PDA

View Full Version : Outlaws Run 2014

bh4rnnr
01-22-2014, 01:02 PM
Outlaws Run 2014

When: October 4-12 2014

Where: 3 state run; New Mexico, Colorado, Utah.

Some minor highlights: Folsom train robbery, Wagon Mound New Mexico, Silverton Narrow Gauge, To-Hell-You-Ride, Ma-Vida and the La Salty Mountains. Lots still to do for planning, but looking to be another awesome year, plus it's # 10:cool:.

Hopefully most of the past Outlaws can make it this year:).

First Outlaws: San Rafael Swell.

Outlaws '05. Swell Run #2.

Outlaws '06: Swell Run #3.

Outlaws '07: Henry Mountains.

Outlaws '08: Robbers Roost.

Outlaws '09: Wyoming Run.

:beer::beer:

bh4rnnr
01-22-2014, 01:05 PM
Outlaws '11: Montana Run.

Outlaws '12: Swell Run #4.

Outlaws '13: Wyoming Run #2.

CardinalFJ60
01-22-2014, 02:08 PM
In like Flynn.

Hulk
01-22-2014, 02:31 PM
Sign me up!

Jacket
01-22-2014, 04:46 PM
Saweet! Is that Mi-vida (the Uranium mine) on your destinations list or somewhere else?

Fishy
01-22-2014, 05:33 PM
I just requested the time off work. Enough is enough...... gotta get on this one!

Caribou Sandstorm
01-22-2014, 05:41 PM
I would like to join for part of the run, might not be able to do the whole run.

MDH33
01-22-2014, 06:32 PM
looks super :cool: Perry. I'm going to try again! :beer:

wesintl
01-22-2014, 06:48 PM
I'll put it on the calendar but I gotta see what I draw for muzzleloading

Woodsman
01-22-2014, 06:50 PM
Your pics are a reminder of how many of these I've missed.

Sign me up and I'll plan on making it two in a row !

bh4rnnr
01-23-2014, 06:36 AM
In like Flynn.

:cool:

Sign me up!

:thumb:

Saweet! Is that Mi-vida (the Uranium mine) on your destinations list or somewhere else?

Yep, Mr. Steens money maker.

I just requested the time off work. Enough is enough...... gotta get on this one!

Sweet, will be fun to have you along this year.

I would like to join for part of the run, might not be able to do the whole run.

Maybe the Colorado/Utah Section?

looks super :cool: Perry. I'm going to try again! :beer:

Sure hope you can make it Martin! Been to long...

I'll put it on the calendar but I gotta see what I draw for muzzleloading

Your pics are a reminder of how many of these I've missed.

Sign me up and I'll plan on making it two in a row !

Looks like your hooked on the run:hill:.

:beer:

rover67
01-23-2014, 09:09 AM
Alright Amigo, it's on the calendar, I will try my best to make it work this year!!!!!!!!!!

cruiseroutfit
01-23-2014, 02:09 PM
Insky

smslavin
01-23-2014, 07:41 PM
i, too, have put this on my calendar and am going to do everything i can to make it work. we're in the process of reorganizing our lives that should make trips like these easier for me to make.

bh4rnnr
01-24-2014, 06:40 AM
Alright Amigo, it's on the calendar, I will try my best to make it work this year!!!!!!!!!!

i, too, have put this on my calendar and am going to do everything i can to make it work. we're in the process of reorganizing our lives that should make trips like these easier for me to make.

Hope you guys can make it!

bh4rnnr
01-24-2014, 06:41 AM
Insky

:cool:.

VBRoamer
01-25-2014, 10:46 AM
I put it on the calendar. Working on a way to be gone for the two weeks (total). Wish me luck.

Vince

smslavin
01-25-2014, 11:59 AM
Hope you guys can make it!

Count me in. My dad, who just bought a place downtown to be closer to the girls, is going to join me and possibly my brother. Time to get busy selling the FJ...

..:: Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk ::..

Uncle Nakdude
01-25-2014, 12:42 PM
I foresee explosions in the desert. Otherwise, the future is murky.

bh4rnnr
01-25-2014, 03:32 PM
I put it on the calendar. Working on a way to be gone for the two weeks (total). Wish me luck.

Vince

Yeah buddy!!!

