PDA

View Full Version : FJ60/2 seat parts - Toyota

SteveH
01-20-2014, 06:52 AM
Cosmetically challenged left over parts from my Seat-Repair-O-Rama. I bought numerous seats to repair the dog-chewed seats in my '62.

Pass. side parts in the first photo, and driver's side parts n 2nd photo. All three seat backs are decent, and the pass. side ones are very nice.

This is mostly hardware for sale, as the foam and seat covers are pretty weary. Still, they could be laundered and rehabbed. The dog-chewed stuff is for repair of another seat cover. I will likely keep the seat slide rails and toss the rest if no one is interested.

$20 for everything in both photos.

Let me know ASAP, as I have a vehicle headed to the crusher and may add this stuff to the load. Thanks - Steve

MDH33
01-20-2014, 12:30 PM
Steve, what did you end up using for covers? I saw that SOR has some vinyl covers now. I was thinking about just throwing some new foam in and going with their Tuff Duck covers at some point. I have a complete front set that I was planning on cannibalizing. Any advice since you've just done it?

SteveH
01-20-2014, 04:10 PM
I searched the world (well, Mud and eBay) and found decent seats (for the foam) and seat covers, and used all old/OEM stuff. Passenger's side seat covers often survive, and a good wash in the washing machine will do wonders for them.

I would have loved to have used SOR's new foam, but $200 for the lower foam was just too steep. I had to rehab the foam here and there, and restitch the seat covers that I found online, but the parts are out there. I really dislike seat covers, so I wanted factory fabric. Sadly, FJ60 seats aren't great, even when in good repair, so I have very authentic, if not super comfortable seats now. I may angle the driver's seat up a bit to get better thigh support, and the dead-pedal in the FJ62 prevents you from stretching your leg out, so I may yank that.

The SOR-made seat covers I put in 3 different trucks ('65 FJ45, '78 FJ40, '80 FJ40) have fit incredibly well. SOR knows what they are doing and you cannot have a local shop make you pair of custom seat covers that fit so well for ~375.

MDH33
01-20-2014, 05:07 PM
Thanks, good advice. :thumb:

I bet I can come up with good foam and covers for both with the 4 seats have. Once they are fixed up, covers might not be a bad idea just to keep them looking good and I've liked the feel of the tuff duck Sor covers.

Corbet
01-20-2014, 07:19 PM
You might also check with Paul at Equipt for covers. He had some that were very similar in fell to the SOR but had more pockets. And who can't use more pockets for little stuff:thumb:

http://www.equipt1.com/companies/Seat%20Covers/category-eg/407489-seat-covers/

MDH33
01-20-2014, 07:37 PM
You might also check with Paul at Equipt for covers. He had some that were very similar in fell to the SOR but had more pockets. And who can't use more pockets for little stuff:thumb:

http://www.equipt1.com/companies/Seat%20Covers/category-eg/407489-seat-covers/

Those look awesome. Unfortunately doesn't look like they're available for the 60 and $460 is way out of the budget. :o