PDA

View Full Version : Divorce lawyer in Fort Collins/Denver area

Hants
08-29-2006, 09:11 AM
Can anyone recommend a really good divorce lawyer in the Fort Collins/Denver area?

My sister is considering seeking a divorce. If she does, it will likely be extremely contentious.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

gr8fulabe
08-29-2006, 09:35 AM
I can't help you with the lawyer, but I am pretty sure that Colorado is a "joint property" state, so everything gets split down the middle value wise. That might help it keep from getting too nasty.
My first advice would be to try and get them into couple counseling....

Hants
08-29-2006, 11:08 AM
Without getting into too much detail, yes, they've been doing the counseling thing for a year or two now...

Unfortunately, they have two pre-teen children, too... :(

stinkyfj60
08-31-2006, 06:10 PM
I am going through a divorce right now, quite unexpected too...

I retained the best lawyer in the Valley, and her advice was to go in without a lawyer. So thats what I did, I filed on my wife, and asked it to go to mediation. If things arent agreed upon in mediation and then it goes to court, and my wife brings in a lawyer THEN I bring in mine and ask that my attorney fees are paid by my wife. It seems that here at least, the lawyer will grant that if you have made every effort through mediation to avoid going to court....

Hants
09-01-2006, 08:46 AM
Thanks. I'll pass that advice on. Would you mind sending me the lawyer's contact information?

stinkyfj60
09-01-2006, 08:18 PM
Thanks. I'll pass that advice on. Would you mind sending me the lawyer's contact information?

I can but I think she only works in the Alamosa area... I will PM you with all tha tomorrow.