48 PM
I was never a fan of the chrome.

CardinalFJ60
09-12-2013, 08:39 PM
I was never a fan of the chrome.

that's my feeling. but prolly better than nothing.:o

nakman
09-12-2013, 09:29 PM
Hoop it up! sell the Sahara for normal ARB, TJM, Iron Man... or if you want to actually wheel, Blueberry. :)

Caribou Sandstorm
09-12-2013, 11:02 PM
I really like the look of the Sahara but not a lot of protection in that bumper.

Plus if you ever want to add the wires for tree branch protection, you get into all kinds of issues. I know not exactly what we have to worry about around here. Paul May has a thread in expo portal on this.