PDA

View Full Version : 06 LX470 Switch blank?

CardinalFJ60
10-17-2013, 02:57 PM
Been searching on Mud and the Google but can't determine if there's a JDM switch or similar that can be added to the lower right.

Does anyone know what goes there and/or the availability of an OEM switch that I can put in there to hook stuff up?? It's similar to the older100 series LC blank in the center dash, but different.

thanks!

Fishy
10-17-2013, 05:23 PM
Like this?
http://man-a-fre.com/fjcruiser/factoryfoglightswitchfjcruiser.htm

Pretty sure they're all the same.

Fishy
10-17-2013, 05:25 PM
Or, try this part # from Toyota

Aux Light Switch: Toyota PT-297-35070-AS

CardinalFJ60
10-17-2013, 07:32 PM
thanks for posting...looking for something to go in the right hand blank next to the mirror button. I can't find anything in my intitial search.

nakman
10-22-2013, 05:20 PM
Does the switch that's in there now feel like it's pushing something? I suspect all those switches are really skinny, and they're all activating small switches that are all part of the same circuit board. Which means if you had the PCB diagram, you could potentially solder on some new leads to it, and run those to a relay to then turn whateveritis you want to turn on. Or solder on another switch, then run leads from it. But my next step would be to tear into the dash and confirm that that switch is just pushing on a PCB switch (100 style) and that it's likely more or less impossible that you could run a separate wire harness to it (60/80 style).

Fishy
10-22-2013, 05:26 PM
When you get it apart, If it doesn't depress (switch), what's the likelihood of building a switch using the guts from a regular 100 series switch and the faceplate from that blank?

nakman
10-22-2013, 05:47 PM
I don't think there's an actual switch there, per se. Not like a CDL switch you'd add to an 80, or a rear defroster switch you'd have on a 62 or 4Runner.. or even the switches left of your steering column. Those switches in the center are more like the buttons on the front of your DVD player- they're just depressing something else on the back side, that's soldered to a circuit board.

at least that's my best guess, based on the 10-15x I've had mine in my lap futzing with the stereo. :)