PDA

View Full Version : Cruise Moab 2014 - April 29-May 3

Old40Dog
09-17-2013, 05:28 PM
The dates for Cruise Moab 2014 have just been confirmed by the BLM.

Tuesday, April 29 - Saturday, May 3, 2014.

Hope to see you Cruisin'n Moab'n 2014! :cool:

Cruise Moab 2014 registration is now officially open.

Website with all the event details:
http://cruisemoab.com

Direct link to registration:
http://cruisemoab.com/register2014.aspx

We hope to see you at the event!

cbmontgo
09-17-2013, 10:16 PM
The dates for Cruise Moab 2014 have just been confirmed by the BLM.

Tuesday, April 29 - Saturday, May 3, 2014.

Hope to see you Cruisin'n Moab'n 2014! :cool:

Noted. Thanks!

imhighlander
10-18-2013, 10:05 PM
In!

Bruiser
10-24-2013, 07:27 AM
185 days to get the rigs in shape! This will be my first year, exciting.

Rzeppa
10-27-2013, 10:56 PM
Wow, this will be my 15th year. Amazing how time flies!

Hulk
10-28-2013, 12:41 PM
This will be #12 for me. It would be #14, but I missed 2002 and 2012.

cruiseroutfit
10-28-2013, 09:19 PM
In... haven't missed once since 2001?

Fishy
10-28-2013, 11:00 PM
Just secured the time off work!

Rzeppa
10-28-2013, 11:22 PM
In... haven't missed once since 2001?

Hey Kurt, I need to talk to you on the phone about CM2014. You gonna be in the shop tomorrow?

cruiseroutfit
10-28-2013, 11:42 PM
Hey Kurt, I need to talk to you on the phone about CM2014. You gonna be in the shop tomorrow?

Off/on, gimme a shout.

Cheeseman
10-29-2013, 11:12 PM
I've been to all of them. How many is that now? And I have the t-shirt too.

Rock Dog
11-02-2013, 02:01 AM
I've been to all of them. How many is that now? And I have the t-shirt too.

only missed the very first year, and the last day of last year (spent having my appendix out)... :D

kc0sm
11-11-2013, 07:55 PM
My first, :D more work to do on the FJC.

Rzeppa
11-11-2013, 08:09 PM
My first, :D more work to do on the FJC.

I have seen plenty of bone-stock FJCs do just fine at Moab. I drove FJC Trail Team stockers out there when the Trail Teams were first created, and a stock Toyota 4x4 is pretty darn capable, from Tacos to Runners to FJCs.

Of course if you drive a Land Cruiser, everyone knows the only ones that are capable are UZJ100s, even more so than the HDJ105s or HZJ75s. :bolt:

baja1d
11-21-2013, 08:16 PM
We just booked a condo 4/27-5/4 so that I can get both the 40 & 80 there. The plan is to leave 4/24 for Moab, drop the 40, and spend two nights camping/ exploring the desert. We'll most likely hotel it that first night since traveling w/ 2 little one is an all day event. Anyone else headed up early and want to join us?

Old40Dog
12-18-2013, 02:00 PM
We just booked a condo 4/27-5/4 so that I can get both the 40 & 80 there. The plan is to leave 4/24 for Moab, drop the 40, and spend two nights camping/ exploring the desert. We'll most likely hotel it that first night since traveling w/ 2 little one is an all day event. Anyone else headed up early and want to join us?

My daughter, Rachel, & I will likely head out on the 25th or the 26th. That :camping: Kokopelli :campfire:idea of yours sure sounds interesting.

baja1d
12-18-2013, 10:10 PM
Outstanding

girlsfj40
12-19-2013, 12:19 PM
Hoping to be driving again this year. The 40 is having major surgery so hopefully we will be up and running in time! AND DON'T HATE ON ME... but I am trying to convince one of my girlfriends to come to our event in her new set up JK! I like the people way better then Easter Jeep and think it is way more fun with our crew!