Count me in. My dad, who just bought a place downtown to be closer to the girls, is going to join me and possibly my brother. Time to get busy selling the FJ...

..:: Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk ::..

Sweet.

I foresee explosions in the desert. Otherwise, the future is murky.

We got a full week to make things go boom:D.

smslavin
01-27-2014, 01:18 PM
not sure how i missed this the first time around (probably because there's three of them) but piper turns 6 on 10/5. i know planning is still early but would it be possible to catch up to you on the 6th or 7th and then be on for the remainder?

bh4rnnr
01-28-2014, 06:36 AM
not sure how i missed this the first time around (probably because there's three of them) but piper turns 6 on 10/5. i know planning is still early but would it be possible to catch up to you on the 6th or 7th and then be on for the remainder?

Yeah, should be easy enough. Looking to have us camp around Wagon Mound, and out side of Taos in the Rio Grand Gorge. From there we will be making our way to Chama and SW Co.

smslavin
01-28-2014, 08:23 AM
Yeah, should be easy enough. Looking to have us camp around Wagon Mound, and out side of Taos in the Rio Grand Gorge. From there we will be making our way to Chama and SW Co.

awesome. :thumb:

Corbet
01-28-2014, 09:50 AM
OK, looks like my backyard. I'll see what I can do but between work and Elk season later in the month again its hard for me to pull it off. Call me somewhat tentatively in.

bh4rnnr
01-29-2014, 07:44 PM
OK, looks like my backyard. I'll see what I can do but between work and Elk season later in the month again its hard for me to pull it off. Call me somewhat tentatively in.

Hope you can make it this year!!!

Some thoughts: I want to set a day aside to ride the Silverton Narrow Gauge. Fitting for what where doing. This: http://www.durangotrain.com/ride-us/presidential-class looked classy and interesting.

Has any one in the group rode the Silverton? Trying to figure out logistics....

Hulk
01-29-2014, 07:52 PM
Hope you can make it this year!!!

Some thoughts: I want to set a day aside to ride the Silverton Narrow Gauge. Fitting for what where doing. This: http://www.durangotrain.com/ride-us/presidential-class looked classy and interesting.

Has any one in the group rode the Silverton? Trying to figure out logistics....

It's cool, but there's no reason to run it both ways.

admin
01-29-2014, 08:07 PM
http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/uploads/perry/Outlaws Run 2013-Medium.mp4

cruiseroutfit
01-29-2014, 08:56 PM
http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/uploads/perry/Outlaws Run 2013-Medium.mp4

Inukshuk
01-29-2014, 10:40 PM
I put it on the calendar. Working on a way to be gone for the two weeks (total). Wish me luck. Vince

I was mostly convinced when Vince said he'd go ....

but then I remembered geysers, range safety officers, Russian helicopters, lot lizards, broken shocks, flat nasties, airborne chips ahoys, shattered windows, spaghetti dinners, quicksand, pictos, petros, trail babes (see pic) stickers, crashed airplanes, and finally, I have the hat, holster, and want my own Music Video. Lets go :camping:

DanS
01-30-2014, 10:13 AM
I'm hoping to be in.

I have ridden the D&SNG, and the Cumbres and Toltec (Chama-Antonito).

I think the scenery is more spectacular on the C&TS--ESPECIALLY that time of year. In fact, we usually ride it right around that time of year, and this year it may be October 4 anyway.

C&TS also isn't as "touristy" as the D&SNG, meaning you can wander around the yards and look at awesomely cool machinery.

Dan

rover67
01-30-2014, 01:58 PM
OK, I'm in!

AxleIke
01-30-2014, 04:14 PM
Seriously want to join. Too far ahead at this point since I have no idea what will be going on that time of year.

Inukshuk
01-30-2014, 09:50 PM
Seriously want to join. Too far ahead at this point since I have no idea what will be going on that time of year.

What will be going on that time of year is what you say will be going on. Say "Outlaws Run" :cool:

bh4rnnr
02-01-2014, 11:05 AM
I'm hoping to be in.

I have ridden the D&SNG, and the Cumbres and Toltec (Chama-Antonito).

I think the scenery is more spectacular on the C&TS--ESPECIALLY that time of year. In fact, we usually ride it right around that time of year, and this year it may be October 4 anyway.

