PDA

View Full Version : Dangerous question? OEM parts source?

imhighlander
01-26-2014, 02:00 PM
Hey, all. I post this not intending to risk offending a sponsor but I'm looking for recommendations on the best source for genuine OEM parts. Specifically, I need two things:

Windshield wiper linkage assembly for 1999 4Runner Limited. The one in my wife's truck got damaged by an overly aggressive car wash, believe it or not. It squeals like mad when she needs to use the wipers and I've heard more than I want to hear about it.

FJ60 prop rod, clip, and grommet. Matt advised me of the prop rod mod for my 80. (Thanks, Matt!) My hood support struts don't like the cold and the back of my melon hurts from the hood-drop. (Those who saw me airing up trail side no doubt noticed my ghetto shovel mod prop rod in use yesterday.)

Is Stevinson West really my best option, or is there a Rising Sun member/friend who can beat dealer prices on parts?

Thanks,
Matt

MDH33
01-26-2014, 02:46 PM
Once you become a RS member, you'll get a discount at the dealership.

In the meantime, I would make a trip to the salvage yard for the stuff you need now. Seems like those are parts that could be found in used functional shape pretty easy.

:thumb:

imhighlander
01-26-2014, 04:43 PM
Definitely in my plans to be a member if you'll have me. Don't know how soon I'll make an official meeting given my work travel schedule.
Thanks for the info. Time is too precious a commodity to spend trolling local salvage yards so although I'm sure I could save significantly with used parts I don't have the time to search unless I can find a used source online and order them up.

bomber22
01-26-2014, 06:03 PM
87 fj60 in the for sale section, at the pull &pay in aurora and try jims used toyota parts in the links section on the home page of rs.

subzali
01-26-2014, 06:29 PM
Beno and cruiser Dan on mud give a mud discount

Hulk
01-26-2014, 06:46 PM
FJ60 prop rod, clip, and grommet. Matt advised me of the prop rod mod for my 80. (Thanks, Matt!) My hood support struts don't like the cold and the back of my melon hurts from the hood-drop.

Hmmm, this sounds like something I need to know about.

Corbet
01-26-2014, 07:15 PM
Beno and cruiser Dan on mud give a mud discount

Pretty much where I get all my OEM stuff, picking parts up from Dan is a shorter drive than Stevenson :hill: But I normally have them shipped.

DanS
01-26-2014, 08:31 PM
Pretty much where I get all my OEM stuff, picking parts up from Dan is a shorter drive than Stevenson :hill: But I normally have them shipped.

Same.

Even better, Dan and Onur don't shy away from my odd-ball diesel part requests. Heck, they often have what I need sitting on the shelf.

Plus, with my schedule, shipping them to me is really, really handy.

But for anything local (or easily found on US spec vehicles) Stevinson West is pretty awesome.

Dan

CardinalFJ60
01-26-2014, 10:51 PM
Yep, same here as above. Also...for the prop rod grommet, they are in stock. But....unless your going for all oem resto project, I'd recommend going to Lowe's and get a 5 pack of rubber grommets for less then the price of one oem. Fits perfect, like they might be exactly the same. I just did it. :thumb: