PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: 97 Parts

Boulder Cruiser
10-04-2013, 06:41 PM
I need a few things to get my newly acquired 97 80 rolling. Hopefully i can find these parts quick and cheap.
Front right knuckle
I know this is going to be a hard one to find, front HOUSING for an elocked diff. Might end up buying the whole axle so that might be an option.

I think Ive sourced everything else but if you guys have any ideas on where to find those two things that would be awesome.
Let me know. :cheers:

Corbet
10-04-2013, 08:23 PM
I went through the e-locked front housing search last year.

There are no cheap housings really out there unless you get really lucky. You can mod a non-locked housing. Pretty sure Slee has a tech tread on his site. Justin at Redline offered to do it for me at a very reasonable rate. This method has sealing issues. Kurt at Cruiser Outfitters had the best deal on a standard housing at the time. Hugh at Safari had the best deal on a locked housing at the time. New OEM is $1400-ish but has the upgrades that the 105 series got for more strength. I was about to order a Diamond housing until I pulled my cracked housing and welded it back myself.

Thread here: http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/showthread.php?t=18438&highlight=axle