C&TS also isn't as "touristy" as the D&SNG, meaning you can wander around the yards and look at awesomely cool machinery.

Dan

Thanks for the input. Will take a look at the C&TS this weekend.

Regarding both of them. Is transportation provided if you only ride the train one way? Say Silverton to Durango. As much fun as it would be to do an out and back on the trains there's still a bit of ground to cover (still trying to figure out logistics).

OK, I'm in!

What will be going on that time of year is what you say will be going on. Say "Outlaws Run" :cool:

Yeah, what else would you be doing in the fall?

Just about to the point of cutting off the run. Looks like Paul May is in and i'm hopping Robbie and Ige will be kind enough to tag along.

Old40Dog
02-02-2014, 08:42 AM
Whoa! Been kinda busy and almost missed this thread. IN!

Inukshuk
02-02-2014, 10:55 AM

:rolleyes: Man, you were already in. Once an Outlaw... :cool:

bh4rnnr
02-02-2014, 02:08 PM

Already had you on the list:p:.

And yeah, will be closing the run due to size. Looking to be a great group for the run this year:cool:.

Old40Dog
02-02-2014, 02:30 PM
Thanks Guys! :D

Maybe some points of interest in the area(s).

Northwest NM Ghost Towns
Colfax
Dawson
Elizabethtown
Pittsburg

Southwest CO Ghost Towns
Juanita
Pagosa Junction
Osier

NM Forts
Cantonment Burgwin (also known as Fort Burgwin)
Hacienda de los Martinez
Ft Union

And of course....the Hot Springs in Pagosa!

Inukshuk
02-02-2014, 10:38 PM
Maybe some points of interest in the area(s).

Pagosa Junction

And of course....the Hot Springs in Pagosa!

Pagosa Junction is a drive by only. Everything off the road is posted no trespassing Ute Tribal land.

No offense, but this crew is not anything I need to see in any hot springs! :eek:

VBRoamer
02-03-2014, 03:54 PM
We did the Durango Silverton railroad about 4 years ago. It was definitely scenic. It returns from Silverton the same day, so you can collect your vehicle once you're back. Bettie did the round trip, but I got off part way up and took the zipline, which was huge fun. Take the cable lift up a tree about 150', walk around the open platform on the tree, clip on the zipline and step off. Land on the next platform, unclip, walk around, re-clip and away you go. We made 32 traverses from tree, mostly across a river with Class 5 rapids. Here's the link: http://ziplinedurangoco.com/

DanS
02-03-2014, 09:57 PM
Thanks for the input. Will take a look at the C&TS this weekend.

I just learned that I have to fly out of town on wednesday, so I'll miss the meeting. Otherwise I'd just catch you there. Basic difference between the two: C&TS is owned by the states, and is a living museum--D&SNG is a for profit historic railroad. In terms of scenery, the C&TS goes over the mountains, and the D&SNG goes up a canyon. In my opinion, the views not he C&TS are infinitely better.

Regarding both of them. Is transportation provided if you only ride the train one way? Say Silverton to Durango. As much fun as it would be to do an out and back on the trains there's still a bit of ground to cover (still trying to figure out logistics).

It can be. D&SNG is more restrictive in terms of schedule, but the C&TS has options to ride the train from Chama to Osier, then back to Chama (or a round trip from Antonito to Osier), or you can ride the train one way and catch a bus back (depends on the day, some days you ride the bus first, then catch the train).

You can also drive some good FR roads all the way to Osier and chase the train--there's also some good camping spots, and a metric ton of aspens. Here's the 40 meeting the train at Osier, and the 40 amongst a stunning aspen grove (BTW--is there anything more photogenic than an 854 40 in the aspens? I doubt it.)

Dan

Hulk
02-03-2014, 10:51 PM
Pagosa Junction is a drive by only. Everything off the road is posted no trespassing Ute Tribal land.

No offense, but this crew is not anything I need to see in any hot springs! :eek:

We did an epic hot springs stop on the Outlaws Run 2013. Pagosa Springs for a couple of hours would be fine with me. If you don't want to see Perry's cut abs and my chiseled thighs, that's yer loss, man.

bh4rnnr
02-04-2014, 06:38 AM
I just learned that I have to fly out of town on wednesday, so I'll miss the meeting. Otherwise I'd just catch you there. Basic difference between the two: C&TS is owned by the states, and is a living museum--D&SNG is a for profit historic railroad. In terms of scenery, the C&TS goes over the mountains, and the D&SNG goes up a canyon. In my opinion, the views not he C&TS are infinitely better.

