PDA

View Full Version : 1972 FJ40 for sale $20k OBO

torg82
01-06-2014, 04:37 PM
I bought this just under a year ago on eBay with the intention of keeping it for the long-haul. Unexpected financial commitments and time have forced me to sell. My loss is your gain.

Recently upgraded to 4 wheel disc brakes and aluminum radiator. Major improvement over the stock drum brakes.

Apparently, the previous owner told me there was over $32K invested. The work that was completed on this rig was done around 2008 and listed below:
-Body was taken down to bare metal, sandblasted, primed and professionally painted a beautiful forest green. Paint is in good condition for being 5 years old.
-Frame was sandblasted and painted
-A full rebuilt custom Chevy 350 V8
-New Automatic Transmission with Lokar shifter
-Aftermarket Centerline Aluminum Wheels w Spare Wheel
-Aftermarket 33x12.5 Wildcat Extreme Tires with full size spare
-Custom CD Stereo system hidden nicely in tufty center console
-Kill switch in tufty center console
-Warn XD9000 winch
-Power Steering
-4 wheel disc brake upgrade
-Custom Gauge Cluster mounted under dash
-3.5 Rancho Suspension lift with Rancho RS5000 shocks
-New Best Top Soft top
-Custom Grant GT Steering wheels
-Custom fabricated rear steel bumper with rear tail light cutouts, trailer hitch and tow hooks
-New Powder coated full roll cage
-All New Glass and Rubber
-Two new batteries

In Full Disclosure:
-There is a small ~2 scratch behind the passenger door
-Some minor paint chipping
-Carburetor needs adjustment and engine needs tune up.

Also included with this vehicle are:
-Side and rear panels for the hard top, but don't have the fiberglass top and rain gutter pieces.
-Bikini top included.
-Black diamond plated half doors.
-Various weatherstripping.

This truck is ready to go right now.
PM me for additional pictures. This truck is also listed on Ebay.

simps80
01-06-2014, 04:47 PM
should I be the first bib police?

Rezarf
01-07-2014, 10:39 AM
should I be the first bib police?

It doesn't count if it isn't white... :thumb:

Great looking cruiser, for 20K I'd want to see every nook and cranny with pics. Good luck with the sale, its a nice 40!

torg82
01-07-2014, 11:27 AM
It doesn't count if it isn't white... :thumb:

Great looking cruiser, for 20K I'd want to see every nook and cranny with pics. Good luck with the sale, its a nice 40!

Thanks for the words of encouragement. I seem to get a lot of flack on some of these forums. I do have detailed photos which the previous owner took. I'll try and post them later today.

As far as selling the rig, I'm trying to sell it fast so I'm open to offers.

nakman
01-07-2014, 11:50 AM
Thanks for the words of encouragement. I seem to get a lot of flack on some of these forums. I do have detailed photos which the previous owner took. I'll try and post them later today.

As far as selling the rig, I'm trying to sell it fast so I'm open to offers.

Well we'll try to keep the flack positive.. pretty looking truck for sure, but generally for that kind of coin a 40 needs to be restored and very much close to stock, or it needs to be some crazy rock crawlin' beast that could climb anything. Yours is kinda stuck in the middle here...

the big flags are the front bezel- that thing around the headlights? It's upside down. Also 350 conversions are scary endeavors for many, particularly the ones who are more loyal to the brand, as can be found on these forums. You just don't know what kind of electrical, exhaust, and cooling issues you're going to inherit- to overcome that you're going to have to really spell out the details. I suspect you'll have better luck on ebay, where the potential for an impulse decision is a little higher, and/or budgets are a little freer. thanks for posting, and GLWS! :thumb: