PDA

View Full Version : 1992 Camry Needs a New Home

jps8460
12-18-2013, 06:59 PM
Hi All,

I have 1992 Toyota Camry with 208000mi 2.2L auto trans that needs a new home. I would prefer it go to someone in need. The yota-yard basically offered me scrap price for it, and I don't really need the money, so I thought I would see if there was much interest in it.

It is free, I have no idea if it will pass CO emissions. It would be cool if this could help someone in dire need of transportation, but I really don't care what you do with it.

Will post pics later....

Good...
Title In Hand
Runs and drives well (recently been back and forth to Iowa and daily commuter from Denver to Bolder.)
Gets about 25mpg in city and about 31 on the highway
about 3000 miles on full front brake job
timing belt and water pump and oil pump about 40,000 ago.
New radiator and pass. CV and trans filter about 60,000mi ago
A/c works fine

Bad....
-Leaks/burns about 2qts oil every 3000mi (no noticeable smoke...I don't think)
-Leaks P/s fluid (still works fine)
-Short trips can create a no-start condition (this is the range selector sensor or cable adjustment 73$ at rock auto) if the no start situation happens, you can tap the sensor with a screw driver, or bypass the park/neutral safety in the fuse box...free training)
-Drivers corner light is broken
-will need new tires in 3-4k miles
-Paint is sun faded

If nobody is interested or picks it up by the 1st of the year, I'll take it to the yard.

PM me if you're interested.....beer is always welcome if you feel the need to provide some type of payment.

I don't really wan't to deal with answering a million craigslisters....that why I figured I would put it on here.

Thanks Everyone, hopefully it can help someone out.

Cheers,
Jackson

Squishy!
12-18-2013, 08:46 PM
I can always find someone in need. I'll keep you posted.

:Edit: I actually do know someone. I'll jump first in line.

jps8460
12-18-2013, 09:14 PM
cool it's yours, i'm free this weekend and anytime after five next week, minus the 24th and 25th.

80Series
12-18-2013, 10:09 PM
2nd if anything comes up.

rckhound
12-19-2013, 10:07 AM
Wow. Cant believe your getting rid of that thing. What did you buy?!

ianacole
12-19-2013, 03:27 PM
Put me in line please ... sounds like a great starter car for my oldest.

RockRunner
12-19-2013, 04:52 PM
If all fall through I have a friend with three kids that needs a car. If not this one he can pay up to $7-800 right now I think.

Squishy!
12-19-2013, 05:35 PM
My friend fell through so I'm backing out. Looks like a lot of need for it elsewhere!

Art Volmer
12-19-2013, 08:52 PM
I run a non-profit Good Neighbor Garage (http://goodneighborgarage.org/) that matches the working poor with reliable transportation.

If you want to go that way we offer enterprise zone credit for state taxes.

I also have some low priced cars there now if people are looking.

Corbet
12-20-2013, 10:31 AM
Reminds me of this: http://forum.ih8mud.com/chit-chat/662085-giving-away-rizzabella.html

Fishy
12-20-2013, 12:04 PM
Hi All,

It is free, I have no idea if it will pass CO emissions. It would be cool if this could help someone in dire need of transportation, Thanks Everyone, hopefully it can help someone out.

Cheers,
Jackson

Cool thing for you to do Jackson. Pay it forward, it will come back when you need it. :cheers:

jps8460
12-20-2013, 07:22 PM
That's nice of you to say Stan. The car is on its way home with its new owner.

I got that Camry the year I graduated high school. A quick story if you have time........kind of sad to see it leave.

A lady came into the parts store that I worked at and said that she had a broken down Camry in her driveway that her neighbor tried to fix and was unsuccessful. Free come and get it!

I went to take a peak at it and it was the Camry (aka...the booger). the passenger side of the motor was completely torn down parts in the back seat and trunk). It had a bad timing belt and 97000 miles on it.

I managed to get it put back together in a couple weekends, and had about the nicest car I'd ever owned (8 brothers and sisters.....if you know what I mean).

I put over 100,000 miles on it and maybe have put $1000 in wear and tear parts into it (obviously no labor charges)......damn good car.

hopefully it has a little more life left in it for its new owner.

-Jackson