It can be. D&SNG is more restrictive in terms of schedule, but the C&TS has options to ride the train from Chama to Osier, then back to Chama (or a round trip from Antonito to Osier), or you can ride the train one way and catch a bus back (depends on the day, some days you ride the bus first, then catch the train).

You can also drive some good FR roads all the way to Osier and chase the train--there's also some good camping spots, and a metric ton of aspens. Here's the 40 meeting the train at Osier, and the 40 amongst a stunning aspen grove (BTW--is there anything more photogenic than an 854 40 in the aspens? I doubt it.)

Dan

Thanks for the info. We have it planned to ride the train one day for Outlaws. Probably camp in that area around Osier.

We did an epic hot springs stop on the Outlaws Run 2013. Pagosa Springs for a couple of hours would be fine with me. If you don't want to see Perry's cut abs and my chiseled thighs, that's yer loss, man.

:eek::D.

Inukshuk
02-04-2014, 08:31 AM
:perry: and I met for an hour Sunday and I got more into the minor highlights plan from Post #1. Just like :perry: and since the first Run in 2004, a big part of the fun for Perry and for me is research and planning. That part is open to all :welcome:, but its also ok to just show up at the appointed time and date with trucks, ammo, and whiskey. There is not yet a really solid initial plan to share, but once there is, Perry :perry: will and then we can see what might be adjusted.

The C&TS emerged as the favorite for a train excursion for all the reasons Dan just said so its great to have confirmation. We also think we can work Wheeler Geologic Area into this route - but Perry says I can't divulge all his secret plans. We also talked about really great ideas based on years of Outlaws life. Like making :camping: :happyhour: as early as possible every day.

Keep the ideas coming but don't expect a :drumsticks: unveiling for a while. :thumb:

Inukshuk
02-08-2014, 09:18 AM
World's Greatest Mysteries: Butch Cassidy: Demise by Bullet or Old Age?

http://www.hulu.com/watch/547600

Old40Dog
02-11-2014, 07:51 AM

Watched this on Hulu and it was very good!

MDH33
02-11-2014, 11:03 PM
Watched this on Hulu and it was very good!

Just watched it. A little too much reading-while-being-filmed by the "experts", but interesting and fun Outlaw history!

http://mdhuber.smugmug.com/photos/i-wbLm8ZH/0/O/i-wbLm8ZH.gif

Corbet
02-12-2014, 12:22 PM

DSNGRR has additional pick-up/Drop-off and/or one way options as well. But the route its self prevents too many options. If you have any specific questions please PM me on the DSNGRR.

cruiseroutfit
02-13-2014, 12:33 AM
Another fun watch that aired last night here locally:
http://www.kued.org/whatson/american-experience/butch-cassidy-the-sundance-kid

bh4rnnr
02-13-2014, 06:40 AM

Another fun watch that aired last night here locally:
http://www.kued.org/whatson/american-experience/butch-cassidy-the-sundance-kid

Looks like I got some watching to do this weekend:).

Beachboy
02-17-2014, 04:54 PM
I am going to try once again to go, but too early to know. The C&T I think is a better ride.

Rock Dog
02-17-2014, 11:38 PM
Perry,
I WANT TO GO THIS YEAR!! and put it on the Calendar!! I am really excited to goI I have missed Way too much wheeling the last 3 years due in part to medical challenges I hope are over!!
Thanks for all you do putting this together!
Cheers,
Neil.

jonharis
02-19-2014, 12:47 PM
On the calender. Having to turn back on the way there last year was one of the worst experiences ever for me. With a new job, I need to gauge my vacation time so can't quite commit but I'm going to pull every string I can to make this happen this year. :cheers:

Inukshuk
02-19-2014, 07:00 PM
On the calender. Having to turn back on the way there last year was one of the worst experiences ever for me. With a new job, I need to gauge my vacation time so can't quite commit but I'm going to pull every string I can to make this happen this year. :cheers:

:thumb:

bh4rnnr
02-20-2014, 06:38 AM
Please note that, after this post, due to size of the group, I have closed the run. If there continues to be interest, I will start a waiting list for those people.

