PDA

View Full Version : Stupid question: Fuel Filter

Keith
10-01-2013, 02:24 PM
Still trying to get the check engine light to go off in our 99 4Runner. Latest idea is to replace the fuel filter.

So, I got the old one off and it looks like it was installed backwards. The part that says IN is pointed toward the back of the truck and the part that says OUT is pointed toward the engine. Am I missing something or was it installed backwards?

SteveH
10-01-2013, 02:42 PM
Sounds right to me - inlet into the filter comes from the gas tank, and the outlet toward the engine is labelled 'out'...

nakman
10-01-2013, 03:07 PM
Agreed.

Do you have an OBDII scanner? or need to borrow one?

Keith
10-01-2013, 03:33 PM
Thanks folks. Will install the new one the right way. Thanks for offering the scanner. We've just been getting the code read at NAPA. Hoping this latest round of repairs will do the trick.

rover67
10-01-2013, 05:07 PM
what was the code again?

ttubb
10-01-2013, 05:50 PM
Thanks folks. Will install the new one the right way. Thanks for offering the scanner. We've just been getting the code read at NAPA. Hoping this latest round of repairs will do the trick.

I think they were saying the old one is on correctly.....:thumb:

Keith
10-01-2013, 05:54 PM
Oh dear. Just re-read my first post. I typed that backwards. Go figure. Anyway, it was installed backwards. The IN side was pointed at the engine and the OUT side was pointed at the gas tank.

I just crawled back under there to check my work and the new one is installed correctly.

Keith
10-01-2013, 06:55 PM
Marco, the code was "system too lean on bank 1". I'll revive that thread if this latest round of fixes doesn't resolve the issue.