AwlTEQ
01-04-2014, 09:38 PM
Time booked off. Upgrades and mods have commenced. Hoping to get on the Kokopelli run.

MisledYouth
01-04-2014, 11:07 PM
I want to make my first Cruise Moab, but I can't commit just yet :(... Had a 40 since 2003 and still haven't been in the country for a Cruise Moab. I'm finally home and still may not be able to. Someday.

Rzeppa
01-06-2014, 11:12 AM
Hoping to be driving again this year. The 40 is having major surgery so hopefully we will be up and running in time! AND DON'T HATE ON ME... but I am trying to convince one of my girlfriends to come to our event in her new set up JK! I like the people way better then Easter Jeep and think it is way more fun with our crew!

What's going on with your 40 Kim?

jbstrd
01-06-2014, 06:06 PM
Any word on an exact registration date?

Rzeppa
01-06-2014, 08:33 PM
Any word on an exact registration date?

In a word, no.

To elaborate, we have identified close to 30 updates that must be performed on the cruisemoab.com web site before it can be open for registration. Some of those are visible page html stuff and some are back office items to the database and database code. We have two guys working on it, one on the former and the other on the latter.

When the changes are implemented, we will test them and after a reasonable amount of quality assurance we will open to the public and announce that on all the major sites, including here. We try really hard to get it done by around the middle of January. I don't know if we are going to be ready on a particular date, but it is way more important to get it right than to rush to an artificial deadline and have bugs and mistakes.

jbstrd
01-08-2014, 01:41 AM
In a word, no.

To elaborate, we have identified close to 30 updates that must be performed on the cruisemoab.com web site before it can be open for registration. Some of those are visible page html stuff and some are back office items to the database and database code. We have two guys working on it, one on the former and the other on the latter.

When the changes are implemented, we will test them and after a reasonable amount of quality assurance we will open to the public and announce that on all the major sites, including here. We try really hard to get it done by around the middle of January. I don't know if we are going to be ready on a particular date, but it is way more important to get it right than to rush to an artificial deadline and have bugs and mistakes.

Thank you very much for the update. The only reason I am asking is because I am leaving in the morning on vacation. I won't be back home until the 17th, so I was wondering if I will have to register while on vacation. I should have internet access everywhere I go so I will just keep checking.

Thanks again, Jason

Rzeppa
01-09-2014, 03:32 PM
Don't forget the sub-forum about trail leaders. I just started a thread there for 2014:

http://risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?t=20713

bh4rnnr
01-10-2014, 07:41 AM
Don't know if I'll be able to afford registration this year but planning on helping out where needed. Raffle, gunning etc...Looking forward to getting out there:).

Rzeppa
01-17-2014, 11:22 PM
Just a reminder, EVERYONE who is going to run trails MUST register, regardless of whether they are leading, gunning, affiliated with Rising Sun or not.

Rzeppa
01-17-2014, 11:34 PM
One more thing - registration is NOT open to the general public until it is announced publicly. We are still testing and we had two guys who tried to register yesterday. The site actually took their money. We will refund it of course, but they either used the same URL we have used every year or done some kind of search to find it. Bottom line is, it isn't open to public registration until officially announced here, on Mud etc. Anyone who butts in front of the line will be kicked to the back.

Before someone asks, I will answer: We do allow trail leaders and gunners early access to registration, typically for a couple days before we announce registration is open to the public. This is so that Joe Cruiserhead that thinks he is going to get onto a trail that said it still had one spot left doesn't get bumped because the trail leader wasn't in the database first.

We don't expect this to be a widespread problem but we try to anticipate and prevent problems before they arise. We aim to make it a great experience, from registration, to trail runs, socializing, the dinner and raffle, and make great memories you take home with you and remember for years to come.