For those that have stated going, i'd like to get a final yes by June 1st. Main reason being so we can start getting reservations going for the train ride in Chama.

Also, I'm going to host a get together May 8th, 4-7pm at the Paramount Café in Downtown Denver. This will be the first of several. Mainly to hang out, but also to talk routes, logistics, etc.

rover67
02-20-2014, 10:15 AM
Please note that, after this post, due to size of the group, I have closed the run. If there continues to be interest, I will start a waiting list for those people.

For those that have stated going, i'd like to get a final yes by June 1st. Main reason being so we can start getting reservations going for the train ride in Chama.

Also, I'm going to host a get together May 8th, 4-7pm at the Paramount Café in Downtown Denver. This will be the first of several. Mainly to hang out, but also to talk routes, logistics, etc.

March or May 8th?

bh4rnnr
02-20-2014, 11:58 AM
March or May 8th?

March 8th. Thanks for the catch.

Hulk
02-20-2014, 03:34 PM
Can't make it on March 8 -- I have a Scouts function that night.

bh4rnnr
03-02-2014, 02:31 PM
Outlaws:

Don't forget, 1st of several get togethers next Saturday March 8th. Sorry you cant make this one Matt. Other than raising a few:beer:, would like to start figuring out some logistics.

Meet up at the Paramount Café on the 16th street mall in Downtown. 4-7, Saturday March 8th. Will get a table reserved this week.

MDH33
03-02-2014, 04:30 PM
Outlaws:

Don't forget, 1st of several get togethers next Saturday March 8th. Sorry you cant make this one Matt. Other than raising a few:beer:, would like to start figuring out some logistics.

Meet up at the Paramount Café on the 16th street mall in Downtown. 4-7, Saturday March 8th. Will get a table reserved this week.

I'll be there! :beer:

Old40Dog
03-02-2014, 08:01 PM
Insky on 3/8! Rachel & me.

bh4rnnr
03-06-2014, 06:36 AM
Got a table reserved for 7 on Saturday 4-7. Look forward to hanging out!

Inukshuk
03-06-2014, 09:51 PM
Got a table reserved for 7 on Saturday 4-7. Look forward to hanging out!

cool

bh4rnnr
03-09-2014, 10:20 AM
Fun times hanging out last night. Silly me forgot the maps:rolleyes:.

And a big thanks to Mike and Martin for helping get the 4runner up to Joe's. Interested in what the diagnostics is for the rear end noise.

MDH33
03-09-2014, 11:23 AM
Glad I could help!

baileyfj40
03-09-2014, 12:46 PM
You're welcome.

Woodsman
03-11-2014, 09:01 PM
hehe Perry has a trailer queen. :D Never thought I'd say that. :lol:

midna
03-21-2014, 09:07 PM
Hey, it's Rachel May!
I would have posted up sooner, but my previous username on the forum was making it impossible for me to log in, and I had to create a new one.
But I'm here now, and greatly anticipating this year's Outlaw Run!! :D

Woodsman
03-23-2014, 04:55 PM
Hey, it's Rachel May!
I would have posted up sooner, but my previous username on the forum was making it impossible for me to log in, and I had to create a new one.
But I'm here now, and greatly anticipating this year's Outlaw Run!! :D

See you there. Be ready for some Cards Against Humanity. :lmao:

Hulk
03-23-2014, 08:59 PM
Be ready for some Cards Against Humanity. :lmao:

Hellllll yeah!!! :beer: :beer: :beer:

bh4rnnr
03-24-2014, 06:46 AM
See you there. Be ready for some Cards Against Humanity. :lmao:

Best game ever!!

Inukshuk
03-25-2014, 10:14 PM
Interested in what the diagnostics is for the rear end noise.

Not the front end this time :rolleyes:

bh4rnnr
05-26-2014, 10:45 AM
Fellow Outlaws,

Now with Cruise Moab '14 in the books, it's time to get back on to planning for this years run. Would like to get another Outlaw get together set up. Hang out, talk routes, figure logistics, drink :beer:. The usual stuff.

