PDA

View Full Version : Adventure Tool Company

BritKLR
11-15-2013, 03:14 PM
Adventure Tool Company supplies the highest quality products for the expedition, overland, and adventuring communities. These products are made in Colorado, U.S.A., from American-made MILSPEC components.

Each design drew from my years of experience conducting Investigative missions, SWAT, water rescue, high angle rope rescue, tactical tracking, K-9, mountain rescue and years of off-roading. I learned the hard way what worked and what didn't. I also wanted gear that wasn't just black nylon (been there, done that). I wanted it to age with a great patina so that I would be proud to have it and proud to hand it down to my son (someday...). This all resulted in using American made 12oz. waxed canvas that is manufactured with great care, ensuring countless years of rugged service. We also warranty it for life.

Our Flagship products are the "ShopRoll" Tool Roll, Identification "I.D" Tool Pouch w/I.D. Name Tapes, ATC Wool Camp Blanket and can all be seen at:
http://AdventureToolCompany.com/.

We have several other products in final "Test and Evaluation" and will be added to the website soon.

If you get a chance, please "Like" us at:www.facebook.com/AdventureToolCompany

If you have a question about anything ATC makes, please feel free to contact us at AdventureToolCompany@yahoo.com.
Many thanks for your business!

CardinalFJ60
11-15-2013, 03:34 PM
I purchased the tool roll and a smaller aux. bag. this stuff is reeeaaallly nice. I've been toting around a bag of random tools and can rarely find the things I need quickly. the tool rool keeps things organized, it's got a flap to put parts on so you don't sit them on the desert floor, and lots of zippered pockets.

I can't tell you how nicely they are designed and built. on a side note, my mom used to sew boat canvas for tops. I showed her this site and asked her to make me one. after intitally saying, OH yeah! I'll make that. Upon further inspection, the materials and build quality is top notch. I'm come from a long line of cheapskates...mom said, "you should buy this, it's nice".

I strongly recommend this solution for your tools. and I'll post some pics once I get around to filling it up.

:thumb:

Fishy
11-15-2013, 03:40 PM
I got a good look at this stuff and it's very, very nice!

BritKLR
11-16-2013, 04:15 PM
I purchased the tool roll and a smaller aux. bag. this stuff is reeeaaallly nice. I've been toting around a bag of random tools and can rarely find the things I need quickly. the tool rool keeps things organized, it's got a flap to put parts on so you don't sit them on the desert floor, and lots of zippered pockets.

I can't tell you how nicely they are designed and built. on a side note, my mom used to sew boat canvas for tops. I showed her this site and asked her to make me one. after intitally saying, OH yeah! I'll make that. Upon further inspection, the materials and build quality is top notch. I'm come from a long line of cheapskates...mom said, "you should buy this, it's nice".

I strongly recommend this solution for your tools. and I'll post some pics once I get around to filling it up.

LOL!

Thanks and tell your mom I really appreciate the compliment. It means a lot to me!

BritKLR
11-16-2013, 04:16 PM
I got a good look at this stuff and it's very, very nice!

Thanks Stan! I appreciate the kind words.

BritKLR
11-18-2013, 08:25 AM
We are stunned and thrilled!!! Expedition Portal just gave our ATC gear a stellar review. ExPo is the website for Overland Journal, which is the premier expedition overland publication in the English-speaking world. ExPo says that the ShopRoll "is the most robust and well designed tool roll we have seen in years." ExPo goes on to say that the ShopRoll is "one of our favorite products of the year." As for ATC gear in general, "their products are thoughtfully designed and built with an uncompromising dedication to quality." And (this made us giggle), "they also have one of the coolest logos ever." Thank you to ExPo and its reviewer Christophe Noel!!!

For the complete review, please visit http://www.expeditionportal.com/accessories/2526-american-overlander-adventure-tool-company-shop-roll.html

www.AdventureToolCompany.com

simps80
11-20-2013, 01:37 PM
congratulations on the great review!

I saw your products out at the rally this year, they looked great, and the logo is very well designed, I agree.

Fishy
11-21-2013, 03:48 PM
Congratulations Paul!

For members attending our December meeting, Paul will be showing off his products and have them for sale.

CardinalFJ60
11-21-2013, 05:22 PM
I like this stuff so much, I'll be outfitting the LX and getting some more small pouches and label patches. :thumb:

cruiseroutfit
11-21-2013, 09:48 PM
Well deserved Paul, the tool roll is a subtle elegance in an Cruiser!

