PDA

View Full Version : Wasting brain cells with the uncertain future!

Get Outside
12-11-2013, 09:01 PM
Here is an example of when people spend too much time worrying about what they shouldn't!
:confused:
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/cto/4227123131.html

AxleIke
12-11-2013, 09:07 PM
Strange motivation, but I honestly like the cruiser a lot! Dang.

wesintl
12-11-2013, 09:17 PM
quite interesting. doubt he'd get to far with the propeller driven 2f. wonder how stable it is with the pontoons

smslavin
12-11-2013, 09:40 PM
and... if you don't have enough time drive out to storage, drag out those huge pontoons and bolt them to the side of your truck?

baja1d
12-11-2013, 10:29 PM
Wow, I'm speechless

Shotshell
12-11-2013, 11:08 PM
There's two ideas merged into one thing, that never should have happened.

I'd buy it. Then take all that crap off of it. Leave the Cruiser alone. And then build a custom pontoon fishing boat. Those are really nice pontoons. It wouldn't take much to make them into a nice little fishing boat. Then use the Cruiser to pull it around. lol

DaveInDenver
12-12-2013, 05:18 AM
There's two ideas merged into one thing, that never should have happened.

I'd buy it. Then take all that crap off of it. Leave the Cruiser alone. And then build a custom pontoon fishing boat. Those are really nice pontoons. It wouldn't take much to make them into a nice little fishing boat. Then use the Cruiser to pull it around. lol
Why do all that, then you have to store the boat and you never have it when you might need or want it. Don't you see the brilliance of a Cruisetoon boat? I dig it. Just like people who replace their tires with tracks for snow. Necessity is the mother of invention!

LARGEONE
12-12-2013, 07:07 AM
The only problem with the cruiser is all of the crazy spring perches he modified! Take a look at the front and rear. Basically to get the lift, he lowered the fixed end of the leafs way down.

I just can't believe he is selling for $20K...he must have at least double that or maybe triple into all the pontoons, welding work, etc. Unless he made every bit of it himself, then he might ONLY have $25K :)

Crazy...I dig the ingenuity, but it really only makes sense if you're trying to get on the Doomsday Prepper show on TV. I would love to see the FJ-Boat in action, though!

simps80
12-12-2013, 07:41 AM
saved for posterity surprised the grill police haven't said anything yet :-)

60wag
12-12-2013, 08:45 AM
I'm surprised that there aren't any photos of the thing using the pontoons. It makes me wonder if he found a design flaw that bagged the project. It looks like the PTO shaft is powering a hydraulic pump. Maybe the propeller was intended to run off a hydraulic motor.

MDH33
12-12-2013, 08:46 AM
It would be kind of neat if you owned an island or something. Might be kind of fun on placid water. Other than that, I just don't get it. Any kind of real emergency type flood or tsunami and that thing would be a death trap. :rolleyes:

Rezarf
12-12-2013, 09:29 AM
Man, I love the cruiser. Anyone know what wheels those are? I LOVE them they look modern and classic all at once.

I bet those pontoons increase his mileage.

Get Outside
12-12-2013, 10:20 AM
Glad you guys enjoyed as well! I really like the cruiser, it's just all the effort trying to make an anchor float around during a tsunami. Really?
I agree it would made more sense build a nice little boat w those huge things n have the cruiser haul it!
Note the guy selling talks about the previous owner building it and never finishing! That means he bought it probably meaning toget it done!
Ha ha!

OilHammer
12-12-2013, 06:12 PM
I think it has practical uses...like crossing the dirty devil. lol

LARGEONE
12-13-2013, 07:16 PM
I think it has practical uses...like crossing the dirty devil. lol

;)