Was planning on June 7th, a Saturday, for getting together. Lets keep things simple and plan on meeting up at the Paramount Café again. 4-7 for Happy Hour. I will get a table reserved. And who knows, maybe they'll finally have some BCB beer on tap:D.

Getting excited for this years run:cool:.

Jacket
05-26-2014, 05:53 PM
I'll stick it on the calendar before something else gets on there. :)

Hulk
05-28-2014, 05:43 PM
I may be able to make it, but it's iffy. My family activities trump these Outlaw drinking planning excursions. I've said this before: it's much, much easier for me to meet up on a weekday night (Mon-Thurs) than it is on a weekend night. I'd love to attend one of these, but Saturday nights are usually reserved for a date night with my wife or for a family night with the whole family.

DanS
05-29-2014, 09:06 AM
I'll be there.

Dan

baja1d
05-29-2014, 02:27 PM
On the calendar

bh4rnnr
06-03-2014, 06:43 AM
Fellow Outlaws,

Now with Cruise Moab '14 in the books, it's time to get back on to planning for this years run. Would like to get another Outlaw get together set up. Hang out, talk routes, figure logistics, drink :beer:. The usual stuff.

Was planning on June 7th, a Saturday, for getting together. Lets keep things simple and plan on meeting up at the Paramount Café again. 4-7 for Happy Hour. I will get a table reserved. And who knows, maybe they'll finally have some BCB beer on tap:D.

Getting excited for this years run:cool:.

Just bumping to remind fellow Outlaws about getting together this Saturday:).

Matt, hopefully you can join us, but will remember to make the next one fall on a weekday.

Old40Dog
06-03-2014, 11:00 AM
I'll be out of town.

CardinalFJ60
06-03-2014, 11:43 AM
I'll be out of town.

yep...me too. we'll have to grab a beer during the week. :thumb::beer:

Inukshuk
06-03-2014, 02:59 PM
Can't make it. :( I'll be in Wadi Rum (https://maps.google.com/maps?oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&channel=sb&ie=UTF-8&q=wadi+rum&fb=1&gl=us&hq=wadi+rum&cid=13833614254222564842&ei=JTaOU_DSOpOvyAT29oK4Dw&ved=0CLIBEPwSMA8) (be sure to zoom in) (29.597342,35.426559) :cool:

MDH33
06-03-2014, 07:50 PM
I'm working Saturday, so can't make it either, unfortunately. Have fun! :beer:

smslavin
06-04-2014, 06:46 PM
count me out for this year. between the new job and having to replace all of the plumbing in the new place last week (yay for 1945 galvanized steel pipes), there's no money left to replace the FJ. going to be awhile me thinks.

i imagine you've got plenty of people on the waiting list... ;)

bh4rnnr
06-06-2014, 06:35 AM
I'll be out of town.

yep...me too. we'll have to grab a beer during the week. :thumb::beer:

Excuses :rolleyes:
Can't make it. :( I'll be in Wadi Rum (https://maps.google.com/maps?oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&channel=sb&ie=UTF-8&q=wadi+rum&fb=1&gl=us&hq=wadi+rum&cid=13833614254222564842&ei=JTaOU_DSOpOvyAT29oK4Dw&ved=0CLIBEPwSMA8) (be sure to zoom in) (29.597342,35.426559) :cool:

Look forward to hearing about the trek.

I'm working Saturday, so can't make it either, unfortunately. Have fun! :beer:

Glad to here you at least able to do some work on that foot!

count me out for this year. between the new job and having to replace all of the plumbing in the new place last week (yay for 1945 galvanized steel pipes), there's no money left to replace the FJ. going to be awhile me thinks.

i imagine you've got plenty of people on the waiting list... ;)

Bummer to not have you along this year:mad:.

So I have a table reserved for tomorrow. Look forward to seeing those that can make it ! 4-7 at the Paramount Cafe.

Jacket
06-06-2014, 08:46 AM
I'm still planning on it. Maybe it'll just be you and me Perry. :)

baja1d
06-06-2014, 09:14 AM
And me

bh4rnnr
06-07-2014, 06:24 AM
I'm still planning on it. Maybe it'll just be you and me Perry. :)

And me

Look forward to hanging out:). Will remember to bring maps this time....

bh4rnnr
06-08-2014, 10:25 AM
Thanks to Matt and Travis for making it down last night. Fun times.

