PDA

View Full Version : Raffle truck update, 03 September, 2006

El Jefe
09-04-2006, 12:09 AM
Sorry I haven't updated in a while, but progress has been slow what with the summer and all. The biggest news is that the engine is about ready to go in the truck. I've only seen pictures so far, but from what I've seen, Kevin has gone above and beyond any ordinary rebuild by a long shot. Mucho thanks, Kev!

This week, we're planning on ordering the springs from Alcan, and wheels/tires from 4 Wheel Parts. We're still trying to source an extended range tank. Not much luck from MAF, but we haven't given up yet.

We held a committee meeting today at Ige's. Laid out plans for the rest of the project. One thing we all agreed on is that this is a Club project, and should involve as many club members as possible...not just the committee. At our last work day, we had about a dozen folks show up to help. We'd like to see that for the rest of the work days. These days are not just about working on the truck. It's about socializing, swapping stories, along with getting some work done. Now that the Rally is over, this will be the main project for the club through the end of year...at least till the CM2007 planning heats up.

Once we get parts delivered, the real work will begin. I won't post the entire list here, but we will be pulling axles, installing a lift, installing an engine, etc. This is a great way to learn how to work on the trucks, and not risk jacking up your own rig while you learn! Plus, there will be plenty of knowlegeable folks there too, so you can pick people's brains.

Expect more details at the meeting on Wednesday. Once we have an idea of when parts will show up, I'll schedule work days. Most of the grunt work will be finished this weekend.

Thx!
Chris

corsair23
09-04-2006, 02:54 AM
El Jefe,

Cool name!! That is my nickname amongst my friends as well...LOL

Anyway, I mentioned this to Ige (I think that was who) awhile back that I have a washer bottle with dual pumps that I was told came off a late model FJ60...That was the claim anyway when I bought it. I was going to adapt it for use on my '76 FJ40 that I've since sold.

Anyway, if you guys can use it it is yours! Assuming you still need one for the project FJ60 I could post up some pics of it if that would help to make sure it is what you need. Otherwise it is just a matter or figuring out how to get it to someone.

Just let me know either way!

Thanks

nuclearlemon
09-04-2006, 08:35 AM
El Jefe,

Cool name!! That is my nickname amongst my friends as well...LOL

Anyway, I mentioned this to Ige (I think that was who) awhile back that I have a washer bottle with dual pumps that I was told came off a late model FJ60...That was the claim anyway when I bought it. I was going to adapt it for use on my '76 FJ40 that I've since sold.

Anyway, if you guys can use it it is yours! Assuming you still need one for the project FJ60 I could post up some pics of it if that would help to make sure it is what you need. Otherwise it is just a matter or figuring out how to get it to someone.

Just let me know either way!

Thanks
yes, we can still use it....thanks

El Jefe
09-04-2006, 10:24 PM
Thanks, Corsair!

Chris

corsair23
09-04-2006, 11:01 PM
Sounds good!!

Chris, you're in Centennial I see. I'm in the Highlands Ranch area and work in Littleton. Whenever you think you're ready for the washer bottle let me know and we can meet up. I'll just keep it stashed in the garage with the bazillion other parts I have ;)

I don't think I have any other FJ60 specific parts but I can look. And, if it is possible to come watch (and maybe even help) you all on the FJ60 that would be great!

Jeff