PDA

View Full Version : 1983 FJ60 For Sale

cbmontgo
12-03-2013, 06:50 PM
*****sold*****

Selling my '83 FJ60. The skinny: 207k miles, $ 2,800.00. Classic desert tan with original old school pin stripes. Super reliable but has "patina".

I bought this in September from the original owner but have found an FJ62 (EFI) that I like better, so I am selling. I'm gonna list her on Ebay or CL soon I guess, but wanted to list here first.

Original paint. Typical rust on rear fenderwells, but the frame and the rest of the body are solid. It has way less rust than most Colorado FJ60s. I'd drive this thing to Alaska with no concerns.

The good:

Super original 60. Runs/stops/drives on the highway great. 4WD runs smoothly in high and low. Has a newly rebuilt tranny and water pump (I was told by the P.O. about 5,000 miles ago). Shifts better than any rig I've owned. I've put ~700 miles on the truck since September. I also just installed a new windshield and gasket. Original 2F with all emissions equipment intact.

The less good:

Paint is faded. Leaks a lot of oil. Stereo does not work. Needs driver's side window regulator replaced (I have a good used one that will be included in sale). Rear running lights don't work at night (but blinkers and brakes are fine). Has wear and tear as would be expected for a vehicle of this age, but nothing that keeps the truck from making it safely from A to B.

This would be a great work truck, trail rig, or snow commuter.

Clear Colorado title in hand.

PM me if you are interested.

cbmontgo
12-07-2013, 02:56 PM
*sold*