View Full Version : source for pipe T connection?

01-07-2014, 11:36 AM
Hey folks, I have been scouring the internets looking for a suitable connector for a new roof rack application, and have been coming up empty. I am tempted to design and mold the things myself, but keep thinking this is so common surely someone has already developed this. So if anyone has a good source for these, or can point me to one, I'd sure appreciate it.. and would make it worth your while!

here are the specs:

-must fit 1" OD pipe. could also fit 25.4mm pipe
-must be split in the middle- this needs to be able to be installed last, can be threaded on during assembly.
-can be plastic (GF Nylon or similar) or metal (steel). black color would also be nice.
-reasonably priced, and readily available. US made is preferred!

This one would be just about perfect, except that it's for 1.25" OD pipe and they don't make a smaller one (yes, I contacted them). http://www.jwwinco.com/products/section17/an250/index.html


Here is another potential solution, but I don't have an Alibaba account and would rather deal with someone in this hemisphere. http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/587491322/rotationg_pipe_connector_metal_joint_for.html but that shows you pretty much what I'm looking for.

01-07-2014, 11:49 AM
Tim, have you searched gaffers supply or grip supply? Looks like something used for sound/video/stage stuff.

01-07-2014, 12:00 PM
Tim, have you searched gaffers supply or grip supply? Looks like something used for sound/video/stage stuff.

I have, some, there's also some options in the music industry as well. But they all seem to command a premium.. for example here's a really pretty one for $33.25, in Canada, and out of stock.



01-07-2014, 12:12 PM
Tim, try marine hardware for deck rails... should find something there.

01-07-2014, 01:10 PM
hey thanks, nice tip! man who knew.. :)

01-07-2014, 03:45 PM
Probalby not even close to what you are looking for as its not split, but may be able to be installed later?



01-07-2014, 03:49 PM
I immediately thought about the hardware they use on school and RTD buses & trains for the hand rails. No idea who makes it, though if you spoke Chinese it might help to call them.



01-07-2014, 05:23 PM
Right on, thanks guys. "handrail clamps" seems to have opened up a slightly new door here..