BritKLR
11-23-2013, 07:51 AM
Due to popular demand we added Four (4) New Name Tapes for the I.D. Tool Pouches:

METRIC TOOLS
SAE TOOLS
RECOVERY KIT
WINCH KIT

And we've still got the original nine (9): Electrical Parts, Fasteners, First Aid Kit, Hand Tools, Misc. Crap, Screwdrivers, Small Parts, Sockets, and Wrenches. All available at www.AdventureToolCompany.com.

Inukshuk
11-23-2013, 11:16 AM
We are stunned and thrilled!!! Expedition Portal just gave our ATC gear a stellar review.

Congratulations. I am very happy with mine and about to go field test it for 8 days....

BritKLR
11-23-2013, 03:01 PM
Daniel-

Thanks!

That's awesome....where are you heading? Have a great time and be safe.

BritKLR
11-25-2013, 08:01 AM
Another ShopRoll being used for its intended purpose! The workmat area is a great place to temporarily store pieces and parts that you take off your rig. It's large enough to hold a starter, air pump, shocks, etc. and it keeps them out of the dirt and ready to be put back on. Also, notice how the large tool slot on the right will actually hold a hammer. Most Chinese made tool rolls aren't big enough to hold a simple hammer.

Keep sending us pictures of your ATC gear in use! Thanks!

BritKLR
11-26-2013, 11:31 AM
Out playing on the trails and testing a fully loaded ShopRoll. I only carry the wrenches, sockets and hand tools that fit my 87 FJ60 Land Cruiser. It makes for a nice compact package.

Be safe.

BritKLR
11-29-2013, 08:06 AM
Wow! We just received a fantastic holiday gift. This morning Expedition Portal, the website for Overland Journal, included the Adventure Tool Company ShopRoll as 1 of only 8 “Items for Your Holiday Wish List.” To quote ExPo, “made in America and representing the best of the best, these products made lasting impressions on the Expedition Portal team.” About the ATC ShopRoll in particular: “Made in Colorado in small batches to ensure maximum quality, this is a tool roll to last the ages.” ExPo concludes by saying that “hopefully, if you've been good, they’ll find their way to you this holiday season.” We would love to send you our ATC gear for holiday presents, wrapped in old-school paper as shown in our photo.

www.AdventureToolCompany.com

For the complete Expedition Portal review/article, please visit http://www.expeditionportal.com/gears/2602-american-overlander-ten-items-for-your-holiday-wish-list.html

Keith
11-30-2013, 10:01 PM
Just ordered my first product from ATC (a large tool pouch). As has been stated, it is of excellent quality. What hasn't been stated though is the excellent customer service and absurdly fast shipping. I ordered it yesterday morning and it arrived this afternoon… With a hand-written note!

Inukshuk
12-01-2013, 08:05 PM
Daniel-

Thanks!

That's awesome....where are you heading? Have a great time and be safe.

Just back from Taos, Santa Fe, Chaco Canyon, Canyon De Chelly, Mesa Verde - and all the places in between. Completed. Tool roll only came out when I needed channel locks to pull the leg on my chuck-box, but I knew exactly where the channel locks were and did not even need a full unroll.

BritKLR
12-02-2013, 08:29 AM
Just back from Taos, Santa Fe, Chaco Canyon, Canyon De Chelly, Mesa Verde - and all the places in between. Completed. Tool roll only came out when I needed channel locks to pull the leg on my chuck-box, but I knew exactly where the channel locks were and did not even need a full unroll.

Daniel-

That sounds like an epic trip! Would love to see some trip photos. Thanks for the field repair story! I always love hearing how our products are actually used.

BritKLR
12-02-2013, 08:32 AM
My son came home from college for the Thanksgiving week and we took his Jeep Cherokee out on the 105 trail to do some snow wheeling. We stopped up by the old mine and did some exploring and when we came back to his Jeep it wouldn't start! After checking everything we found that the battery cables had become loose and fouled. After pulling out the tools and cleaning the connections and tightening them it fired right up. Great field repair lesson!

BritKLR
12-02-2013, 08:34 AM
The ATC gear we had with us.

BritKLR
12-18-2013, 05:55 PM
We have a new item coming out soon! Just finishing the field tests, please keep an eye on our website.

www.adventuretoolcompany.com

Cheers!

BritKLR
12-29-2013, 03:28 PM
So much fun! Adventure Tool Company now has its first inclusion in a national print magazine.

The ATC ShopRoll is featured in the New Product Section of the March 2014 "Overland" edition of Petersen’s 4Wheel & Off-Road magazine!

Many thanks to Petersen’s and its gurus Rick Pewe and Tom Morr for including us.

Happy New Year!

BritKLR
12-29-2013, 03:29 PM
New products section!