MDH33
01-18-2014, 12:44 PM
One more thing - registration is NOT open to the general public until it is announced publicly. We are still testing and we had two guys who tried to register yesterday. The site actually took their money. We will refund it of course, but they either used the same URL we have used every year or done some kind of search to find it. Bottom line is, it isn't open to public registration until officially announced here, on Mud etc. Anyone who butts in front of the line will be kicked to the back.

Before someone asks, I will answer: We do allow trail leaders and gunners early access to registration, typically for a couple days before we announce registration is open to the public. This is so that Joe Cruiserhead that thinks he is going to get onto a trail that said it still had one spot left doesn't get bumped because the trail leader wasn't in the database first.

We don't expect this to be a widespread problem but we try to anticipate and prevent problems before they arise. We aim to make it a great experience, from registration, to trail runs, socializing, the dinner and raffle, and make great memories you take home with you and remember for years to come.

I don't think folks are trying to butt in line Jeff. Looks like a simple google search for cruise Moab registration will take you directly to the sign up pages.

cajunrock
01-18-2014, 03:24 PM
Putting my name on the volunteer list again. Ready to be abused again this year!:) Travis, I'll call you to set up travel dates. I want to bring out the two :Princess:"s and let them enjoy the good times. How are you getting the 40 out there?
Geo

baja1d
01-18-2014, 04:32 PM
Putting my name on the volunteer list again. Ready to be abused again this year!:) Travis, I'll call you to set up travel dates. I want to bring out the two :Princess:"s and let them enjoy the good times. How are you getting the 40 out there?

Geo

Sweet

MisledYouth
01-18-2014, 07:58 PM
I was REALLY hoping to make it out this year, but it looks like I'll have a buddy coming into town right during CM. So I'll either have to between now and Easter Jeep, between EJS and CM or ANY time after. I've been to Moab a bunch, but never CM! Blast!

Rzeppa
01-19-2014, 11:55 AM
I was REALLY hoping to make it out this year, but it looks like I'll have a buddy coming into town right during CM. So I'll either have to between now and Easter Jeep, between EJS and CM or ANY time after. I've been to Moab a bunch, but never CM! Blast!

Why not bring your buddy to Cruise Moab?

Rzeppa
01-19-2014, 11:56 AM
I don't think folks are trying to butt in line Jeff. Looks like a simple google search for cruise Moab registration will take you directly to the sign up pages.

That is exactly why I had to make that post in the forums.

MisledYouth
01-19-2014, 02:52 PM
Why not bring your buddy to Cruise Moab?

I'd love to, there are too many plans that week already. He's still working across the pond, so he's got everything laid out, as he's only home for a short amount of time. At best, we'd be overlapping CM, and we can just sneak in line when nobody's looking :hill: Everything the last couple years has been last minute. Maybe next year things will iron out.

Hulk
01-27-2014, 08:48 PM
Cruise Moab 2014 registration is now officially open:

Website with all the event details: http://cruisemoab.com

Direct link to registration: http://cruisemoab.com/register2014.aspx

We hope to see you at the event!

Burt88
01-29-2014, 01:24 PM
Just registered last night! Now to transport my truck here from NC. Oh, and make it to a club meeting too.

jbstrd
01-29-2014, 04:44 PM
Can the CM groups run Hell's Gate and Escalator on Hell's Revenge yet?

JadeRunner
01-29-2014, 05:28 PM

That's a good question. I will see if we have an answer to that at tonight's committee meeting.

Rzeppa
01-30-2014, 02:50 PM

My understanding is no. My recollection is the reason is because of the way our permits are piggybacked on the Red Rocks 4 Wheeler's permits for the Safari, which required an environmental impact statement and the study excluded those two obstacles.

The topic didn't come up at last night's committee meeting, but I'll be sure and ask Neil Quigley, our permit guru.

jbstrd
02-01-2014, 08:12 PM
Thanks for the update guys. I am playing it safe and leaving one day open to run it on my own. Can't pass those obstacles up:D