PDA

View Full Version : Trail Gear buys out Longfield Super Axles

Brucker
12-10-2013, 02:10 PM
With the passing of Bobby Long after his fight with cancer, Longfield Super Axles has been sold. Trail Gear purchased the company and plans to keep it going, including honoring all warranties! Here is the press release:

https://scontent-b-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/1450175_706785579345312_1956485209_n.jpg

Brucker
12-10-2013, 06:35 PM
*getting popcorn*

Really think it's that bad of an idea? Or just a TG hater?

I think it's VERY smart of Matt. Transforms a competitor into another couple successful, profitable product lines. Also think it will be great for those who have Longfield equipment already, as long as the quality sticks around for the new replacement parts.

Uncle Ben
12-10-2013, 07:17 PM
Hmmm.....what will they be called, Matt's Choicefields? Waltonfields? LongMesser's?

Brucker
12-10-2013, 11:35 PM
Hmmm.....what will they be called, Matt's Choicefields? Waltonfields? LongMesser's?

Probably should just call them RCV's, since they make both TG's dirty 30 and Longfield's. They have been the same since TG went to the 300M inner races.

Brucker
12-11-2013, 02:38 PM
Naw, just waiting to see the sparks fly.

What sparks? What exactly are you waiting for? :confused:

subzali
12-11-2013, 03:29 PM

This:
http://forum.ih8mud.com/chit-chat/787520-longfield-rip.html

http://forum.ih8mud.com/showpost.php?p=8959918&postcount=34

Brucker
12-11-2013, 04:05 PM
This:
http://forum.ih8mud.com/chit-chat/787520-longfield-rip.html

http://forum.ih8mud.com/showpost.php?p=8959918&postcount=34

So waiting for more rumors and false accusations?

I know companies can not be perfect and that there will always be someone unhappy with something. But TG must be doing something right since they continue to grow in size and product line. If they were truly the devil as some like to suggest, they wouldn't be able to continue as they would run out of customers and money quickly.

I have done business with TG for years now. I honestly haven't had a problem or issue with them for years. Customer service was been good, product quality has been decent, and they have always been willing to warranty items for us.

Uncle Ben
12-11-2013, 04:08 PM

Just another great product that will be cheaped out by Trailmart... :rip::borg::gaah::banghead::bawl:

subzali
12-11-2013, 04:57 PM
So waiting for more rumors and false accusations?

Just because you have had good experiences doesn't mean that everyone else's bad experiences are false accusations. I don't have a dog in this fight (have never tried to buy anything from them) but I was just sharing links to other discussions because you asked. I'm sure they have had good customer service for you as you say, so congratulations.

Brucker
12-11-2013, 05:49 PM
Just because you have had good experiences doesn't mean that everyone else's bad experiences are false accusations. I don't have a dog in this fight (have never tried to buy anything from them) but I was just sharing links to other discussions because you asked. I'm sure they have had good customer service for you as you say, so congratulations.

You are correct. I just get sick of the bashing bandwagon and came in hot. Should have used better words. TG has stepped up their game and now has stepped to the plate to purchase what was a great company.

Here's to hoping they keep it that way :beer:

And for those who would rather the bashing continue, just because this one made me giggle:

http://www.colorado4x4.org/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=16809&d=1386802967

mikeyhcrana
12-11-2013, 06:00 PM
Just another great product that will be cheaped out by Trailmart... :rip::borg::gaah::banghead::bawl:

Good, 'cause I can't afford much of the cool stuff as it costs now.

I'm very happy with my TG stuff, and I shop at WalMart. If time is money, I'm spending mine with my kids, not on overpriced stuff.

Brucker
12-11-2013, 06:57 PM
Mini truck people are some of the cheapest, most ghetto wheelers out there. I'm one of them, so I know.

Thanks. It's nice to hear your candid opinion about me and over half of my clients. (there needs to be a flipoff smiley)

If we are making generalities, why not stick it to the entire 4x4 community. Have you taken a look at what some wheelers call professional fabrication? One glance through Pirate, or any other forum for that matter, will easily show how it's not just mini truck owners. Everyone wants something for nothing.

Uncle Ben
12-11-2013, 08:00 PM
Hopefully we will meet soon, I'll buy you a Busch.

:beer: Cheers!

Fixed it for you....:lmao:

Brucker
12-11-2013, 08:21 PM
Hey man, no offense was meant. It was a joke.

I took it as such, hence why I stated there needs to be a flipoff smiley. :beer:

AxleIke
12-11-2013, 08:57 PM
Well, as usual, no tone and no context means I get everything all wrong! LOL!

:D

:beer:

mikeyhcrana
12-12-2013, 07:24 AM
My following post is in no way bashing Trail Gear. So, don't take it that way.

But...No.