LARGEONE
12-29-2013, 06:59 PM
Congrats, Paul...that article should attract quite a bit of interest!

rover67
12-29-2013, 07:04 PM
Sweet, Glad I ordered my stuff already to avoid any potential backorders :)

rover67
12-29-2013, 08:08 PM
Love how well it's packed and how quickly it came... You can tell there's a lot of heart in this stuff.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/12/30/ze2uguru.jpg

Oooooooo. Yeah!

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/12/30/4a5aqyju.jpg

Even got a thank you letter:

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/12/30/9a5aty5a.jpg

I love the smell of freshly oiled canvas damn this stuff is nice!!!

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/12/30/he5uhery.jpg

Paul, this stuff is really nice and for the money I am convinced the quality can't be beat. I am REALLY proud to have some of this gear. I am excited to see what you come up with next, i am tempted to buy a few more of the small bags, they are great..

BritKLR
12-30-2013, 06:46 PM
Marco-

We're thrilled you like your ShopRoll and ID Pouches! Thanks for the compliments and I look forward to seeing your tools in your gear!

Take care.

Paul

BritKLR
01-02-2014, 04:11 PM
New products for a new year! CANVAS UTILITY TARPS

These tarps have a thousand and one uses. Made in Colorado, U.S.A. of heavy waxed canvas and MILSPEC components, sewn with high-tensile nylon thread, they’ll take a beating and keep on working. Heavy and durable, they will perform any task that a plastic tarp can, but won’t tear, crumple, or flap excessively in the wind. And canvas, unlike plastic, only becomes better and more supple with age. The webbed loops allow for endless configurations, whether you’re using rope, carabiners, or zip ties. And, what we think is good fun, each tarp is sewn to order by Paul himself (CEO of ATC) on his vintage Rex sewing machine.

A thousand and one uses, as mentioned. We can’t list them all, but will provide a few examples. For trailside repairs, the tarps protect a fender or bumper without scratching, or provide ground cover when you’re crawling beneath the engine. (The medium tarp, when folded into quarters, fits perfectly in the main pocket of the ShopRoll.) The tarps also make great ground covers in general, protecting against moisture and muck, laid beneath a tent, sleeping bag, picnic lunch, or what have you. And overhead, too, they have their uses, as sun shades, rain shields, or temporary tops for open-air rigs. They can be laid across seats or truck beds or trunks for protection, or over top of your gear to batten it all down. They can be used to haul firewood or large parts, or, arranged in a cocoon, as a camp bed for your dog. They can also be used…. well, you get the idea. The possibilities are endless. And with a lifetime warranty included, you can try them all.

For more information, please visit http://adventuretoolcompany.com/product/canvas-utility-tarps

BritKLR
01-02-2014, 04:12 PM
Another shot.

More pictures at www.adventuretoolcompany.com!

BritKLR
01-26-2014, 02:20 PM
Thought I'd share our new Tow Strap Throw-Bag design with RS first!

http://adventuretoolcompany.com/product/3-tow-strap-throw-bag

Please lmk if you have any questions! Thanks!

rover67
01-26-2014, 04:30 PM
what strap are you using in the pic you took of you throwing it?

I like it a lot. I think the 40 will have all of your stuff in it.

Crash
01-26-2014, 05:01 PM
What 40? :D

Hulk
01-26-2014, 06:13 PM
I dig those tarps. Are you coming to any future RS meetings to save on shipping?

BritKLR
01-26-2014, 07:27 PM
what strap are you using in the pic you took of you throwing it?

I like it a lot. I think the 40 will have all of your stuff in it.

That's an ARB 60' winch extension/static tow strap. The Tow Strap Bag will hold the 60' and a 30' foot recovery/dynamic strap at once.

LMK how much gear you need for your 40!

Lmk if you have any other questions or want to see a bag.

Thanks!

BritKLR
01-26-2014, 07:28 PM
I dig those tarps. Are you coming to any future RS meetings to save on shipping?

Matt-

I sure will. I'll make sure to bring several items.

Be safe.

Paul

AimCOTaco
01-30-2014, 10:34 AM
Paul,
Another label idea: Impact Tools
...that would have sold me an additional bag today.
(I did pick up a tarp and misc crap bag as a gift)
Thanks,

Keith
01-30-2014, 02:40 PM
Andy, I order name tapes from militaryclothing.comhttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/31/7ade3ara.jpg

They have a 20% off sale right now if you enter code WBVAL4 at checkout.

