PDA

View Full Version : where to get steel U-channel?

nakman
08-28-2006, 02:28 PM
I need a hunk of U-Channel, anyone have some? Or know a good local place to get some? Ideally 2"x5"x2", 6' long.

Uncle Ben
08-28-2006, 02:51 PM
I need a hunk of U-Channel, anyone have some? Or know a good local place to get some? Ideally 2"x5"x2", 6' long. Nak, Closest to you would be Boulder Steel which is over by the Emissions place and the cheapest source close by but limited inventory is Rose Steel Supply in Lafeyette.

nakman
08-28-2006, 04:47 PM
Thanks Uncle B. I called them both and only one still around was Boulder Steel, who said they don't stock anything like it, they only do commercial fab work.

They suggested Rose Steel in Lafayette 303-673-9919 or Armor Steel in Boulder 303-442-3025. Both are done for the day though.. will call tomorrow!

treerootCO
08-28-2006, 08:29 PM
I have two chunks of steel. 2 1/2" x 5" x 5' ( |__| style )

If you had to have 6', we could weld on another foot.

Uncle Ben
08-28-2006, 09:42 PM
Thanks Uncle B. I called them both and only one still around was Boulder Steel, who said they don't stock anything like it, they only do commercial fab work.

They suggested Rose Steel in Lafayette 303-673-9919 or Armor Steel in Boulder 303-442-3025. Both are done for the day though.. will call tomorrow!

OK I'm confused (news flash!). :rolleyes: You "called them both and only one still around was Boulder Steel" Then you said "They suggested Rose Steel in Lafayette 303-673-9919" :confused: who was the other place you called that you thought I suggested? When in fact I said: " Closest to you would be Boulder Steel which is over by the Emissions place and the cheapest source close by but limited inventory is Rose Steel Supply in Lafeyette." You makie no sense man! :lmao: :cheers:

Red_Chili
08-29-2006, 06:43 AM
Altitude Steel, under the Colfax viaduct on Umatilla in Denver, has a good selection at a fair price. That's who supplied the Yankee Doodle posts, precut and drilled. The number is the same as old Atlas Metal Supply, which business I think the guy bought out.

nakman
08-29-2006, 08:41 AM
UB, you told me about two places, and I called them both. what's confusing about that? One of them was gone for the day, the other suggested I try two other places, one of which was the other place you suggested, plus one other place.

Options for steel are pouring in from everywhere though, thanks everyone! :)

Uncle Ben
08-29-2006, 08:44 AM
UB, you told me about two places, and I called them both. what's confusing about that? One of them was gone for the day, the other suggested I try two other places, one of which was the other place you suggested, plus one other place.

Options for steel are pouring in from everywhere though, thanks everyone! :)

Oh, now I see....clear as mud! :rolleyes: :dunno: :guapo: :brick: :homer: :smokin: