PDA

View Full Version : What's it worth? My 40/trailer and possible Troopy trade.

Rezarf
10-17-2013, 09:41 AM
I met up with Brett yesterday and looked over the Troopy for sale locally.. Even took it for a spin, and its a very cool rig for sure. We are discussing a possible trade value for my 40/trailer combo. It's hard to gauge either persons "value" with my trailer being a one off project and the Troopy being so rare.

This could be the family wheeler we have been looking for... but we gotta negotiate. I fully expect you to brag and brag on my combo and belittle Brett's mini van ;) :hill:

All kidding aside, where would you rate my 40/trailer combo? It's just opinions and I have thought about throwing it on eBay for a while with a high reserve just to see where it goes, but I digress.

Please don't bash Brett's for sale thread, or turn this into an importation thread. If we can work out a deal, great, if not, then I'll make another cruiser friend.:wrench:

Troopy for sale thread on expo:
http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/116536-1993-HZJ75-Troop-Carrier-NC-Registered-CO-Located

farnhamstj
10-17-2013, 10:18 AM
That would be a fairly even trade IMO.

But instead, I would fly to Australia and go on a multi week adventure in a rented troopie, and then come home with enough money left to buy a 100series.

Rezarf
10-17-2013, 10:24 AM
That would be a fairly even trade IMO.

But instead, I would fly to Australia and go on a multi week adventure in a rented troopie, and then come home with enough money left to buy a 100series.

Haha! Thanks Farnham, Stacy and I actually spent our honeymoon down under and rode around in a troopy... but I didn't come home with that many beans to buy a 100. :thumb:

AxleIke
10-17-2013, 10:48 AM
Very cool trade! I have no idea on values, but it would be amazing if you had that troopy.

Fishy
10-17-2013, 12:04 PM
I drive a 100 so don't know anything about anything, but I like the 40/trailer better. Plus, driving on the wrong side is over rated. :)

Jenny Cruiser
10-17-2013, 03:00 PM

Still available AFAIK. http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/4086007958.html

Corbet
10-17-2013, 08:10 PM
without going over all vehicles in person I see it as a pretty even trade from the pics. Just my .02

Get Outside
10-29-2013, 10:02 PM
I remember there was a guy at the rising sun rally in August with a troopie for sale. Very nice truck with pop top and everything! I was all over that truck. I believe he was asking about $15k.

Have no idea how to find the guy now but maybe somebody in the club might now him or know how to find him.

DanS
10-30-2013, 01:05 AM
I remember there was a guy at the rising sun rally in August with a troopie for sale. Very nice truck with pop top and everything! I was all over that truck. I believe he was asking about $15k.

Have no idea how to find the guy now but maybe somebody in the club might now him or know how to find him.

That truck sold and is living with a new owner now in southern NM.

Dan