AimCOTaco
01-30-2014, 03:07 PM
:thumb: Sweet

Keith
01-30-2014, 03:11 PM
Other labels I've had made for bags I don't even own yet. http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/31/ejy5edyn.jpg

BritKLR
01-31-2014, 06:57 AM
Paul,
Another label idea: Impact Tools
...that would have sold me an additional bag today.
(I did pick up a tarp and misc crap bag as a gift)
Thanks,

Andy-

Thanks for the order and I'll add your suggestion to our future label list!

Be safe

Paul

BritKLR
01-31-2014, 06:58 AM
Andy, I order name tapes from militaryclothing.comhttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/31/7ade3ara.jpg

They have a 20% off sale right now if you enter code WBVAL4 at checkout.

Keith-

Looks good!

AimCOTaco
01-31-2014, 04:02 PM
Paul,
If you bring a large tool bag to the next meeting I'll take it off your hands.

Thanks,

BritKLR
02-01-2014, 11:31 AM
Paul,
If you bring a large tool bag to the next meeting I'll take it off your hands.

Thanks,

Sure will!

Thanks.

BritKLR
02-04-2014, 01:36 PM
So, I was using the old Working Pig (1970 FJ55 LandCruiser) to clear the snow from ATC HQ and got a little too much forward momentum (skinny pedal) and ended up high-centering the poor old cruiser in a snow mound. Well, out comes the Throw-Bag, tow straps, shackles, chains and the old pick-up truck. With some help from VP Amy and a few tugs the old cruiser came out and finished the drive!

Thought I'd share some shots of the recovery!

Be safe.

Paul

BritKLR
02-04-2014, 01:38 PM
The Hook-up!

BritKLR
02-04-2014, 01:39 PM
The big pull...

Hulk
02-05-2014, 04:44 PM
Don't forget to bring a large tarp tonight!

BritKLR
02-06-2014, 10:07 AM
Don't forget to bring a large tarp tonight!

Hulk-

Sorry I missed this last night....we're currently low on large tarps due to a large order. I'll bring several to the next meeting!

Thanks for your support!

Paul

AimCOTaco
02-07-2014, 10:26 AM
Paul,
Thanks for the top quality bags and tarp!
(Matt, I ordered online, I didn't snipe your tarp, they are worth the wait though.)
Thanks Keith for the tip on tags!

BritKLR
02-08-2014, 10:18 AM
Paul,
Thanks for the top quality bags and tarp!
(Matt, I ordered online, I didn't snipe your tarp, they are worth the wait though.)
Thanks Keith for the tip on tags!

Andy / Keith-

Awesome bags for your radio gear!

I'm placing a large order for new nametapes (original ones and some new ones!)
If you'd like a custom nametape for our current price of $3.99 and color combo, just lmk.

If you'd like a custom color combination (eg: red/black, yellow/ black, gray/ black, pink/black) lmk.

Also, we're working on some new programs within ATC. Keep an eye open for our Custom Gear Shop and others exciting programs!

Thanks for your support!

Paul

BritKLR
02-12-2014, 10:29 AM
We are very pleased to announce that Overland Expo has hired Adventure Tool Company to provide the official 2014 Overland Expo attendee bags.

Not long ago, the great folks at Overland Expo asked us if we would be interesting in supplying nearly 1000 messenger bags, which will be given to all registered attendees at the Expo. We said yes, gladly. We’ve always loved the Expo. It is the best event of its kind in the world, in our humble opinion, so it’s good fun for us to be partnered with the Expo in this way.

We designed a messenger bag specifically for the Expo, and it isn’t your average conference bag. Not by a long shot. Made from our signature components, this bag is meant to last. Constructed in Colorado, U.S.A., of heavy waxed canvas, rugged Cordura, and MILSPEC components, sewn with high-tensile nylon thread and reinforced with binding tape, this bag is as tough as nails. Expo attendees will carry it at the event, then take it home and use it for many years to come.

We hope to see you all at the Expo in May. And we look forward to seeing our ATC messenger bags slung over your shoulders.

For more information about Overland Expo, please visit http://www.overlandexpo.com/

simps80
02-12-2014, 09:04 PM
Nice..
Can u buy one without going??
My work bag is beat

BritKLR
02-14-2014, 11:24 AM
Nice..
Can u buy one without going??
My work bag is beat

Simps80-

Thanks for your interest in the OE Messenger Bag! This bag was designed exclusively for the 2014 OE event and we've currently sold the entire run to OE. We'll have a full featured ATC Messenger bag up on our site shortly www.adventuretoolcompany.com. I hope this answers your question.

Take care and be safe.

Paul

Fishy
02-14-2014, 12:08 PM
Bigger and bigger!

