PDA

View Full Version : New member, but not new to wheeling

Ray 2014
12-31-2013, 08:28 AM
I thought I would introduce myself, My wife and I of 30 years live in Longmont, we just sold a family member of 15 years, our custom built 92 Wrangler built for rock Crawling, but we purchased a 2009 Tacoma 4-door TRD Off Road. We are members of the Trail Ridge Runners for wheel drive club in Longmont, members for 14 years.
We want to do a small build on the Tacoma, we are done doing level 10 trails, we have been doing more senic trails in Colorado and Utah so it was time for something more road worthy with A/C and radio you can hear going down I-70.
I've always liked Tacoma's so with EVERYONE owning Rubicons, I'm now the Black Sheep with the Traill Ridge Runners, but thats ok, I can take the jokes, and hand them out.
We will try to make the next meeting on the 8th at Stevenson Toyota.

I have always been the leader for the TRR snow runs, I would like to go on the Snow bashing trip in January, but for the first time will be towards the end due to no winch yet and only a small lift with 30" tires.
We JUST bought the tacoma 2 weeks ago. Front Locker going in first, then all the other stuff.. I will need input as the build goes, know nothing about Tacoma's..Jeeps..yes..Tacoma..No..

BournID
12-31-2013, 09:05 AM
Welcome! My brother n law Rich Boddy and nephew Ryan Boddy use to belong and were active in Trail Ridge when they lived in the area, they too had the lone Toyotas in the club.

Look forward to meeting you,

Tom

Corbet
12-31-2013, 09:32 AM
Welcome :thumb:

Inukshuk
12-31-2013, 09:49 AM
Welcome!

That's a great platform. Kurt Williams - http://www.cruiseroutfitters.com/ - has one of the best expedition builds for that truck.

Sliders, bumpers and more locally from http://www.sleeoffroad.com/

I have shared many adventures in the West alongside people with Tacos

coloradobound
12-31-2013, 10:05 AM
Toytec lifts has tons of suspension options and is local as well. Great guys and great products.

LARGEONE
12-31-2013, 10:22 AM
Welcome! Hope to meet you at the meeting.

Kenon698
12-31-2013, 10:27 AM
Welcome:thumb:

AxleIke
12-31-2013, 11:18 AM
Welcome!!! Sounds like you are well on your way! A front locker will be quite a nice addition to that rig.

One of the Many Matt's here in the club (joke) who goes by Jacket online, had a very nicely set up Taco of that generation before selling it to go over to a Land Cruiser. However, he can certainly point you towards various companies for armor and the like, should you need advice.

Also, should you need help with the front locker, Robbie (powderpig online here) runs his own business, and is VERY good at setting up gears and lockers. I highly recommend his services! He's very reasonable and hes in the Boulder area.

Cheers, and looking forward to meeting you!!

Rezarf
12-31-2013, 04:01 PM
Welcome Ray 2014, the best thing you could do to set up that Taco correctly is let your wife drive it and buy a Land Cruiser!

Kidding of course, looking forward to seeing your build and meeting you!

Shotshell
12-31-2013, 06:06 PM
Welcome Ray 2014, the best thing you could do to set up that Taco correctly is let your wife drive it and buy a Land Cruiser!

Hardy-har-harů

lol

Ray 2014
12-31-2013, 11:32 PM
Welcome! My brother n law Rich Boddy and nephew Ryan Boddy use to belong and were active in Trail Ridge when they lived in the area, they too had the lone Toyotas in the club.

Look forward to meeting you,

Tom

I know Ryan, did many trails over the years before he moved to the Western slope, miss that poke a dot beat up rig he had.