Old40Dog
06-08-2014, 12:38 PM
Looks like some "Serious Planning" too! :beer:

Sorry I missed out. :(

bh4rnnr
06-11-2014, 07:55 PM
Some tidbits on Wagon Mound. Leon E Williams was my great grandfather. Owned the Diamond A spread in Wagon Mound.

https://nmstatehood.unm.edu//node/74173

bh4rnnr
07-13-2014, 02:43 PM
Was wanting to get another Outlaw get together planned. Was thinking this week or next. Try a weekday this time around. How does the 16th or 23rd work for you guys? Other days? We can meet later in the evening to avoid traffic.

Figuring on keeping it at the usual spot, Paramount Café. Plus, Big Choice Beer is now on Tap. MMMMM goodness.

Inukshuk
07-13-2014, 04:47 PM
Was wanting to get another Outlaw get together planned. Was thinking this week or next. Try a weekday this time around. How does the 16th or 23rd work for you guys? Other days? We can meet later in the evening to avoid traffic.

Figuring on keeping it at the usual spot, Paramount Café. Plus, Big Choice Beer is now on Tap. MMMMM goodness.

These work

CardinalFJ60
07-14-2014, 04:27 PM
neat little article on CNN...they mention Hole in the Wall...BTDT. :thumb: Thanks Perry!
16th won't work for me...23rd could. though.

cruiseroutfit
07-14-2014, 06:14 PM
I'm ready for some Outlaw'n. I've been listening to The Last Outlaws: The Lives and Legends of Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid by Thom Hatch during my recent travels, really has me amped.

CardinalFJ60
07-14-2014, 06:41 PM
I'm already ready already, too! there's also some new series on Discovery or History channel entitled "Gunslingers". It'll air sometime soon; I've seen a bunch of promos for it.

bh4rnnr
07-15-2014, 06:37 AM
I'm ready for some Outlaw'n. I've been listening to The Last Outlaws: The Lives and Legends of Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid by Thom Hatch during my recent travels, really has me amped.

Let me know how you like it:). In need of some new Outlaw reading.

Lets plan on the 23rd then, give time to get it put on the calendar.

Oh, and everybody bring a rock:eek:...

Jacket
07-15-2014, 10:19 AM
I can't make either date. :(

CardinalFJ60
07-15-2014, 10:33 AM
Oh, and everybody bring a rock:eek:...

and an empty 40...

:lmao:

Hulk
07-16-2014, 02:28 AM
Thanks for scheduling a meet up that's not on the weekend. I have the 23rd on my calendar. I will be bringing a screw-on cap with a small hole drilled in it for science testing.

bh4rnnr
07-21-2014, 09:08 PM
looking forward to hanging out with some Outlaws:cool:.

Don't forget about the July Outlaw get together: July 23rd at the Paramount Café. Lets say 5:30ish for meeting up.

Got a few things to figure out. Chama train ride and breakfast, plus a new end to the route.

Oh and hope you guys are ready for some Big Choice:beer:.

cruiseroutfit
07-23-2014, 06:33 AM
Big choice eh?

Inukshuk
07-24-2014, 12:24 AM
Big choice eh?

yup. http://www.bigchoicebrewing.com/ and a Mud salute to Shawn "Lego" Cardinal.

Hulk
07-25-2014, 08:38 PM
Good night.

baja1d
07-25-2014, 08:53 PM
I'm sooo bummed to announce that I will not be able to attend this year.

bh4rnnr
07-26-2014, 10:49 AM
I'm sooo bummed to announce that I will not be able to attend this year.

Awww man, sorry to here this Travis! Will be a bummer to not have you along:(.

bh4rnnr
07-26-2014, 11:06 AM
Thanks to Matt and Daniel for making it down this week. Fun times:beer:.

And some things to think about:

I've been pondering ending the trip in Telluride, a little more laid back trip. Matt had a fun thought of getting a hotel room one night in Telluride and hitting up the town. Looks like theres a cool hotel right in town.

Also have been thinking about getting a breakfast agenda going, one person cooks b-fast for one day of the trip. Help get us going at a reasonable hour:eek::hill:.