PDA

View Full Version : Where to get nice mil-spec battery terminals?

CardinalFJ60
11-21-2013, 12:41 PM
I've been looking around...where's a good place to get those nice really beefy mil-spec battery terminals? I got some cheapo "mil-spec" ones from Amazon (gotta love the Prime), but not as nice as others I have.

thanks!

nakman
11-21-2013, 01:31 PM
I believe Slee stocks them, I have purchased there before.

DaveInDenver
11-21-2013, 01:32 PM
I used to get them from Wrangler Power Products. The ones they sold were pretty good.

http://www.wranglerpower.com

But I recently got a set from a place called Prime 4x4 through eBay and they're not bad.

http://www.prime4x4.com/shop/OffRoad-Electrical-Accessories--Components/Battery-Terminals--Accessories/p/Military-Battery-Terminals-sku-MilTerm001.htm

MDH33
11-21-2013, 01:51 PM
I like the National Luna terminals. They're really convenient to connect stuff to. Not as beefy as the military ones, but I haven't had any issues. Equipt has them:

Equipt1 (http://www.equipt1.com/companies/Battery%20Accessories/product-national-luna-battery-systems/118173-battery-terminal-positive)

nuclearlemon
11-21-2013, 01:57 PM
i ordered mine from one of the flaps. they had to special order them from phillips.

Inukshuk
11-21-2013, 02:16 PM
My Group 31 Deka Intimidator handily has built in 3/8 screw post.

MTSN
11-21-2013, 02:24 PM
I believe Slee stocks them, I have purchased there before.

When Slee installed my winch a couple weeks ago they installed them on my battery so I know they have them. They're very nice too.

coax
11-21-2013, 02:38 PM
I don't know if they are "nice" but napa sells some mil-spec terminals. Not too pricey. They've worked pretty well for me.

Edit, they are probably the same ones you already have.

Rezarf
11-21-2013, 11:35 PM
I prefer marine terminals and car audio terminals over the mil-spec versions... but you weren't asking ;) the audio versions offer great corrosion resistant coatings and lots of options for adding other heavy gauge wires for winches or a second fuse panel.

CardinalFJ60
11-22-2013, 07:21 AM
I prefer marine terminals and car audio terminals over the mil-spec versions... but you weren't asking ;) the audio versions offer great corrosion resistant coatings and lots of options for adding other heavy gauge wires for winches or a second fuse panel.

Ok Drew, you've got my attention...those are nice. Maybe that's why my other terminals are so nice...perhaps they are more of a marine spec. (back to the "goog")

anything you particularly like? or are using? (Yeah, I see that pic :D ...anything else?)

Inukshuk
11-22-2013, 08:12 AM

NEW SOURCE: Check out the place called Universal Importers at 5752 Logan Court. Over by the merchandise mart at 58th & I-25. 303 296 4214. I picked up this 1 to 4 stereo fuse box ($19) and installed it as my distribution panel. That's a 2GA going in and out to my ARB dual compressor in the back of the truck. 8GA to the subwoofer amp, and 16mm each (about 5GA) to a fuse panel on the firewall and a 12 circuit blue sea one on the side of the underseat heater. (I was busy the last two weeks).

They also had super flexible heavy gauge wire (I don't have their cable in this install, this is other cable) - and tons of stereo equipment.

RockRunner
11-23-2013, 06:26 PM

Used those on my DD's for the stereo set ups and they were awesome. Have/had a set on my 4Runner, went wit Mil Spec since I had a bag full in the garage from previous work.

RockRunner
11-23-2013, 06:33 PM
Daniel. I like that set up and the price for it. Go to Car Toys ad for a double one you have to pay nearly $70. Are the outs all one size or do they go down like you have them?

Rezarf
11-24-2013, 04:23 PM
Ok Drew, you've got my attention...those are nice. Maybe that's why my other terminals are so nice...perhaps they are more of a marine spec. (back to the "goog")

anything you particularly like? or are using? (Yeah, I see that pic :D ...anything else?)

Nothing in particular. Most of the audio stuff is well made, I haven't shopped for any in years? They make the terminals in a lot of different configurations. Just think through what you want to add and then find a match. Mine was likely a "Stinger" brand.:thumb:

treerootCO
11-24-2013, 04:40 PM
Buy 'em from Christo (he has them in stock) or...

Military Battery Terminals

NAPA part numbers:
NW728222 neg. terminal
NW728223 pos. terminal

Jacket
11-24-2013, 08:38 PM
Buy 'em from Christo (he has them in stock) or...

Military Battery Terminals

NAPA part numbers:
NW728222 neg. terminal
NW728223 pos. terminal

That's what I'm using too.

DanS
11-25-2013, 01:32 AM
That's what I'm using too.

That's what I generally do.

As of last week NAPA was only stocking one terminal though--no difference between positive and negative terminals. I checked with multiple stores and warehouses--in multiple states.

Dan

wesintl
11-25-2013, 10:23 AM
hensley has ordinance terminals

treerootCO
11-25-2013, 01:26 PM
That's what I generally do.

As of last week NAPA was only stocking one terminal though--no difference between positive and negative terminals. I checked with multiple stores and warehouses--in multiple states.

Dan

There is a huge difference! The negative post is smaller.

DanS
11-25-2013, 04:22 PM
There is a huge difference! The negative post is smaller.

That's what I said!

...And yet 6 different NAPAs are all telling me that they only carry the one terminal (the positive).

...And that the post size isn't different between the two.

I'm thinking NAPA isn't a good source for these any more, or at least, they printed one incorrect catalog and nobody at the part stores knows the difference.

Dan