PDA

View Full Version : house painter?

Beater
08-29-2006, 01:19 PM
I need a referral for a house painter. looking to get my place done before fall.

mostly prep and cutting, very small area of stucco on brick home.

HELP!

j

corsair23
08-30-2006, 01:04 AM
J,

I used a company last year called Gardner Painting in Arvada...I always shy away from recommending anything to anyone as you never know if the next person will get the same service but I was satisfied with their work. They offer a decent warranty and even sent me a letter on my 1-yr anniversary of the painting to remind me of the warranty and to call if anything needed to be touched up/fixed!! Pretty impressive in my book. They were about in the middle of the 10+ quotes I received.

Here is their Dex ad:

http://tinyurl.com/ec6pz

HTH and good luck!

Hulk
08-30-2006, 10:34 AM
From my neighborhood newsletter:
Painting Interiors by Ryan’s Brush Since 1976
I do the work, less overhead, great pricing. Free
estimate and color consult, plus faux finish. Dave
Ryan, 303-688-6677.

We used them to paint our house back in 1999. Still looks great.

Red_Chili
08-31-2006, 07:58 AM
My neighbor at the place we are renting, Rudy Vigil (not sure about the last name) is very particular and very excellent. Not necessarily the cheapest, but good quality.

My neighbor across the street on Bemis (Fair and Friendly Painting) is a real character (goes with the neighborhood), talks a LOT, does good work, is affordable, and personally keeps Budweiser's quarterly profits in the green.

You figger out which one we are using.

You are probably wrong.:p:

Romer
07-11-2008, 10:12 AM
Bumping this to the top as I need to get my house painted. Some good tips here, looking to see if there are updates.

corsair23
07-11-2008, 12:03 PM
Ken,

Still happy with the job Gardner did on our house FWIW. I did have them come out after receiving the 1 yr anniversayr warranty reminder letter to do a little touch up work and they even repainted around all the windows which were replaced after they originally painted. The window folks (Thermal Advantage who I would NOT recommend) were none to gentle with the old window removal and new window installation so there was quite a bit of touch up work needed which Gardner happily did at no charge while they were out :thumb:

Hopefully Gardner is still providing the same level of customer service but I have not had any need/reason to have them come back out.

Romer
08-20-2008, 01:45 PM
Finally got my house painted. I ended up using somebody different and am real happy about their work. Gardner must have been on vacation because I called them twice and then 10 days later they called me back. These guys were very polite, spoke English, did just what they said they would do and kept their schedule and no payment is required until the job is done to my satisfaction. They were recommended by a neighbor

Arik Yoffe
Budget Painting, LLC
303-885-7473
Fax 303-741-0169

I asked Bonni if they did a good job and she said "very good job" now that's a compliment if you don't know my wife.

Romer
09-23-2008, 10:40 AM
Just wanted to comment on Budget Painting again.

had them paint the inside of my old house and one room in my new house.

These guys even came back after the carpet guys scrapped up some trim and retouched it up. Said it was part of their warranty