The reason trail gear does well is that they sell a large number of products to mini truck people. Mini truck people are some of the cheapest, most ghetto wheelers out there. I'm one of them, so I know. We want a 100k rock crawler performance out of a truck, but want it for 200 bucks. Its insane. If you are curious, check out yotatech or the mini truck forum on Pirate. SOOOO many posts on "I'm on a tight budget, how do I trick out my ride for 1000 bucks?" or "what is the cheapest, best way to do x..." or "I want to buy a winch, but the cost of a superwinch or warn is ridiculous, can anyone comment on this chinese made winch for 35 bucks?"

"Cheapest" and "Best" very rarely go hand in hand.

The reason Trail Gear does well is that while there are several companies that sell similar products, in particular suspension and drivetrain products, Trail gear is the cheapest. They do the most business because, if you only have a certain amount of money, you may as well get the most modifications for your coin.

I'll let others sort out reliability. I don't have a stick in that fire.

Sorry for the rant. Cheapskates kinda get under my skin, despite the fact that I end up having to be one of them from time to time.

I agree, but I be that cheap skate. I got bad credit, and I live in a single wide, and your bashing is welcome if you think it's deserved. I don't get to enjoy this hobby if it weren't for a $2000 4runner, junk yards, and companies like TG. My challenge has been learning to have respect for yuppies.

MisledYouth
12-12-2013, 08:43 AM
http://i1269.photobucket.com/albums/jj589/zacharyfeiler/escalated.gif (http://s1269.photobucket.com/user/zacharyfeiler/media/escalated.gif.html)

AxleIke
12-12-2013, 08:52 AM
I agree, but I be that cheap skate. I got bad credit, and I live in a single wide, and your bashing is welcome if you think it's deserved. I don't get to enjoy this hobby if it weren't for a $2000 4runner, junk yards, and companies like TG. My challenge has been learning to have respect for yuppies.

Gotta read above man. I was being sarcastic and joking. I'm not bashing you. Sent you an apology in a PM.

AxleIke
12-12-2013, 09:09 AM
I removed my posts. I apologize to anyone who was offended. I can see they were in bad taste, and I hope their aren't any hard feelings. I thought I was being funny, but I always forget that I'm bad at humor :D:D:D:D

:beer:

baja1d
12-12-2013, 09:29 AM
My challenge has been learning to have respect for yuppies.

Especially when you fix their crap & they don't even offer to buy you a beer

Snowrun
12-12-2013, 09:59 AM
4baX8NfOEP0
That was almost as fun to watch as a Canadian Police chase. :thumb:

AxleIke
12-12-2013, 10:48 AM
http://i1269.photobucket.com/albums/jj589/zacharyfeiler/escalated.gif (http://s1269.photobucket.com/user/zacharyfeiler/media/escalated.gif.html)

4baX8NfOEP0
That was almost as fun to watch as a Canadian Police chase. :thumb:

I got it fellas. I was out of line. Its been deleted. Sorry.

MisledYouth
12-12-2013, 12:24 PM
Wasn't directed at you. The whole thread in general. Haha.

mikeyhcrana
12-12-2013, 05:30 PM
Gotta read above man. I was being sarcastic and joking. I'm not bashing you. Sent you an apology in a PM.

I won't accept any apology. There is no need for that. I actually got your humor, and I too was trying to be funny. I used bad grammar on purpose to represent the "ghetto" you refered to but, I really do live in a single wide. I would owe an apology too if any one does.

I really want to join RS. All humor aside, I have been wondering how or if I fit in though. I'm not challenged at respecting yuppies because they aren't worthy of respect. Its because I struggle with my own shortcomings. It's very intimidating coming to runs filled with bad ass Land Cruisers in a mini. I'm actually jealous not resentfull.

I have been wrong for judging people with money. I am changing my mind. I love my wife and kids more then anything. When I go wheeling I want to go with other family oriented people. That is why I am attracted to this thread, forum, and club.

AxleIke
12-12-2013, 08:21 PM
Hey man, that attitude is EXACTLY how you fit in with RS! And I know exactly what you mean. You, me, dave and others fit in pretty well even with our Minis! There are actually a number of really badass mini's in this club too! In the end, its all about enjoying the sport. Its what I love about this club.

Cheers!

baja1d
12-12-2013, 08:42 PM
Had I not just found another really cheap 40 there'd be another mini in RS

MountainGoat
12-12-2013, 11:03 PM
These days I wheel my stock 4Runner just as much as my 80 Series on 35s. You just gotta approach things differently. Literally. It's ALL good because Toyota four wheel drives are a blast. And that is really what this club is about: having fun wheeling. It doesn't matter who spent the most because nobody really cares. :D

If you're having fun then you can rest assured that you are doing it right. :thumb:

simps80
12-12-2013, 11:29 PM
These days I wheel my stock 4Runner just as much as my 80 Series on 35s. You just gotta approach things differently. Literally. It's ALL good because Toyota four wheel drives are a blast. And that is really what this club is about: having fun wheeling. It doesn't matter who spent the most because nobody really cares. :D

If you're having fun then you can rest assured that you are doing it right. :thumb:

3 likes and 2 thumbs up

Uncle Ben
12-13-2013, 08:27 AM
3 likes and 2 thumbs up

X2! :thumb::thumb:

Squishy!
12-13-2013, 09:32 AM
I won't accept any apology. There is no need for that. I actually got your humor, and I too was trying to be funny. I used bad grammar on purpose to represent the "ghetto" you refered to but, I really do live in a single wide. I would owe an apology too if any one does.

