PDA

View Full Version : Red Cone or Argentine- Friday


baja1d
10-01-2013, 06:35 AM
Semi last minute but we're gonna head up one of the two this Friday. Let me know if anyone is interested. Meet time should be around 9 ish
72o-987-42o2. Travis

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/10/01/esu5u9uz.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/10/01/a8ady4es.jpg

DaveInDenver
10-01-2013, 07:06 AM
Not sure if Red Cone is still passable. Kenosha Pass got about 9 inches of snow last weekend and I think precipitation is in the forecast for Thursday.

baja1d
10-01-2013, 07:52 AM
Not sure if Red Cone is still passable. Kenosha Pass got about 9 inches of snow last weekend and I think precipitation is in the forecast for Thursday.

Good to know... Open for ideas, just wanting to see the last of the colors...

MisledYouth
10-01-2013, 10:47 AM
My girlfriend went up on Sunday and there was ZERO sign of snow on Kenosha Pass.

DaveInDenver
10-01-2013, 11:33 AM
My girlfriend went up on Sunday and there was ZERO sign of snow on Kenosha Pass.
How far over did she travel? We were hoping to get in one last trip over towards Georgia Pass with the colors. So might have to sneak that in if the CT is still clear.

MisledYouth
10-01-2013, 01:24 PM
They went up Twin Cone a little ways. Said the tops of the cones were dry though. I think it's worth a shot, but I haven't seen it myself

Crash
10-01-2013, 09:31 PM
Shrine and Weston Passes were easily, in a 100 with ATs no less(!), passable today. Wearyman was fun with a little mud to deal with. Colors were far from ideal with not a ton of gold to see. Many trees were still green and those that were turning were more brown than golden due to the recent wet conditions up there. Still, this next week could be some good leaf peeping in these areas. Looking at going over Red Cone in the 62 on Thursday before the weather takes a turn. Looks like it could be a big turn, at that.

Fishy
10-01-2013, 09:57 PM
Came over Kenosha yesterday. No snow.

baja1d
10-02-2013, 08:32 AM
Outstanding. Any takers? Sounds like some weather will be coming in late afternoon

MountainGoat
10-02-2013, 09:33 AM
Outstanding. Any takers? Sounds like some weather will be coming in late afternoon

I am 80% on going along Travis. Just need 2 days of outstanding production today and tomorrow and I am in. :D

subzali
10-02-2013, 10:21 AM
Have heard reports that Argentine Pass is blocked in by snow. Probably McClellan Mt. too.

Caribou Sandstorm
10-02-2013, 11:06 AM
hmmm I can't go tomorrow darn it, but might could Friday. Would love to hit red cone, one more time..

What time you all going? What day now?

baja1d
10-02-2013, 03:48 PM
I'm working Thursday so I'm still hoping for Friday but will be making the call "morning of" weather dependent. Planning on leaving Littleton around 9.

I'll post if it's a "No go"

MountainGoat
10-03-2013, 02:34 PM
I got the hall pass for tomorrow.

Here's the forecast for Montezuma: Overcast with snow, then a chance of snow in the afternoon. High of 36F with a windchill as low as 21F. Winds from the WNW at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of snow 90% with accumulations up to 2 in. possible.

Red Cone should be fine, as long as there isn't snow already sitting on it. I don't have my heart set on any particular trail. The storm is supposed to hit harder to the north, so something more southerly like the gulches might be a better weather bet. Deckers forecast: Mostly cloudy with rain. High of 45F. Winds from the North at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 60%.

Travis, Chris or anybody else feel free to post up.

Crash
10-03-2013, 06:22 PM
We didn't get up there today, decided to enjoy the beautiful day here in Denver. Tempted to go tomorrow with y'all but it will be a game-day decision. If you do go, be careful and don't reprise anything like the 80 stuck on Webster for the winter saga from awhile back!

baja1d
10-03-2013, 08:26 PM
It's now raining here in A-town... Things aren't looking good

baja1d
10-04-2013, 03:47 AM
"No go" for us... It's 3:45 am & I haven't been to bed yet. Now that I officially don't have anything to do, hopefully people stop calling 911!

cbmontgo
10-04-2013, 12:20 PM
Wonder how much snow they got up at Red Cone or Argentine? Any local reports?

rover67
10-04-2013, 08:09 PM
We blew by the turnoff on our way to cb today and it looked dry as a bone...

Us on Kenosha:


http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/10/05/gu5ese5y.jpg

Cotton wood pass and some bozos. It was snowier

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/10/05/9ugeqyzu.jpg

cbmontgo
10-04-2013, 08:18 PM
Wow. Quite a difference there.

baja1d
10-04-2013, 08:28 PM
Dang, wish I would have rallied!

Fishy
10-05-2013, 12:38 AM
How bout we get the Wednesday Wheeling crew back together? I could do Thursday too.....

baja1d
10-05-2013, 08:01 AM
Wednesday will work for me. I'll be coming off duty so a meet up time around 9:30-10 would be most ideal

Fishy
10-05-2013, 08:29 AM
Wednesday will work for me. I'll be coming off duty so a meet up time around 9:30-10 would be most ideal

Same..... Off at 5:30am, get a few Zs then I'm ready. And, our government is a total joke so I'll be working all night for free.

MisledYouth
10-06-2013, 02:12 PM
Just FYI, we started late yesterday and wandered about 80% of the way up Twin Cone. Everything was bone dry. Not even any patches of snow on the trail, and maybe a total of about 6 collective inches off the side of the trail in the woods. That's if you scraped it all up and put it in a tupperware container or something.