Happy to see it, Paul. It's easy to sell products that are so high quality. Keep going!

BritKLR
02-15-2014, 08:20 AM
Bigger and bigger!

Happy to see it, Paul. It's easy to sell products that are so high quality. Keep going!

Stan-

Thanks!!

Paul

CardinalFJ60
02-27-2014, 03:53 PM
Just picked up 3 more medium bags...I'm hooked on this gear! Great stuff Paul!! and thanks for the ridiculously fast shipping and awesome packaging.

BritKLR
03-01-2014, 08:15 PM
Just picked up 3 more medium bags...I'm hooked on this gear! Great stuff Paul!! and thanks for the ridiculously fast shipping and awesome packaging.

CardinalFJ60-

Thanks!

Really appreciate your kind words!

Paul

BritKLR
03-02-2014, 10:19 AM
Another kind comment from Overland Expedition!

http://www.overlandexpo.com/overland-tech-travel/2014/2/28/brown-paper-packages.html

Thanks Jonathan!

BritKLR
03-11-2014, 12:37 PM
We wish to thank Jonathan Hanson for the lovely review he recently wrote about our ShopRoll in Overland Tech & Travel. He says that “the ShopRoll is superbly well-made of 12-ounce oiled canvas, with straight stitching and bound edges.” He also calls it “a fine piece of gear, and well worth its…price.” And we love the fact that he appreciates the old-school scent of the waxed canvas. We do, too! We hope that he has great good fun using his ShopRoll on all of his adventures.

For more details about the ShopRoll, please visit http://adventuretoolcompany.com/prod...roll-tool-roll

For the complete review, please visit http://www.overlandexpo.com/overland...-packages.html

BritKLR
03-24-2014, 08:52 AM
We are very pleased to announce the addition of a new piece of gear, the Expedition Map Case, to our website.

Here at ATC, we love maps. Real maps. The kind we can spread out on a table to plan our next adventure. The kind we can view while trundling through the middle of nowhere, seeing what we’ve traversed and where we’re heading. The kind that shows the great, wild world spreading out for hundreds of miles around our location. GPSs and other such devices certainly have their uses. They are handy tools to have (though not always as reliable in the outback as might be assumed). But nothing, in our opinion, will ever replace a traditional map.

We designed the Expedition Map Case for ourselves and for those out there like us. Like all ATC gear, it is as tough as nails. Made in Colorado, U.S.A., of heavy waxed canvas and MILSPEC components, sewn with high-tensile nylon thread and reinforced with binding tape, it will accompany you on every expedition, getting better and more supple the more you use it. Unlike most map cases, this one features heavy-duty vinyl that is UV stabilized. This vinyl won’t crack or cloud with use. And it resists scratches better than any other similar material.

In addition to the map pocket itself, the Expedition Map Case features a large gadget pocket, to store compasses, GPSs, notebooks, pens, or what have you. Everything you need to navigate, you can put in this map case for easy access.

For photos and more information, please visit http://adventuretoolcompany.com/product/5--expedition-map-case.

BritKLR
03-24-2014, 08:53 AM
Front

Get Outside
03-27-2014, 12:12 AM
That is cool! Hey Paul, I like your stuff a lot! Haven't bought anything yet but will be placing some orders soon! Spent too much in the last month in gear for the truck and on our move back here in CA but your product is on my must have list.
Keep up the good work and quality!
Best regards

BritKLR
04-14-2014, 11:11 AM
That is cool! Hey Paul, I like your stuff a lot! Haven't bought anything yet but will be placing some orders soon! Spent too much in the last month in gear for the truck and on our move back here in CA but your product is on my must have list.
Keep up the good work and quality!
Best regards

Thanks Paulo!

Hope your move went well and wish you guys the best. It was wonderful meeting you during the trail work days on Rollins Road.

Take care and be safe.

BritKLR
04-14-2014, 11:23 AM
We're doing a small run of our massive Atlas Map Case. The last batch got snapped up by some dual sport friends. These cases will hold a fully opened Rand McNally or DeLorme map book and keep them clean and damage free (18 1/2 x 24 1/2).
Here's a teaser shot!

CardinalFJ60
04-14-2014, 11:41 AM
OK...I'm in. I saw one at the last meeting - they're cool. (moved to PM)

Keith
04-14-2014, 12:45 PM
Yes, please. I just put in an order for a couple of tool pouches. Can you add it to that?

BritKLR
04-16-2014, 09:52 AM
Yes, please. I just put in an order for a couple of tool pouches. Can you add it to that?

On its way down the mountain via ATC pack mule! Please enjoy it!