I really want to join RS. All humor aside, I have been wondering how or if I fit in though. I'm not challenged at respecting yuppies because they aren't worthy of respect. Its because I struggle with my own shortcomings. It's very intimidating coming to runs filled with bad ass Land Cruisers in a mini. I'm actually jealous not resentfull.

I have been wrong for judging people with money. I am changing my mind. I love my wife and kids more then anything. When I go wheeling I want to go with other family oriented people. That is why I am attracted to this thread, forum, and club.

Dude. I drive a rusted out mini with a ghetto rigged 3.4, hole in the hood, built with junkyard parts. On the complete opposite end is my dad with the most beautiful 4runner you'll ever see. What is awesome about RS is that we embody all walks of life as long as we share a love of Japanese 4x4. Welcome! I'd have a beer with you any day.

Uncle Ben
12-13-2013, 10:50 AM
On the complete opposite end is my dad with the most beautiful 4runner you'll ever see.

Is that what that thing is.....I couldn't tell through my welding helmet which is the only thing I can look at it through in the sun!

mikeyhcrana
12-13-2013, 01:55 PM
Hey man, that attitude is EXACTLY how you fit in with RS! And I know exactly what you mean. You, me, dave and others fit in pretty well even with our Minis! There are actually a number of really badass mini's in this club too! In the end, its all about enjoying the sport. Its what I love about this club.

Cheers!

Thank you.

Had I not just found another really cheap 40 there'd be another mini in RS

I love your 40, & the 80

These days I wheel my stock 4Runner just as much as my 80 Series on 35s. You just gotta approach things differently. Literally. It's ALL good because Toyota four wheel drives are a blast. And that is really what this club is about: having fun wheeling. It doesn't matter who spent the most because nobody really cares.

If you're having fun then you can rest assured that you are doing it right.

Yes, and I have had so much fun both times that I went with RS. Every one I have met is awesome. I really want an 80 just like yours one day.

Dude. I drive a rusted out mini with a ghetto rigged 3.4, hole in the hood, built with junkyard parts. On the complete opposite end is my dad with the most beautiful 4runner you'll ever see. What is awesome about RS is that we embody all walks of life as long as we share a love of Japanese 4x4. Welcome! I'd have a beer with you any day.

Thanks Justin. I was very impressed with you and your truck when we met, especially how you made the deal to get your supercharger. "Ghetto, or cheap" sounds bad so I use the term affordable. "Affordable" engineering can be some of the best found. My trucks use has not depreciated as much as it's value has, I consider that a bargain. Old trucks and even cheap aftermarket accessories benefit greatly from proper maintenance. I respect everything I have, even the smittybilt stuff. All equipment has a lifespan, you get out what you put in. I try to embody that, and make what I have now work.

Anyway I have been humbling myself about this and I do think I should apologize to the forum for throwing around the generalization and use of the word yuppy. I want to buy a house real bad but I can't save anything living week to week. I paid over $13,000 in income tax alone this year, more then 3x the price of my house in just one year. I was 22 when they said the economy was bad from 911, now I'm almost 35, and it's no easier. I'm tired of waiting for the economy to improve, I want to find a way to make what I have work to get a house before my kids are grown. I'm sorry for lashing out in generalities towards people in my frustration.

wesintl
12-13-2013, 02:28 PM
at least no one was called a hipster :lmao: yet...

I thought Cruiser owners were the cheapest. I mean they should run forever with no maintenance.

Uncle Ben
12-13-2013, 06:02 PM
at least no one was called a hipster :lmao: yet...

I thought Cruiser owners were the cheapest. I mean they should run forever with no maintenance.

Only because we weren't talking about you! You do humor us with your Hipster ways and we enjoy watching you wheel the Navigator and the Raider. Hopefully one day when you get a job and your wife stops supporting you you can buy a Toyota! :homer::guapo:

wesintl
12-13-2013, 06:37 PM
I thought you were going to replace the FORD emblem when you put the mini truck engine in your jeep? :D

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg33/howyadoinaz/wow/MVC-313S.jpg

Squishy!
12-13-2013, 06:43 PM
Is that what that thing is.....I couldn't tell through my welding helmet which is the only thing I can look at it through in the sun!

:lmao:

At least I'm told it is. I don't think we should have ever bought him that trail buffer.

Uncle Ben
12-13-2013, 09:33 PM
I thought you were going to replace the FORD emblem when you put the mini truck engine in your jeep? :D

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg33/howyadoinaz/wow/MVC-313S.jpg

I can't...its molded in to the whole plastic unibody!