PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Firewood.

Shotshell
09-25-2013, 11:10 PM
Just putting out a line to see if anyone knows where I can pick up some unsplit (or split) firewood for free, or cheap. I can haul it, and split it, but I'm out of a chainsaw at the moment.:o
Send me a PM if you know of anything. Thanks.

powderpig
09-26-2013, 06:32 AM
Free fire wood shows up on craigs list quite a bit, usually you need to collect it for the following year, as most still needs seasoning. I have seen seasoned firewood for pick up before as well. Good luck

subzali
09-26-2013, 09:13 AM
If anyone needs firewood, I have a line on more than you can haul away.

Rzeppa
09-27-2013, 05:27 PM
If anyone needs firewood, I have a line on more than you can haul away.

You gonna post that up, or is that PM only?

subzali
09-27-2013, 06:30 PM
PM me if you're interested.

DanS
09-28-2013, 05:52 PM
Just putting out a line to see if anyone knows where I can pick up some unsplit (or split) firewood for free, or cheap. I can haul it, and split it, but I'm out of a chainsaw at the moment.:o
Send me a PM if you know of anything. Thanks.

I'll throw up a second offer to backup Matt's.

If you can haul firewood away, I have quite a bit to dispose of. Some is already cut, much is standing dead, and I've got a pretty good chainsaw (with another one or two on the way). It's along the lines of Matt: more than you can imagine.

Feel free to PM or call me.

Dan

Rzeppa
09-28-2013, 06:34 PM
I'll throw up a second offer to backup Matt's.

If you can haul firewood away, I have quite a bit to dispose of. Some is already cut, much is standing dead, and I've got a pretty good chainsaw (with another one or two on the way). It's along the lines of Matt: more than you can imagine.

Feel free to PM or call me.

Dan

Where's it located Dan?

DanS
09-29-2013, 07:20 PM
Where's it located Dan?

Dumont.

RockRunner
10-02-2013, 02:21 PM
GL does offer lots of free wood. I just cut three trees since Thursday and actually got paid $160 to do two of them. One was an Elm for next year, next a Maple part for this year part for next year. Last was a big Cotton wood tree, I know what you are thinking but I need(ed) wood now.

Cotton wood burns hot and fast and is plentiful and already dead for the most part. The heat cleans your chimney and during the evening really gets the house warm/hot quick. Then when it is time for bed the hard wood goes in and lasts till 6-7 am if I fill it around 10:30 pm.

If you need a saw I have one, need a splitter I have one and if you need a trailer I have one but not right now (full of wood right now)

If you want to get the wood from Dan or Matt and need some of my stuff LMK and we can talk. Email metrompies@gmail.com to many calls that I only answer call I know ;) or you can text me 303-829-0703. :thumb:

BournID
10-06-2013, 08:45 PM
I have a recently dead pine tree that I'll need cut down. Too big for me to try even though it is leaning away from the house. Anyone know a company that can just fall it? I can do the rest. Probably won't do it til next spring.

baja1d
10-06-2013, 09:00 PM
Sounds like we need a wood cutting day!